Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a weak draft. Of course Miami would have all these picks in a draft that was only about 60 players deep.

I tell you right now Baltimore is just a draft machine. There is no need for Miami to worry about rushing to be be a lot better, because the AFC will belong to the Ravens and Chiefs for the foreseeable future. Baltimore not only has great starters, but they just continue to add quality depth.
It’s like Baltimore doesn’t make the draft harder than it needs to be.

that’s fine he can be held accountable- question though- did he draft the players Gase and Flores wanted?

I would say he probably did, now if his thoughts didn’t align with Flores I guess you can say he shoudlnt have been on board on hiring Flores to begin with... and its a failure.

With Gase I think he tried to get guys Gase wanted (probably had less influence on that hire) grant - signing Wilson, those look like Gase guys to me for instance.

I mean as a coach you want a GM to draft guys you want for the most part right?

Gase had a ton of influence, Thats how we ended up with Cutler uggh trying to forget that year.. Gase is an egomaniac i hated that guy so much QB whisperer my A** The jets hate him too

Flores was as much a part of that tonight as Grier was.

Who celebrates the davis pick like that? It was like he hit a grand slam.

odd

Missed it the only thing i saw him doing was playing with his kids don't think it had anything to do with the pick.. Flores doesn't show much emotion he learned from Skeletor in New England

I can’t argue with any of that. I thought they should have moved for wirfs to 13 once he went they should have moved for juedy once he went I thought they should have seen if lamb came to them if he didn’t take Jackson which they did.

day 2 top 40 that hunt pick was rich. Felt like a force of a starting right guard option to me. Might work out but that’s some low level comp and he’s a 5th year senior. No way I’d put those feet at tackle.

We watched the rb run go right by us. Could have moved had the picks to do it nothing. The davis pick I flat disliked. I know you need a 3rd dt but that dude is the classic example of underachiever. From a program that coaches up players no less.

the safety shows up on tape probably my favorite pick but a day full of overdrafts.
Agree on all and it started with the obvious move for OT which you mentioned.
When you have all this capital - we should’ve come out with 4-5 studs as opposed to question marks.

Over on Twitter, CK, Simon Clancy, Matthew Cannata, Josh Houtz and Neal Driscoll, all are loving the 2020 draft for Miami. They seem very happy and have been very positive.
Honestly I wonder if it’s Tua hangover.

Flores was as much a part of that tonight as Grier was.

Who celebrates the davis pick like that? It was like he hit a grand slam.

odd

remember that article by Jackson talking about how they couldn’t believe how active Flores was in the whole process? Look at his background, he was definitely a big part.

if it’s fail, its collective fail- in my opinion.

Agree on all and it started with the obvious move for OT which you mentioned.
When you have all this capital - we should’ve come out with 4-5 studs as opposed to question marks.

agreed. Quality over quantity. Didn’t work the board very well.

day 2 needs a do over

Nobody is saying he isn't responsible man, We are saying he gets input particularly on Defense from Flores.
If this draft turns out to be dog $hit like you guys think dont worry its gonna be Grier and Likely Flores getting fired toghether.
They will be bailed out by Tua but let’s not pretend Day 2 was disappointing.

As far as Grier goes- don’t take my comment personally- this organization has been in disarray for 15 years...

At times we didn’t know who was the GM or making decisions- it was so confusing.
So I was just tying to say that at this point the buck stops with Grier.

If Flores could get a bunch of UDFA and Street F/A to play sound and fundamental football, I'm hopeful he'll have the same affect on the 2020 draft class. If he does, the depth in the secondary will be insane. And the DT rotation will be solid.

That’s a fair point - Coach Fl did a nice job last year- but what does that have to do with smart drafting?

They will be bailed out by Tua but let’s not pretend Day 2 was disappointing.

As far as Grier goes- don’t take my comment personally- this organization has been in disarray for 15 years...

At times we didn’t know who was the GM or making decisions- it was so confusing.
So I was just tying to say that at this point the buck stops with Grier.

Tua plays well it will cover for some failed picks, like up in NE over the years and buy this group some more time , if not, they all be out sooner rather than later..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom