Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy

MARINO1384 said:
Didn't test him? Not our fault the italian coach is stupid and takes out thier like 2 best goal scorers in Totti and Luca.
Well....let say that Onyweu play ok, but to say that he can stop or take care of Toni is totally crazy. What we are forgetting is that game was not your typical soccer game, to many interuptions and fauls. Don't judge Toni by that game.

Boomer said:
OK, I apologise.

But the fact remains, FIFA want those sorts of tackles stamped out totally. It was late and it bent Pirlo's ankle and could easily have broken it. Like I said, in the Premiership it was a yellow, but officiating is sterner in major tournaments and that was a perfect example.

There is nothing wrong with running up to Mastroeni and flash the yellow in his face and tell him..."next foul..it goes red.."

Pulling the red basically ends the chance for 3 points for the US.

Tone_E said:
Especially since it was De Rossi who was responsible for that initially. Pirlo couldn't do it alone, and required Gattuso to hold down the fort with him.

I am very pleased now that I know Gattuso will be starting for us from here out. Should've been that way from the beginning if he didn't get injured. With Zambrotta and Gattuso back, we have my preferred squad on the pitch. EXCEPT, I want to see Inazghi subbed in. That guy plays with energy and fire, that which was lacking against the States. I also believe Camoranesi should've been brough in to take advantage of the open space in the second.

I would rather have Inzaghi then Gilardino or Iquanta or DelPiero but it is not going to happen

first&goal said:
Well....let say that Onyweu play ok, but to say that he can stop or take care of Toni is totally crazy. What we are forgetting is that game was not your typical soccer game, to many interuptions and fauls. Don't judge Toni by that game.

Onyewu played more then ok...

Section126 said:
When people want to learn the game..I explain it to them...no matter how stupid their question may be.
I've got a question, I've watched 10+ games so far so I've got the general feel down, but a couple of things have eluded me

Do they trade jersey's at the end of matches and if so why? (it sure looks like they do, is it just sportsmanship)

Also how many refs are out on the pitch?

(it is pitch instead of field correct I'm usually watching on Univision and I don't catch everything:D)

Chavez Ravine said:
I've got a question, I've watched 10+ games so far so I've got the general feel down, but a couple of things have eluded me

Do they trade jersey's at the end of matches and if so why? (it sure looks like they do, is it just sportsmanship)

Also how many refs are out on the pitch?

(it is pitch instead of field correct I'm usually watching on Univision and I don't catch everything:D)

Usually, for international matches they trade jerseys as a gesture of friendliness. It doesn't always happen though. I remember when we beat Argentina (in 1999 I think) in a friendly 1-0 the Argentinian players (many of their top players were in the lineup) walked off the field without doing this. But, usually it's normal practice.

1 ref is on the pitch (there really should be a second in my opinion), and you can call it field or pitch.

Prime Time said:
Ask Arena. He started out slow, but he didn't do a bad job on Koller. Not an excellent job, but not a bad job.

He was responsible for both goals. And you yourself admitted he was poor.

Section126 said:
There is nothing wrong with running up to Mastroeni and flash the yellow in his face and tell him..."next foul..it goes red.."

Pulling the red basically ends the chance for 3 points for the US.

Like I said.......FIFA want that tackle outlawed. In a major tournament, with the world watching, it was always going to bring a red.

Boomer said:
Like I said.......FIFA want that tackle outlawed. In a major tournament, with the world watching, it was always going to bring a red.
It wasn't deserving of a red, in any sport the refs shouldn't give a major advantage to one team over the other and when the U.S. loss two men on BS calls they are practicially giving that game to Italy

nick1 said:
It wasn't deserving of a red, in any sport the refs shouldn't give a major advantage to one team over the other and when the U.S. loss two men on BS calls they are practicially giving that game to Italy

Rubbish.

Boomer, did you just watch the Germany-Ecuador game? Scweinsteiger slid tackled Mendez from behind and got nothing but a foul. Not even a yellow. Mastroeni does it from the left side and gets a red...talk about inconsistancy.

Back
Top Bottom