Official Finheaven 2006 Mock Game Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2006 Mock Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Houston: Mario Williams, DE, N.C.State
2. San Francisco: Reggie Bush RB, USC (from NO)
3. Tennessee: Matt Leinart, QB, USC
4. N.Y. Jets: D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT, Virginia
5. Green Bay: A.J. Hawk, LB, OhioState
6. New Orleans:VernonDavis, TE, Maryland (from SF)
7. Oakland: Vince Young, QB, Texas
8. Buffalo: Brodrick Bunkley, DT, FloridaState
9. Detroit: Michael Huff, DB, Texas
10. Arizona: Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
11. St. Louis: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
12. Cleveland: Kamerion Wimbley, OLB, FloridaState
13. Baltimore: Winston Justice OT, USC
14. Philadelphia: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
15. Denver: Santonio Holmes, WR, OhioState
16. Miami: Manny Lawson, OLB, N.C. State
17. Minnesota: Ernie Sims, OLB, FloridaState
18. Dallas: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
19. San Diego: Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech
20. Kansas City: Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
21. New England: DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
22. New Orleans: Bobby Carpenter, OLB, OhioState (from SF)
23. TampaBay: Ashton Youboty, CB, OhioState
24. Cincinnati: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State
25. N.Y. Giants: Demeco Rians LB Alabama
26. Chicago: Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA
27. Carolina: Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
28. Jacksonville: Nick Mangold C Ohio State
29. N.Y. Jets: Lendale White RB
30. Indianapolis: Jonathan Josep CB
31. Seattle: Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma
32. Pittsburgh: Jason Allen S

1: Houston - Mario Williams
2: New Orleans - Reggie Bush
3: Tennessee - Matt Leinart
4: NY Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
5: Green Bay - AJ Hawk
6: San Francisco - Vernon Davis
7: Oakland - Michael Huff
8: Buffalo - Brodrick Bunkley
9: Detroit - Ernie Sims
10: Arizona - Jay Cutler
11: St. Louis - Vince Young
12: Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley
13: Baltimore - Haloti Ngata
14: Philadelphia - Winston Justice
15: Denver - Santonio Holmes
16: Miami - Manny Lawson
17: Minnesota - Chad Greenway
18: Dallas - Jason Allen
19: San Diego - Antonio Cromartie
20: Kansas City - Tye Hill
21: New England - Chad Jackson
22: San Francisco - Jonathan Joseph
23: Tampa Bay - Marcus McNeill
24: Cincinnati - Donte Whitner
25: NY Giants - Jimmy Williams
26: Chicago - John McCargo
27: Carolina - Lendale White
28: Jacksonville - Rocky McIntosh
29: NY Jets - Deangelo Williams
30: Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney
31: Seattle - Ashton Youboty
32: Pittsburgh - Daniel Bullocks

1. Houston - Mario Williams
2. Green Bay - Reggie Bush
3. Tennesse - Matt Lienart
4. NY Jets - Dbrickshaw Fergurson
5. New Orleans - AJ Hawk
6. San Francisco - Vernon Davis
7. Oakland - Vince Young
8. Buffalo - Haloti Ngata
9. Detroit - Winston Justice
10. Arizona - Michael Huff
11. St. Louis- Ernie Sims
12. Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley
13. Baltimore - Donte Whitner
14. Philly - Chad Greenway
15. Broncos - Chad Jackson
16. Vikings - Jay Cutler
17. Dolphins - Bobby Carpenter
18. Dallas - Jason Allen
19. Chargers - Antonio Cromartie
20. Chiefs - Jimmy Williams
21. Patriots - Manny Lawson
22. San Fran - Brodrick Bunkley
23. Tampa Bay - Marcus McNeill
24. Cincy - Leonard Pope
25. Giants - Demeco Ryans
26. Chicago - Santonio Holmes
27. Carolina - DeAngelo Williams
28. Jax - Nick Mangold
29. Jets - Tye Hill
30. Colts - Laurence Maroney
31. Seahawks - Ashton Youboty
32. Steelers - LenDale White

For what it's worth...

1. Houston Texans - DE Mario Williams. Well duh...
2. New Orleans Saints - RB Reggie Bush. I don't think the Saints will select Bush but rather trade down to say the 4th or 6th pick because like the Texans they don't need Bush. So i guess my point is Bush will be taken at this spot, the question is by whom? I'm betting it's the 9ers over the Jets because NY will be happy to stay at 4 and take D'Brick.
3. Tennessee Titans - QB Matt Leinart. Don't believe all the Young vs Leinart debate that is being pumped out in the media. With Norm Chow as the OC of the Titans, this pick is really a no brainer. I'll be shocked if they dont take Leinart here.
4. NY Jets - OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson. This is classic Jets. I think they really want Bush right now but are unwilling to trade up. Houston would have gladly traded out of the first spot with them, but the Jets didn't want to give up what Houston was asking. They are going to gamble and hope he falls to them at 4, no chance as SF will pull the deal to acquire him. So, they take BPA, Ferguson is a solid pick for them. Just saw him interviewed on NFL network, he's a classy guy I was very impressed with D'Brick.
5. GB Packers - TE Vernon Davis. I agree with the sentiment that now that Favre is back, they'll select the best offensive player available. Davis is that player.
6. SF 49ers - LB AJ Hawk. This pick will actually belong to the Saints once they trade down. So getting Hawk is a very solid move to improve that defense, although they would have preferred Mario Williams and thanks to the Texans, have to trade down. Wow, the Saints FO must be stunned tonight eh?
7. Oakland Raiders - QB Jay Cutler. You never know what the Raiders and Al Davis are going to do. Many people see Vince Young going here, I think he's going to slide down a bit. If I were the GM of the Raiders, this is what I would do, but this pick could go so many ways. They could take Huff, which makes some sense, although given the Raiders draft history lately (Buchanon) with DB's I think Al Davis will shy away from that position.
8. Buffalo Bills - DT Brodrick Bunkley. This seems to be the consensus by every mock that i've seen... him or Ngata. Bunkley has risen above Ngata because of his versatility.
9. Detroit Lions - OT Winston Justice. 90 percent of the mocks i've seen have the Lions taking Michael Huff here. But with Millen, you just never know what they are going to do. If there were a receiver ranked in this area, they'd probably take another one LOL!. Justice is a solid pick for them here and it makes sense for that OL.
10. Arizona Cardinals - QB Vince Young. He'll have a couple of years to get ready playing behind Warner (unless Kurt gets hurt, which could very easily happen). Dennis Green sees Vince fall to him at 10 and would be extremely happy. Certainly history here with Green taking Culpepper, he slipped a little as I recall.
11. St. Louis Rams - DB Michael Huff. They'll be ecstatic to see Huff still on the board and will make this selection quicker than any pick in the first round. Potentially the steal of the draft.
12. Cleveland Browns - NT Haloti Ngata. Crennell gets the NT he's looking for to build his 3-4 around.
13. Baltimore Ravens - LB Ernie Sims. Preparing to fill Ray Lewis' shoes when he departs next year.
14. Philadelphia Eagles - WR Chad Jackson. Another team trying to fill some big shoes. WR makes sense here, and they go for the bigger one (over Holmes).
15. Denver Broncos - WR Santonio Holmes. This could all change if the Broncos make a move to trade for Jovon Walker. But there's no secret they want a WR (and will deal away Ashley Lelie later in the draft).
16. Miami Dolphins - OLB Manny Lawson. Can't change my mind now. He's just another player to add to the mix. I think we need OLB very badly, this isn't a reach though. We could trade down very easily and take a more polished LB in Carpenter. Both Wimbley and Lawson could be availabe with this pick and that would be a tough debate for sure... Chad Greenway also a possibility. Many of you are thinking we should go CB here, but with the additions in FA and Poole coming back, I think we've successfully updated our corner spot. We will take a Safety with one of our next two picks.
17. Minnesota Vikings - LB Chad Greenway. Makes sense here for the Vikings.
18. Dallas Cowboys - LB Bobby Carpenter. Another player to add to the mix in their front seven. They could trade down here as they need OL help and nobody is really rated high enough to select at this spot.
19. San Diego Chargers - DE Tamba Hali. Took Merriman last year, so they'll look to take a DE who can play alongside him in their 3-4 scheme. Hali will have to bulk up though he does have the frame to do so. They could trade down since both big name WR"s will be gone and they really wanted one of them.
20. Kansas City Chiefs - DB Jimmy Williams. Solid pick here, Chiefs will be drafting defense here no doubt.
21. New England Patriots - LB Kamerion Wimbley. They'll be ecstatic to take Wimbley here. Could go S and take Whitner as well.
22. SF 49ers - C Nick Mangold. This will be the Saints pick after that trade down with SF... they need a center after losing theirs in FA. They get the best interior lineman available with this pick, solid pick here.
23. Tampa Bay Bucs - S Dante Whitner. Makes sense on so many levels. Could go corner as well...
24. Cincinnati Bengals - DB Antonio Cromartie. Could be another steal for the Bengals, corner fits their need, they could take OLB as well.
25. NY Giants - WR Sinorice Moss. Adding some speed to the wideout spot makes sense for Manning I'm sure. They could play him in the slot with Toomer and Burress on the outside. Could also take LB Ryans.
26. Chicago Bears - TE Marcedes Lewis. No secret the Bears are looking TE with this pick.
27. Carolina Panthers - RB Lendale White. This is their kind of running back, not DeAngelo Williams. Maroney is another option here.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - LB Demeco Ryans. Could go either LB or DB here.
29. NY Jets - CB Tye Hill. So many holes... they could go DE here as well with Kiwanuka, but Tye Hill is probably the best pure cover corner in the draft, he just doesn't have the size (we should eat him up )
30. Indianapolis Colts - RB Laurence Maroney. No question they have to fill Edgerrin James' shoes.
31. Seattle Seahawks - G Deuce Lutui. Little bit of a reach here, but they need a road grader on the left hand side to run Alexander (since they lost Hutchinson).
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - S Daniel Bullocks. Now that White is off the board, they'll go safety here. They need a FS with range, not an in the box SS (since they have Polamalu). Bullocks has a lot of range.

RunRickyRun34's Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans – Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St.
2. New Orleans Saints – Reggie Bush, RB, USC
3. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young, QB, Texas
4. New York Jets – D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
5. Green Bay Packers – A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
6. San Francisco 49ers – Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
7. Oakland Raiders – Michael Huff, S, Texas
8. Buffalo Bills – Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida St.
9. Detroit Lions – Ernie Sims, LB, Florida St.
10. Arizona Cardinals – Matt Leinart, QB, USC
11. St. Louis Rams – Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
12. Cleveland Browns – Kamerion Wimbley, DE/LB, Florida St.
13. Baltimore Ravens – Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
14. Philadelphia Eagles – Winston Justice, OT, USC
15. Denver Broncos – Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
16. Miami Dolphins – Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, North Carolina St.
17. Minnesota Vikings – Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
18. Dallas Cowboys – Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State
19. San Diego Chargers – Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
20. Kansas City Chiefs – Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida St.
21. New England Patriots – Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno State
22. San Francisco 49ers – Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Virginia Tech
25. New York Giants – Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
26. Chicago Bears – Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami
27. Carolina Panthers – LenDale White, RB, USC
28. Jacksonville Jaguars – Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP
29. New York Jets – DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
30. Indianapolis Colts – Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
31. Seattle Seahawks – Tamba Hali, DE, Penn St.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee

Posted at 2:29 AM and subject to change!
Will Post changes up until Deadline

Changes
White to Panthers, Pope to Bears, Moss to Steelers 2:48 AM
Moss to Bears, Allen to Steelers at 8:16 AM

1. Houston- Mario Williams
2. N.Y. Jets- Reggie Bush
3. Tennessee- Vince Young
4. New Orleans- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
5. Green Bay- Matt Leinart
6. San Francisco- Vernon Davis
7. Oakland- AJ Hawk
8. Buffalo- Broderick Bunkley