**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread**

They play ever one tough but can not finish against the really good teams.
Fingers crossed but i think we're on the outside looking in this year.
I think so too. If they beat ND, I think they would have been a lock. More than likely, they'll be one of the top seeds in the NIT.

Xavier was blowing G-Town out.... but ended up eking it out in the end!!!

Championship for Big East tonight Xavier vs. Villanova.... Nova has our number 2-0 as of now. they just light us up with 3s ridiculously... shooting 28-63 on us those two games, 44%.

This is probably the best I've felt about a Notre Dame team since Luke Harangody was here. That being said, we haven't gotten out of the second round since 2003, so I can't get my hopes up too much.

This is probably the best I've felt about a Notre Dame team since Luke Harangody was here. That being said, we haven't gotten out of the second round since 2003, so I can't get my hopes up too much.

i was just gonna mention that.... for some reason ND just cant move on in the NCAA. my worry for them is match-ups, if they face an aggressive defensive team with big guys!!!

This is by far the best ND team I have seen in my life(been watching CBB since early-mid 80s). the only thing that would concern me if I was an ND fan is being satisfied w/ that ACC Tourney title b/c they put so much into it and made it out to be the 2nd biggest win in school history.

This is by far the best ND team I have seen in my life(been watching CBB since early-mid 80s). the only thing that would concern me if I was an ND fan is being satisfied w/ that ACC Tourney title b/c they put so much into it and made it out to be the 2nd biggest win in school history.

What impresses me most about them is they've been playing much better defense over the past 2 weeks or so. They had their lapses against us in the Yum Center but they've really turned it up a notch especially in the ACC tournament. UK better watch out for them.

hey Fishfan.... congrats on Miami hoops in the NIT there... got closer at end, but round 1 win!!!

Brett McMurphyVerified account
‏@McMurphyESPN ACC-B1G hoops challenge: Maryland at UNC, Indiana at Duke, UL at MSU, UVa at Ohio St., ND at Illinois, Wis. at Syracuse

Okay Lou. Thoughts on Pitino?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay Lou. Thoughts on Pitino?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don't know yet. I was never a big fan of the guy, until a few years ago. It was 2012, the year we lost to that Anthony Davis led UK team in the Final 4. I was on the charter with the team and athletic department types and flew out to Portland with them for the first 2 rounds. We beat New Mexico in the second game and left straight from the arena to head to the charter terminal at PDX. It was late, especially for all of us eastern time zoners. I got on the plane and headed all the way back and sat in the last row of the plane next to the bathroom. The plane was dark except for the light directly above me. Everyone was milling around getting settled for the flight (we were flying directly to Phoenix to drop the team off for the next rounds and then the rest of us were heading back here to Louisville). People started to sit down and I could see a figure coming up the isle. It was stopping at every single row and looking at both sides, saying something to each briefly and then moving to the next row. I thought, "who is this person and what are they doing?" This person went all they way back to the back of the plane and stepped into the light right in front of me. It was Rick Pitino. He thanked me for making the trip and for helping them win these 2 games. He had walked the entire plane from his players in front to the athletic department folks to the band and cheerleaders and thanked each row for making the trip. I'd never heard of a coach doing that and having been on one other charter with him and the team (the loss to Morehead St in 2011), he didn't do it then either. I doubt the Pitino of 15 years ago would have done something like that. It impressed me.

That being said from everything I've heard and understood, he didn't have any idea whatever it is was was going on. I'm confident of that. Plus we're not entirely sure exactly what all was going on. Obviously some stuff was, but I'd wager not everything of what this woman has said was going on. The investigators just have to figure out what it all was. Fanboys and internet blowhards say that a head coach should know all things that are going on in his program at all times. That's a load of crap. There's no way any head coach can know everything. He can't be with his players 24/7. My guess is McGee decided this would be a good idea and since he and the players involved knew Pitino would most certainly say no to this, they kept it secret. Where he was getting the money for it, who knows.

The investigation won't be concluded until next summer I'm guessing. It should take about 12 months to do. Once everything is presented (not just this woman's poorly written "book" and her side) then a proper decision can be made on Rick's future.

such a crazy story, how dumb can people be. did they think they would get away w/ it? Do I think Pitino set this up? No way, do I think he knew? on some level you would think he heard some rumblings at the least but who knows? he's one of the all time great coaches in the sport, to think he would need to do something like this to recruit to good basketball school like Louisville makes no sense. I hope he didn't know anything, I hope this was just Mcgee doing this on his own. I would not want to see the legacy of an all time great tarnished but hopefully the full truth comes out no matter how bad it may be.

Bb
Just don't know yet. I was never a big fan of the guy, until a few years ago. It was 2012, the year we lost to that Anthony Davis led UK team in the Final 4. I was on the charter with the team and athletic department types and flew out to Portland with them for the first 2 rounds. We beat New Mexico in the second game and left straight from the arena to head to the charter terminal at PDX. It was late, especially for all of us eastern time zoners. I got on the plane and headed all the way back and sat in the last row of the plane next to the bathroom. The plane was dark except for the light directly above me. Everyone was milling around getting settled for the flight (we were flying directly to Phoenix to drop the team off for the next rounds and then the rest of us were heading back here to Louisville). People started to sit down and I could see a figure coming up the isle. It was stopping at every single row and looking at both sides, saying something to each briefly and then moving to the next row. I thought, "who is this person and what are they doing?" This person went all they way back to the back of the plane and stepped into the light right in front of me. It was Rick Pitino. He thanked me for making the trip and for helping them win these 2 games. He had walked the entire plane from his players in front to the athletic department folks to the band and cheerleaders and thanked each row for making the trip. I'd never heard of a coach doing that and having been on one other charter with him and the team (the loss to Morehead St in 2011), he didn't do it then either. I doubt the Pitino of 15 years ago would have done something like that. It impressed me.

That being said from everything I've heard and understood, he didn't have any idea whatever it is was was going on. I'm confident of that. Plus we're not entirely sure exactly what all was going on. Obviously some stuff was, but I'd wager not everything of what this woman has said was going on. The investigators just have to figure out what it all was. Fanboys and internet blowhards say that a head coach should know all things that are going on in his program at all times. That's a load of crap. There's no way any head coach can know everything. He can't be with his players 24/7. My guess is McGee decided this would be a good idea and since he and the players involved knew Pitino would most certainly say no to this, they kept it secret. Where he was getting the money for it, who knows.

The investigation won't be concluded until next summer I'm guessing. It should take about 12 months to do. Once everything is presented (not just this woman's poorly written "book" and her side) then a proper decision can be made on Rick's future.

There's obviously more to the story and ESPN has suffered some real credibility issues but there is enough from former players and recruits to indicate something along these lines happened. Though there is nothing to tie Pitino to it right now nor would I expect there to be anything found I find it a little hard to believe that he didn't have some idea about it and chose to ignore it. I don't think they'll ever be able to prove it but I also don't see him surviving this.

Young women being used for sex and alcohol being supplied to these kids happens at every campus. It's been going on a long time and there are enough stories out there that no school can say they're above it. That said, I doubt any coaches are bringing in prostitutes o the athletic dorm and that's what is going to cost the University if true. I certainly hope the best for you because we all know how unpredictable the NCAA is.

The worst part of this story is how the madam pimped her own daughters and one was only 17 when she first started. I can't believe a mother would do that.

Back
Top Bottom