Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia

Tone_E said:
Don't wast your time Marino.

lol i'm just wondering why he thinks it wasn't a foul. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me except i'm a keeper. The striker was coming down and i was 1-1 with him, i slide,he jukes,trips over me and falls. I get red carded and they get a penalty kick.

MARINO1384 said:
lol i'm just wondering why he thinks it wasn't a foul. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me except i'm a keeper. The striker was coming down and i was 1-1 with him, i slide,he jukes,trips over me and falls. I get red carded and they get a penalty kick.

Like I said, if an Italian defender did that to anyone, these people would not question the call. It just so happens that it was an Italian who was tripped, and people can not accept that.

20753003711hk-1.jpg

I dont care how you look at it, Grosso was impeded. Wheter or not he dragged his foot purposley or not, like someone previously suggested, its a PK.

And you know what haters, your beloved Beasley or Donnovan would have done the same thing.

Tone_E said:
Like I said, if an Italian defender did that to anyone, these people would not question the call. It just so happens that it was an Italian who was tripped, and people can not accept that.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3954/20753003711hk.jpg

I dont care how you look at it, Grosso was impeded. Wheter or not he dragged his foot purposley or not, like someone previously suggested, its a PK.

And you know what haters, your beloved Beasley or Donnovan would have done the same thing.

There were tons of worse fouls not called for the Aussies in the box. I know you guys are happy which is all fine, a win is a win but you got to admit thats a sorry way to win.

Tone_E said:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3954/20753003711hk.jpg

Wait a minute now, you are giving them way to much credit to 1) actually create a scoring chance in the box, and 2) be smart enough to drag their feet.

I dont think most here hate the italian it just sucks that Aussie and Italy played great 90min soccer and the person who decides the game is the ref not the players with less then 15s left on a ridiculous pk.

Amars said:
There were tons of worse fouls not called for the Aussies in the box. I know you guys are happy which is all fine, a win is a win but you got to admit thats a sorry way to win.

You know what Amars, I generally dont agree with you, but this time I must. I do disagree with the fact that you said we commited worse fouls in the box, but I cant seem to remember any.

Sorry way to win. Not totally, but kind of. We would have rather done it with authority, but were forced to play a man down. Remember that. If it was 11 on 11 and the game played out as it did today, then yeah, I would be dissapointed. But our guys showed a lot of heart, composure, and character today by doing what they had to do to win. I dont think anyone can argue with that.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Wait a minute now, you are giving them way to much credit to 1) actually create a scoring chance in the box, and 2) be smart enough to drag their feet.

:chuckle:

I didn't think the Aussies did enough in the final 3rd to merit winning it but they certainly didn't deserve to lose like that. It was never a penalty. Neill maybe shouldn't have gone to ground, but **** off if penalties are being given for strikers being clumsy. He fell over Lucas Neill plain and simple.

If England had have gone out the competition like that, I may well have killed someone.

Tone_E said:
You know what Amars, I generally dont agree with you, but this time I must. I do disagree with the fact that you said we commited worse fouls in the box, but I cant seem to remember any.

Sorry way to win. Not totally, but kind of. We would have rather done it with authority, but were forced to play a man down. Remember that. If it was 11 on 11 and the game played out as it did today, then yeah, I would be dissapointed. But our guys showed a lot of heart, composure, and character today by doing what they had to do to win. I dont think anyone can argue with that.

You should always agree with me :wink: :tongue:

Boomer said:
I didn't think the Aussies did enough in the final 3rd to merit winning it but they certainly didn't deserve to lose like that. It was never a penalty. Neill maybe shouldn't have gone to ground, but **** off if penalties are being given for strikers being clumsy. He fell over Lucas Neill plain and simple.

If England had have gone out the competition like that, I may well have killed someone.

:lol:

very entertaining game today. i could agree that it was a foul. the problem for me is watching the italians flop all over the field for the whole game so it gets to a point where every call looks suspect

Easy to see why the entire Italian squad play in Serie A. It's the only major league gay enough for such a bunch of whining pansies to survive in.

Most people hate that Italian side more than any other. Dirty cheating cowardly, hateful *****. I sincerely hope they are eliminated in true comedy style once again. Ahn scoring in Korea was a moment of genuine world unity as everyone laughed at the diving *****. We need more of that spirit.

May they have an aircrash whilst heading home.

Maynard said:
very entertaining game today. i could agree that it was a foul. the problem for me is watching the italians flop all over the field for the whole game so it gets to a point where every call looks suspect

Not even going to respond to this one. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom