*Official NHL Offseason Thread* | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NHL Offseason Thread*

Pink_Dove said:
The Pronger deal is ok. Contrary to what is being reported it's not Lupul, Smid and a draft pick. It's Lupul, Smid, a 1st rounder, a conditional 1st rounder and a 2008 2nd rounder. That's a potential of 5 top prospects right there depending on how Lowe drafts.

It gets better for Lowe.

I think it's a move Burke felt he had to make. You can build up your system and your prospects forever but if you never bring in some veterans all thoswe prospects will never have anyone to learn from.

unifiedtheory said:
It gets better for Lowe.

I think it's a move Burke felt he had to make. You can build up your system and your prospects forever but if you never bring in some veterans all thoswe prospects will never have anyone to learn from.

Not mentioned yet and a minor signing but I think the B's got a solid player in Shean Donovan. He was terrible this year but if he can find his pre-lockout form, you've got yourself a new 3rd line RW.

Pink_Dove said:
Not mentioned yet and a minor signing but I think the B's got a solid player in Shean Donovan. He was terrible this year but if he can find his pre-lockout form, you've got yourself a new 3rd line RW.
I caught that last night.

If they decide to put Axelsson and Donovan together on the third line that could be a good crash and forecheck line.

I don't know where Zhamnov fits into all this though. To be honest when I look at the Bruins now I see a very deep, young, talented defense led by a top 5 guy, a good first line (Boyes, Sturm and Bergeron) and 2/3 of a decent 2nd line (Savard and Murray) and a mismash of guys at forward after that...

I'm positive though....not something I would have said a week ago.

unifiedtheory said:
I caught that last night.

If they decide to put Axelsson and Donovan together on the third line that could be a good crash and forecheck line.

I don't know where Zhamnov fits into all this though. To be honest when I look at the Bruins now I see a very deep, young, talented defense led by a top 5 guy, a good first line (Boyes, Sturm and Bergeron) and 2/3 of a decent 2nd line (Savard and Murray) and a mismash of guys at forward after that...

I'm positive though....not something I would have said a week ago.

Unified, one of the few players who ended up leaving that really pissed me off was Brian Rolston.

Now, I'm sure you have a much better idea of what he brings to the table than myself but in my opinion he was a very servicable 3rd line center who was always excellent on special teams (especially shorthanded).

I always liked him in a Bruins uniform, and with the cluster of guys we have after the first 2 lines, it would be nice to have a guy with similar tools to help solidify the 3rd line. But like you said in your previous post, our offensive production is going to be determined by how well Murray and Savard click.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Unified, one of the few players who ended up leaving that really pissed me off was Brian Rolston.

Now, I'm sure you have a much better idea of what he brings to the table than myself but in my opinion he was a very servicable 3rd line center who was always excellent on special teams (especially shorthanded).

I always liked him in a Bruins uniform, and with the cluster of guys we have after the first 2 lines, it would be nice to have a guy with similar tools to help solidify the 3rd line. But like you said in your previous post, our offensive production is going to be determined by how well Murray and Savard click.
Letting Rolston walk was one of Mike O'Connell's MANY idiotic moves. I mean we're talking about a guy who let Rolston, Knuble and Nylander walk for nothing (not to mention trading Joe AND Sami).

If you look at Rolston he is made to play in todyas NHL. Todays game is all about wheels and the guy has speed to spare. Not to mention a great shot. The guy had 34 goals and 79 points for a Jaques Lemaire coached team!

You hit it on the head with the special teams comment. The guy is a great penalty killer, very dangerous on the PK as well because of his speed. He also plays the point on the PP, can win you some draws and can play wing and center.

Mike O'Connell was an idiot.

CDNPHIN said:
That new ducks logo is almost as bad as the old one! Hope the
Leafs wake up and sign Carter, he's always wanted to play at home.

Ya I would love to add Carter to the squad before its to late even though Carter will not hurt our cap every defenseman we signed has! Carter would be a great third liner and add good depth to our team!

Kabrele- 4.2 mill a year(signed half way through last season)

McCabe- 5.75 mill a year ( I like him but thats a lot he better produce like he did this year)

Kubina- 5 mill a year (I like Kubina a lot and he adds some stablility to our D but 5 mill a year I think is steep)

Hal Gil- 2.1 mill a year to possibly become the next Berg of our team if he doesn't toughen up.

Those 4 Defenseman add up to 17.05 million off the 44 million dollar cap! They better all live up to expectations or else we will have an above average Defense that our getting paid like stars!

Come on, Panthers...just sign a forward who can score. Samsonov, Shanahan, whomever.

A goalie wouldn't hurt either.

CDNPHIN said:
That new ducks logo is almost as bad as the old one! Hope the
Leafs wake up and sign Carter, he's always wanted to play at home.

I liked the old logo better, but I don't care what they look like, just so there winning games.

hmmm rangers sign Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward....i like teh cullen signing....iffy on the wrd signing

unifiedtheory said:
That's something you don't see everyday....Islander fans argueing over their team...I really love this board sometimes.
Not so much arguing as discussing. Besides its the only way anyone talks about nyi anymore because NY isnt exactly a hockey hotbed, especially Long island

Slappy8800 said:
guerin goes to St Louis
Witt is an icelander
thanks for the update on witt

For anyone interested: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-islanders-witt&prov=ap&type=lgns

I like the signing. We really needed some toughness back there. Too many times last year Jagr, gomez, elias, crosby etc skated in to our end unscathed. Witt will take a few dumb penalties but add the much needed toughness we need.

Zhitnik-Campoli
Witt-Grebeshkov
Martinek-Gervais

Back
Top Bottom