Official Detroit Pistons Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Detroit Pistons Thread

I've praised Rip Hamilton as one of my favorite players, and a class act for the longest time. This series, he kind've put down a lot of cheap shots at Dwyane Wade during games, and I didn't like it at all - which led to me saying a lot of bad things about the guy. After the game, he proved that he is what I've always thought he was...a class act. I'll take back all the wrong things I've said about him during this series.

Blueprint said:
I've praised Rip Hamilton as one of my favorite players, and a class act for the longest time. This series, he kind've put down a lot of cheap shots at Dwyane Wade during games, and I didn't like it at all - which led to me saying a lot of bad things about the guy. After the game, he proved that he is what I've always thought he was...a class act. I'll take back all the wrong things I've said about him during this series.

Rip Hamilton was always one of my favorite players...but my opinion changed forever when he flagrant fouled Wade in Game 4.

It was Bs..and wasn't even a hard foul.

What I consider a hard foul is when you try to break your opponent's fingers by "hacking" at the ball.

I don't mind a real hard slap of the arm....I don't mind slamming into somebody while they are dribbling.

BUT a push in the chest while you are in the air is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of bounds to me.

Not in the air. Don't do it. Careers could end that way.

listening to most Detroit fans, the only guy who is untouchable in their mind is Prince, and either Billups/Rip. For the most part, they seem more than willing to blow up the team, and get ready for the long haul.

ChambersWI said:
listening to most Detroit fans, the only guy who is untouchable in their mind is Prince, and either Billups/Rip. For the most part, they seem more than willing to blow up the team, and get ready for the long haul.

If there's an untouchable, it's Billups. Prince was phenomenal in this series (the only Piston who, I believe, can hold his head high in defeat), but his offense is very limited. He has a chicken-winged three-pointer, or he can back down an opponent on the right block and spin towards the hoop (he'll spin to the front of the hoop rather than the baseline about 90% of the time). That's it. Honestly, I think the only reason he scores is because he's taller and longer limbed than about 95% of the guys who guard him. On a team full of streaky offensive guys, he might be the streakiest of all.

Now, that's not to poo-pooh his value. All things considered, I'd take him over (off the top of my head) all but maybe 5 or 6 starting small forwards. But I think Billups is the one guy who absolutely cannot be traded unless they're getting a tippy-top guy in return, i.e. Garnett or better.

ChrisKo said:
From a Pistons fan. For those Heat fans that actually have class, congrats on your win and represent the East well! Good series, see ya next year.

Ill tell ya Dob 72 is not included in Heat fans with class:fire:

Section126 said:
Hey, great season guys...

The Piston fans on finheaven are not like most Piston fans that are smug and arrogant. You guys are good fans that deserved the team you had.

Gotta tip my cap to Chauncey Billups, Tay Prince, Antonio McDyese, Ben Wallace, and SHEEEEEEEEED...What great competitors...

Rip Hamilton can go straight to hell.

Thanks, I guess

Straztheman said:
you are the only reason why i would want the heat to lose the finals.
lol u troll the heat thread all year saying how much the heat suck and how bad the pistons will beat them (exact things u said) and i'm the one with no class for laughing at ur moronic posts lol aww ur the best

man you make me want to leave finheaven right now you troll:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Straztheman said:
man you make me want to leave finheaven right now you troll:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Kids, take it off-line. Straz, if he irritates you that much, just put him on your ignore list.

hahahahaha, pistons fans are crying just like rasheed wallace does on the court. hahahaha.

Straztheman said:
so lets disscuss what players do you think we should target in the off-season

Well, it sounds like Joe Dumars isn't going to do a major overhaul. I'm not sure that's a good move; the league's clearly moving in a direction where guys like Ben Wallace are less valuable and where offense is prized over defense. As I said, my focus would be on trying to work out a deal for Kevin Garnett. They've got the players to do it, obviously.

As it is, it sounds like they're going to be limited to using the mid-level exception and trying to resign Wallace. Bonzi Wells has been mentioned as a target...which I'm not thrilled with. Bobby Jackson would be a much better choice; he can at least run the point.

Back
Top Bottom