**Official World Cup 2014 Thread** | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official World Cup 2014 Thread**

Who will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Brazil

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Germany

• Spain

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Colombia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

• Italy

• England

• Netherlands

• United States

• Other (explain below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know they're young and will probably fall apart eventually under the pressure but the team that's looked the best to me so far is Columbia. Front to back, maintaining possession, set pieces, great passing... I haven't seen every team but no one has impressed me like Columbia. If they get into a quarterfinal match against Brazil it'll be the match of the whole tournament, imo.

Just a little correction I see often, it's not Columbia, that's a district in the U.S.....it's Colombia, the country.:)

France in the quarterfinal surely isn't as favorable as the winner of Costa Rica/Greece, no?

I do agree that France is the tougher matchup for Germany. But Costa Rica is no slouch. I saw them through the qualification and they actually should have won that. Costa Rica will surprise a lot of teams and fans. The talk prior to the World Cup was that maybe Belgium would be the cinderella team going deep but I think we could replace that with Costa Rica.

We are happy to have survived the group of death but what Costa Rica has done puts everything in perspective: beating Italy and Uruguay and sending England home winless. I don't even think anybody gave them a chance for a point.

True. Even though Costa Rica is a bit of a wildcard. No one would of ever believed they would of won that group. I just don't see Germany losing to France.

The thing I always maintained was that CONCOCAF would perform well because of how ****ty most of the areas in the region are. PLaying in places like Azteca, Saprissa, Honduras, Kingston, and Antigua prepare those teams for some of the rough conditions they'll face in the World Cup. Still, never thought we'd get 3 teams through.

I'm okay with the Belgium matchup even though they killed us in a friendly last year. Big differences as you have guys more integrated into the squad, guys in better form, and no Benteke. Still a tough matchup

I know they're young and will probably fall apart eventually under the pressure but the team that's looked the best to me so far is Columbia. Front to back, maintaining possession, set pieces, great passing... I haven't seen every team but no one has impressed me like Columbia. If they get into a quarterfinal match against Brazil it'll be the match of the whole tournament, imo.

James Rodriguez has made himself a lot of money. Yeah he just moved to AS Monaco, but they've run into money issues and are probably going to sell him and Falcao if a good offer comes.

Ha! Was thinking of making some WWII reference in terms of France surrendering as soon as Germany blitzed the field but wasn't sure how well it would go over.

Could have made a WWI reference instead. Problem with that is most people -- if they are even aware there was such a thing as WWI -- probably think it was a pilot for WWII that never aired.

By the way, here's a list of the teams remaining in the World Cup by goal differential.

S7COS07-1.png

WOW!!! Just some Absolutely Fabulous matches, with Fantastic Finishes, in the round of 16 so far. Has to change the minds of some that the lack of scoring is boring. I cannot recall a better World Cup.

6 round of 16 matches, 6 group winners advance to the Quarterfinals. Hopefully that streak ends today.

Fun fact... Manchester United had a chance to sign James Rodriguez when he was a teenager. They instead decided to sign Bebe

Back
Top Bottom