---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Did not play well on Tuesday. The only saving grace was I chipped in from about 30 yards off the green for a birdie on one of the par 4's. Raining today but we'll try again this weekend.

Been getting out about every Sunday for the last few months and can finally see the game coming around. The short game and the putting is starting to sharpen up....which needed to happen.

I have noticed however, that as I age, I'm just not hitting the irons as far as I used to and that is taking some getting used to. I had to swap out a long iron for an extra hybrid in the bag.

. I had to swap out a long iron for an extra hybrid in the bag.
Same for me. Cann't remember the last time I hit a 4 iron and I only use the 3 when I have to go under a tree :)
Good to see you posting here Bob :thumbsup

Same for me. Cann't remember the last time I hit a 4 iron and I only use the 3 when I have to go under a tree :)
Good to see you posting here Bob :thumbsup

See I always uee my 4 and 3. My 3 iron used to be my most hated club now I hit that bastard as good or better than an wood. I need new woods, I have a steel shaft Cleveland 3 wood and I just can't hit it well (well I either hit it 280 yards or duff it and lie doesn't matter).

I want two new Taylormade woods or a wood and hybrid.

Hybrids are much more forgiving than the long irons. I have a #3 and #4 Big bertha hybrid. The #4 goes about 180 - 90 and the #3 is about 200 - 210 when i hit it right. 5 fairway wood and a 3 wood and driver complete the set.
My 3 and 4 irons go about the same distance but they are about 50/50 as far as accuracy which is not good where as the hybrids almost always go straight. Still use the irons when I need a low line drive shot or have to go under a tree.

Didn't get to play this Tuesday as our league tee times got bumped back several hours due to an outing the course planned.
I guess a tee time isn't a tee time if someone else pays more for it.

Hybrids are much more forgiving than the long irons. I have a #3 and #4 Big bertha hybrid. The #4 goes about 180 - 90 and the #3 is about 200 - 210 when i hit it right. 5 fairway wood and a 3 wood and driver complete the set.
My 3 and 4 irons go about the same distance but they are about 50/50 as far as accuracy which is not good where as the hybrids almost always go straight. Still use the irons when I need a low line drive shot or have to go under a tree.

Not to sound like a blowhard but I hit my 6 iron 185. My pitching wedge is a 145 club and generally I add 10 yards a club from there. I can jack a 3 iron 215+ and generally hit it well in fact. The last round I played a hit a perfect 3 iron and couldn't strike it any better, it ended up at 240 yards but that was the furthest extent of that club for me and I think it got good roll on the back end.

So my 3 wood on a great swing used to go around 300 but I averaged at least 275 with it but lately I've been mis-hitting it and pushing it both left and right which tells me my swing is all ****ed up and I'm probably not sweeping through the ball and hitting down on it like an iron because I've leaned on my 3 iron so much. I used to have the exact opposite problem, I only used my 3 iron for shots under trees, punches etc...becasue I hit my 3 wood so good. Somewhere in the process my wires are now crossed and I cost myself 60 yards from 280 to 300 out lol.

145 yards with a PW is about what the pros hit it and so is 300 yards with your 3 wood. I'm more like 110 PW , 240 with my 3 wood . The distances have come down as I've gotten older but I'm a lot more consistency and usually hit um straight :)

I think if you do get a couple hybrids you'll love the results and use your long irons less and less.

145 yards with a PW is about what the pros hit it and so is 300 yards with your 3 wood. I'm more like 110 PW , 240 with my 3 wood . The distances have come down as I've gotten older but I'm a lot more consistency and usually hit um straight :)

I think if you do get a couple hybrids you'll love the results and use your long irons less and less.

I'm at 100 with a PW and declining. Somewhere along the way I have shortened my backswing in an effort to gain accuracy and it has really helped my score, but certainly not the distance. I've added a couple of hybrids to the bag and taken out the 3 iron and for most rounds, the 3 wood. I can still muscle the hybrid about 210 if I had to, but I'm pretty strong off the tee, so unless I'm on a longer course, I don't miss the three wood.

My improvement focus has been on the short game. I carry 56 and 60 degree wedges in my bag and I have improved significantly over the last year or so which has really helped my score.

Had my best round this summer with a 39 last Friday. Finished par , birdie (chip in from 30 feet with a wedge) , par. Driver finally came around and I played from the fairway almost every hole

Picked up a few tips from the golf pro at our local course :)

:thumbsup

Dying to play again this week probably Thurs or Friday weather permitting.

hell yeah, 39. way to go.

My game sucks this year. I guess too much go-kart racing and not enough chipping practice.
This damn job gets in the way.

Chipping was better yesterday, Hit the pin on one from 60 ft. Of course it didn't go in. Never does....
Had a couple 105 wedges that were right on the money also. Left a pro style divot past the ball both times.

Back
Top Bottom