"Official" UFC 68 PPV thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Official" UFC 68 PPV thread

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like a solid card in my opinion.

Randy vs Tim. Gotta root for Randy but I think Tim will win.

Hughes vs Lyttle should be a no contest, Hughes wins easily

Franklin vs McDonald.....same as above Rich should win easily.

also Matt Hammil is on the card as well and I always enjoy watching him fight because of his takedowns

Can't say I'm all that excited for this one.

I REALLY can't wait to see CRO COP vs. Sylvia.

I'll pay the $40 just to see Tim get his skull crushed by that high left kick.

on paper, franklin and hughes should have easy nights, but Mcdonald was very impressive in his last outing...if im thinking of the right mcdonald...and lyttle is one of those guys who always fights everyone tough. i'd love nothing more than for randy to win in an upset, but i dont see it happenning. for the life of me, i cant figure out why the ufc had couture come out of retirement and take this fight.

I'm still smarting over Henderson (PRIDE welterweight and now middleweight champ) beating Wanderlei Silva... Just can't get that out of my mind!!

Oh, yes I too would like Randy to win, but Sylvia is just the kind of opponent that Randy has trouble with. I still think he should have stayed retired.

on paper, franklin and hughes should have easy nights, but Mcdonald was very impressive in his last outing...if im thinking of the right mcdonald...and lyttle is one of those guys who always fights everyone tough. i'd love nothing more than for randy to win in an upset, but i dont see it happenning. for the life of me, i cant figure out why the ufc had couture come out of retirement and take this fight.

Randy has name recognition, and drawing power, and there was no one else for Sylvia to fight (prior to the Cro Cop and Rampage signings).

they want to make the most money off of the fight when they do match up Cro Cop in a title fight. this helps buildup that future Cro Cop title fight because either Randy wins and fights Cro Cop as the champ, or Sylvia gets a huge win over a UFC legend to cement his status prior to fighting Cro Cop.

plus it allows Cro Cop to come in, get a few highlight reel knockouts in UFC for the fans who never saw him before, so they understand what he is capable of.

when Cro Cop faces the winner, it will draw bigger ppv numbers and dollars than a fight between him and Sylvia would at this point.

Randy has name recognition, and drawing power, and there was no one else for Sylvia to fight (prior to the Cro Cop and Rampage signings).

they want to make the most money off of the fight when they do match up Cro Cop in a title fight. this helps buildup that future Cro Cop title fight because either Randy wins and fights Cro Cop as the champ, or Sylvia gets a huge win over a UFC legend to cement his status prior to fighting Cro Cop.

plus it allows Cro Cop to come in, get a few highlight reel knockouts in UFC for the fans who never saw him before, so they understand what he is capable of.

when Cro Cop faces the winner, it will draw bigger ppv numbers and dollars than a fight between him and Sylvia would at this point.

Just a few hours away......lets go Randy!!

Just a few hours away......lets go Randy!!

Randy Couture is the greatest athlete that has ever lived.

Period!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Randy Couture is the greatest athlete that has ever lived.

Period!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!

so the beating he gave Sylvia was as bad as i read it was then. :D

for various reasons, i couldn't watch this live, and i really wanted to. the online round by round progress report made it sound as though he completely dominated Sylvia striking and on the ground. is that pretty much accurate Mike O?

i saw no big surprises in the Hughes or Franklin fights, but Sobral losing surprised me a bit.

so the beating he gave Sylvia was as bad as i read it was then. :D

for various reasons, i couldn't watch this live, and i really wanted to. the online round by round progress report made it sound as though he completely dominated Sylvia striking and on the ground. is that pretty much accurate Mike O?

i saw no big surprises in the Hughes or Franklin fights, but Sobral losing surprised me a bit.

The beating was worse than whatever you picture in your head. Total domination for 5 rounds!!! Sylvia maybe didn't land 1 meaningfull punch.,kick,takedown. Anything. Wasn't even a contest

The beating was worse than whatever you picture in your head. Total domination for 5 rounds!!! Sylvia maybe didn't land 1 meaningfull punch.,kick,takedown. Anything. Wasn't even a contest
What made it even better was the fact that Randy didn't have one advantage over Tim, except maybe experience. For all intents and purposes Randy should have had his a#@ handed to him. Tim 6-9, Randy 6-2. Tim 30, Randy 43. Tim 260, Randy 220. And on top of all that he had almost a Foot reach over Randy. It was one of the best matches I have ever seen.

I will never doubt Randy again. He is nothing short of incredible and inspiring. He toppled Vitor at his prime, he toppled Tito and Chuck when those guys were considered unbeatable, and didn't have the brass to fight eachother(mostly Titos fault)...he's the man...long live The Natural!

On side notes, Hughes had another boring fight against an underrated tough Lyddle...called that one. Mcdonald let me down though...thought he came out flat and got owned my Franklin. Very good night of fights although...whats up with only 4 or 5 fights...what about the prelims???

There's several guys Sylvia could've fought, like Brandon Vera or Frank Mir. Not to mention the fact that if Silvia did beat Couture, it wouldn't have cemented anything further for him. They tried to make an interesting main bout, with little regard for the fall out, and lucky for them, it made waves. Even still, now your former #1 heavyweight is out of the picture and got embarrased...Randy is the Heavy Weight champ, yet he is inferior to the ufc light heavy weight champ...dropping 2 of 3 contests to Liddel...the organization is a tad bit jumbled, and the heavy wieght division remains a bit of a mess. I appreciate your try, but I still dont get why the ufc made this fight. a guy who lost 2 straight attempts at the light hvy weight title, gets a heavy weight title shot? LOL....and the s.o.b. wins it! this divison is in all sorts of hell....but i love Randy.

plus, things move too slowly in mma, cro-cop wont get several fights or attempts to rack up highlight reel ko's...the sport doesn't work that way. this couture/sylvia fight doesnt allow anything for cro-cop..he probably gets the winner, and wont rack up anything.

Back
Top Bottom