official - seattle/carolina game thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official - seattle/carolina game thread

Ok, I officially want to thank the people who chose the music tonight.

Eric B and Rakim? hell yea

Desslar said:
I'm not a fan, but that's my favorite tune of theirs. Don't know why it isn't on the greatest hits.

:chuckle: - that's why - but then i always thought most groups best songs were the ones that weren't the hits...

d-day said:
:chuckle: - that's why - but then i always thought most groups best songs were the ones that weren't the hits...

Well technically, if an album is called Greatest Hits, it should be the songs that charted the highest...since hit insinuates charting on the radio.

If you name it "Best of", then it should be the best tunes. But usually these are largely corporate pressured decisions anyway.

Greatest hits stink anyway. buy the studio albums!

RobFins2005 said:
Well technically, if an album is called Greatest Hits, it should be the songs that charted the highest...since hit insinuates charting on the radio.

If you name it "Best of", then it should be the best tunes. But usually these are largely corporate pressured decisions anyway.

best of pretty much always = the hits - but then like i said earlier, for me, it's always been about "the other" songs...

Me too. I generally hate greatest hits because I typically feel the albums themselves have the best material (the non-hits).

Like how on Queen's Night at the Opera, my favorite song is Prophet's Song...not Bohemian Rhapsody :)

Also keep in mind that Kitna's offense and the Bengals were ahead at halftime and not missing a beat.

Keep in mind Carson Palmer is the best QB in the NFL & Jon Kitna is about the 30th who had limited practice. Their offense died in the second half because of Kitna.

RobFins2005 said:

Fair enough, but inconvenient for us casual fans.

Nah, I just sort of like that tune and Man in the Box. Otherwise I can't stand grunge.

Wow, Jim Zorn! Haven't seen him in forever.

SMadison29 said:
Keep in mind Carson Palmer is the best QB in the NFL & Jon Kitna is about the 30th who had limited practice. Their offense died in the second half because of Kitna.

It might have had SOMETHING to do with the Steelers defense.

Kitna is a good quarterback. He is not on the level of Carson Palmer, but there's a reason the Bengals have had a huge interest in keeping him the last few years.

The game was still largely in the hands of the Bengals until the missed field goal, and that the Bengals defense collapsed, which I attribute to the Bengals demise a lot more than Kitna.

Even with Palmer, people were picking the Steelers beforehand. And I have a feeling they would have won. The Bengals defense was sievelike all afternoon, just like the first meeting earlier in the year.

RobFins2005 said:
It might have had SOMETHING to do with the Steelers defense.

Kitna is a good quarterback. He is not on the level of Carson Palmer, but there's a reason the Bengals have had a huge interest in keeping him the last few years.

The game was still largely in the hands of the Bengals until the missed field goal, and that the Bengals defense collapsed, which I attribute to the Bengals demise a lot more than Kitna.

Even with Palmer, people were picking the Steelers beforehand. And I have a feeling they would have won. The Bengals defense was sievelike all afternoon, just like the first meeting earlier in the year.

:shakeno: We disagree. In a shootout, like the final regular season game between the two, the Bengals would have won. The Steelers defense didn't play that well & Palmer would have eaten them up much like that first & only pass of his. Kitna's two 4th quarter ints near midfield lead to a defensive let down & the loss.

I can't watch this game anymore. It drives me batty when I watch a game in which a team gameplans to stop one guy (Steve Smith) and the other team can't adjust around that at all. In fact, until that lastTD, Carolina couldn't do anything offensively. Heck, they couldn't even Punt as I saw at least 2 that were piss poor. Why wouldn't a team have some ideas ready to go if their best player or players are stopped???? We saw this all of the time with NE (taking away the opponents best player) and we are seeing it now. This thinking is old hat yet no offense, including even the NFL's best like Indy, can adjust or even seems like they are ready for that.

SMadison29 said:
:shakeno: We disagree. In a shootout, like the final regular season game between the two, the Bengals would have won. The Steelers defense didn't play that well & Palmer would have eaten them up much like that first & only pass of his. Kitna's two 4th quarter ints near midfield lead to a defensive let down & the loss.

The reason I disagree with you is the Bengals hadn't looked like that team that beat Pittsburgh for awhile. They scraped by Cleveland, Smacked that mess in Detroit and lost to Buffalo and KC prior to the playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom