official - seattle/carolina game thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official - seattle/carolina game thread

Holmgren had this sort-of stunned look on his face. I mean he's been to the SB before but the look said to me "I never thought I'd be able to do it with this franchise".

Truly remarkable considering how much a laughing stock the Seahawks used to be. Even not too long ago.

RobFins2005 said:
Holmgren had this sort-of stunned look on his face. I mean he's been to the SB before but the look said to me "I never thought I'd be able to do it with this franchise".

Truly remarkable considering how much a laughing stock the Seahawks used to be. Even not too long ago.

Looks like everyones sleeper since like 1998 finally made it.

RobFins2005 said:

Well they've had the talent to do it for years now. This year they actually lost plenty of talent like Koren Robinson, Chad Brown, Anthony Simmons, Chris Terry, and Ken Lucas but they seemed to solidify themselves as a team. The running game just flat out was unstoppable this year, plus they got something out of the passing attack even without Koren. On D they seemed to improve even with injuries and loss of players. Simply just a maturation process for the team.

Mr. Reality said:
Looks like everyones sleeper since like 1998 finally made it.

Of that list they showed, at least some of the other teams had excuses. Jacksonville's only been in the league less than 2 decades, Detroit won NFL championships before the Super Bowl ever existed....

Bet they're glad not to be lumped with Arizona or New Orleans anymore.

Jaj said:
Well they've had the talent to do it for years now. This year they actually lost plenty of talent like Koren Robinson, Chad Brown, Anthony Simmons, Chris Terry, and Ken Lucas but they seemed to solidify themselves as a team. The running game just flat out was unstoppable this year, plus they got something out of the passing attack even without Koren. On D they seemed to improve even with injuries and loss of players. Simply just a maturation process for the team.

It was nice to see, too. I didn't want to see another #1 seed go down.

I wonder if the people who pre-ordered Broncos Super Bowl and Panther Super Bowl tees and hats will go through with their orders. I wonder if they allow that. It'd be pretty amusing to see someone walking around with one.

Seattle and Pittsburgh should be a good game. I don't hate these teams like I do the Patriots....I am gonna root for the Seahawks.

It's hard for me to decide who to root for.

I'm leaning towards Seattle but I really am a bigger fan of Roethlisberger by the day.

RobFins2005 said:
Of that list they showed, at least some of the other teams had excuses. Jacksonville's only been in the league less than 2 decades, Detroit won NFL championships before the Super Bowl ever existed....

Bet they're glad not to be lumped with Arizona or New Orleans anymore.

Nah I wasn't talking about any list. For as long as I can remember whenever I was talking football in the offseason with friends, someone would mention Seattle, as a possible SB sleeper. Heck in the 2004 offseason I actually thought they would be. Looks like I was a year early.

Mr. Reality said:
Nah I wasn't talking about any list. For as long as I can remember whenever I was talking football in the offseason with friends, someone would mention Seattle, as a possible SB sleeper. Heck in the 2004 offseason I actually thought they would be. Looks like I was a year early.

My post was sort of a separate thought there, not in related to your post.

As far as being a sleeper, I didn't really think they were Super Bowl ready the last few years, but I did think back in 2003 that they exited way too early. Matt got a little overexcited.

Back
Top Bottom