Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

I've seen worse and it only been given a yellow card.

~soap~ said:
A two legged tackle from behind with stretched legs while the ball has already been played is a RED card.
you probably know better than me but I thought he was going for the ball and if he was it's not deserving of a red

nick1 said:
thats not deserving of a red card straight up, I'm new to soccer as you all know but most refs would have given a yellow card but that ref bypassed yellow straight to red. thats bogus

You should have stopped at 'I'm new to soccer'. FIFA want to eradicate the tackle from behind totally. Any tackle from behind, even well timed, will usually merit a free kick and possibly a yellow.

Any tackle from behind, late, high, studs up......you're gone. Mastroeni's was that and he deserved to go.

nick1 said:
you probably know better than me but I thought he was going for the ball and if he was it's not deserving of a red

He didn't get the ball though, he got Pirlo's ankle. That's an ankle breaking tackle. In the Premiership, that's a yellow card, but in this tournament, with FIFA's strict rules, he was going to go for that.

Boomer said:
You should have stopped at 'I'm new to soccer'. FIFA want to eradicate the tackle from behind totally. Any tackle from behind, even well timed, will usually merit a free kick and possibly a yellow.

Any tackle from behind, late, high, studs up......you're gone. Mastroeni's was that and he deserved to go.

Don't be a football snob.

You are supposed to encourage new fans to understand the sport without starting your statement with a comment like that.

When people want to learn the game..I explain it to them...no matter how stupid their question may be.

having seen the play again this morning...I must say that it was a clear foul deserving of a stern Yellow and a short leash for a red.....

But there is no way you go straight to a red there...it is the damn world cup for christ's sake.

Section126 said:
Don't be a football snob.

You are supposed to encourage new fans to understand the sport without starting your statement with a comment like that.

When people want to learn the game..I explain it to them...no matter how stupid their question may be.

having seen the play again this morning...I must say that it was a clear foul deserving of a stern Yellow and a short leash for a red.....

But there is no way you go straight to a red there...it is the damn world cup for christ's sake.
so I'm right :D I have seen a ton of matches this year and it's clear that game was the worst officiated, one of the only right calls was the red Italy got. an elbow in the face is an automatic red

Boomer said:

Fix your contact lenses...the slide tackle came from his left side...

Section126 said:

:yes:

Prime Time said:
:roflmao: Yeah, and maybe If your FWs could grow a pair and stop pulling our jerseys we wouldn't have had to make tackles like that.

Onyewu = Toni's Daddy

Pathetic. Simply pathetic. Raising Onyweu on a pedastol after he faced the worst Italy showing possible. Italy didn't test him, and oh, but wait, I believe the Czechs did, what happened there, please refresh my memory.:rolleyes:

In essence, it doesen't matter, I'll argue till I'm blue in the face, and I dont expect anything less from American fans. You did have a lot to cheer about, and I give you props for that game, just dont blow it out of proportion.

Tone_E said:
Pathetic. Simply pathetic. Raising Onyweu on a pedastol after he faced the worst Italy showing possible. Italy didn't test him, and oh, but wait, I believe the Czechs did, what happened there, please refresh my memory.:rolleyes:

In essence, it doesen't matter, I'll argue till I'm blue in the face, and I dont expect anything less from American fans. You did have a lot to cheer about, and I give you props for that game, just dont blow it out of proportion.

Bruce Arena praised Onyewu after the Czech game. he was one of 3 or 4 players to get credit for playing well that day. The rest of the team was looked at as dissapointing.

Onyewu shut down Toni. They didn't test him? I really don't understand how you figure that but okay.

Tone_E said:

Didn't test him? Not our fault the italian coach is stupid and takes out thier like 2 best goal scorers in Totti and Luca.

MARINO1384 said:
Didn't test him? Not our fault the italian coach is stupid and takes out thier like 2 best goal scorers in Totti and Luca.

Trust me, they tried testing us, but we shut them down. Not only that but we had possession of the ball A LOT more which is why you didn't see their Offense attack as well, but they did attack, they were just shut down quickly.

Back
Top Bottom