Official NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

Good game, but that alternate possession in college basketball has got to be one of the worst rules in sports.

Good game, but that alternate possession in college basketball has got to be one of the worst rules in sports.

Several people texted me telling me that it's one of the worst calls in a big game they've ever seen. That's awesome. Thankfully the refs stepped in and did the right thing and sent those goofballs back to their college in the corn field.

:lol:

Several people texted me telling me that it's one of the worst calls in a big game they've ever seen. That's awesome. Thankfully the refs stepped in and did the right thing and sent those goofballs back to their college in the corn field.

I hate underdog/Cinderella stories as much as the next guy, but it's not the call that sucked. It's an idiotic rule and they needed to get rid of it about 10 years ago.

Completely agree. Other ones I would change are where you take 9 seconds and don't get it across half court and call a timeout, you get a fresh 10 seconds to do so.

The other is where after a team makes a shot, that same team can call a timeout right after that. That's just me, but I'm not a fan of those rules either.

Whew, that was a close one. Wichita State is very, very well coached. Stupid UCLA should have waited and hired Marshall. Instead that hired that dumpster fire Steve Alford.

Hopefully a down program or a program like Alabama will throw the checkbook at Marshall. Get him out of Witchita State and let them rescind back into their cesspool of fail where they belong.

Hopefully a down program or a program like Alabama will throw the checkbook at Marshall. Get him out of Witchita State and let them rescind back into their cesspool of fail where they belong.

Alabama already has a decent coach, not as good as Marshall but still not bad. UCLA is really going to wish they waited on Marshall when they have to fire Alford in 4 years because his players have off the court problems and he can't win games in the post season.

And now the charge call in the 'Cuse-Michigan game. Really sucks that two great games both had to be soiled by controversy in the final minute.

Regardless, gonna be a good championship game. Everyone get your tissues ready for One Shining Moment.

So, the University of Louisville will be playing for 2 national championships within the next 48 hours (men and women). Yeah, U of L, we're kinda good at this whole "sports" thing.

it is a bad rule but the whistle was the quickest I have ever seen, just a terrible call.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

this isn't football where you can play 1-2 tough games a year in the SEC and automatically qualify for the championship game. They determine a true champion in CBB and Wich State is a better basketball program than Alabama. he'd be taking a step down going to 'Bama.

this isn't football where you can play 1-2 tough games a year in the SEC and automatically qualify for the championship game. They determine a true champion in CBB and Wich State is a better basketball program than Alabama. he'd be taking a step down going to 'Bama.

So when are they going to play 1-2 tough games to determine this true champion?

LOL @ Step down. Guarantee he's leave the cornfield college for Alabama.

Gregg Marshall: $900,000 per year.

Anthony Grant: $1.83M per year.

Seems like a significant step up in the right direction of life IMO.

So when are they going to play 1-2 tough games to determine this true champion?

LOL @ Step down. Guarantee he's leave the cornfield college for Alabama.

Gregg Marshall: $900,000 per year.

Anthony Grant: $1.83M per year.

Seems like a significant step up in the right direction of life IMO.

Is Anthony Grant getting fired?

Marshall could have gotten the UCLA job so why would he settle for Alabama?

Is Anthony Grant getting fired?

Marshall could have gotten the UCLA job so why would he settle for Alabama?

I never said anything about Anthony Grant getting fired. I threw out the name of a top athletic program (like Alabama) and said that Marshall would take something like that in a heartbeat.

And let's be serious...UCLA? That's not exactly a great job these days. However, it's definitely a better job than being out in Wichita.

downtown_wichita640-1.jpg

I never said anything about Anthony Grant getting fired. I threw out the name of a top athletic program (like Alabama) and said that Marshall would take something like that in a heartbeat.

And let's be serious...UCLA? That's not exactly a great job these days. However, it's definitely a better job than being out in Wichita.

downtown_wichita640-1.jpg

UCLA is a program like Alabama was before Saban took over. A once elite program needing the right coach to bring them back to the top.

Not everyone needs be in a metropolis like Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

If he can get a major job that's great but Alabama is not a major job in CBB. It's sort of like the Rutgers of college football except Rutgers has actually been to bowl games recently- then again almost every school gets to go to a bowl game in CFB:lol:

Back
Top Bottom