*** Official Seattle Seahawks @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** WK4 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Seattle Seahawks @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** WK4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell Wilson is great, but his o-line is not....and his defense is on a historically bad pace.

I’m not sure why so many on here view them as unbeatable at home.

I think an upset is very possible.

That's always been the thing with the Dolphins. You're never sure what you're going to get with them. There are games you think they have no shot and they end up winning or keeping it very respectable. Then there are those games they should win pretty easily and they end up struggling or outright losing.

This is one of those games where either trend wouldn't suprise you.

IMO, they just need to do two things to have a good chance of pulling the upset and i think playing Newton and Allen has helped alot with the 1st key

1) They need to contain Wilson by maintaing gap/line integrity. You can't crash on this guy..he's going to sneak right out the side door.
2) They can't give up the big play over top. This is one of those games, similiar to Jacksonville, where zone needs to be your friend. We don't have the horses in the secondary to keep up with Metcalf and Lockette. You know ala the Bills they're going to run those crossers and you better have an answer for that stuff.

We’ll see. Everybody loves an explosive offense but when the defense is pathetic the wins and loses eventually balance out. Winning shootouts every week is not sustainable.

That said I’m definitely starting Russell Wilson in fantasy today!!

With the whole football experience being azz-backwards these days from the Coronavirus, I'm just going to say -- Seahawks Seattle, Welcome to Rock Hard Stadium. Be warned ... there be Dolphins in them there waters!

May their ships be scuttled and break on the Hard Rocks.

Fins up!

With the whole football experience being azz-backwards these days from the Coronavirus, I'm just going to say -- Seahawks Seattle, Welcome to Rock Hard Stadium. Be warned ... there be Dolphins in them there waters!

May their ships be scuttled and break on the Hard Rocks.

Fins up!

59bffd76d652d.jpeg

My keys for each team based on what I've watched with both teams:

Seahawks keys to a win:

- Protecting Russell Wilson
- Running the ball & controlling the clock
- Defense containing Gaskin
- Stopping Gesicki on the outside routes
- Getting pressure with 4-man front

Dolphins keys to a win

- Keeping the play action relevant
- Keep Wilson off the field
- Attack the middle of the field often
- Contain Wilson on the ground
- Don't abandon the run game

Today will be all about T.O.P.

Slowing down the game.

If it turns into a shootout, the game could come down to special teams and the field position game late.

Keep your eyes on:

-Seattle run game: can Miami make Seattle one-dimensional and double Lockett?

-Miami pass rush: When we blitz, how does Miami mask and retain coverage over the top?

-The trenches: Seattle will blitz often to cover up their banged up secondary. Miami will be tested and dared to throw deep under pressure, knowing Fitz can't throw deep very well.

-Matt Breida torched the Seahawks while in SF. So we finally get to see that league-leading speed with the screen and hook route over the middle?

-Weather: It's always the humidity in Miami that gets to West Coast teams. In the fourth quarter, does the humidity wear out the Seahawks big men?

-Coaching: Carroll is experienced, yet always seems to take risks in games. Will the Fins capitalize on this when the time comes? Also, does Brian Flores get more aggressive on 4th down, in the red zone, to extend drives and score touchdowns?

My prediction is we'll either be losing by 21 at the end of the first half, and game over, or it will be a shootout and high scoring until one team gets a turnover late and makes it a two-possession game inside 5 minutes to go and wins by 3 on a game-saving turnover.

Let's go Fins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom