Officially Confirmed: Rex Ryan Neutered! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Officially Confirmed: Rex Ryan Neutered!

Oh man, I remember that SAR guy from Jets Insider. Is that the same dude? Holy **** what a turnaround for him. :sidelol:

He went from being the biggest Jets homer in the universe to being that board's equivalent of dlockz.

Rex will make some team a fine D coordinator. He's good at that and in that position he'll stay out of the press to a large extent and probably keep quiet and do his job. Probably not but one can hope :chuckle:

Maybe Tony will give him a job in Oakland :callme:

If you want to hear the actual interview which leaves no doubt that as Michael Kay inferred, Rex has less autonomy to pull Geno than does a major league BB a failing pitcher, link here and then go to Sound Bites in the middle of the page and link on the Rex interview audio.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/show?showId=TMKS

Yes it is odd , he is also usually a lock for posting in the power rankings threads but for some odd reason steered clear of posting in the blues clues discussion. I guess Vaark should have added Tannehill to his OP somehow and maybe we would have been blessed with his superior postings.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?358356-NFL-com-Power-Ranking/page2

good thinking. consider yourself promoted to "Super Mod"!!

PS: After being accused of being a whiner for essentially being a "truther" on info that some would just rather never see the light of FH day ( go figure :idk:) I have posted this 2 other related threads (so far) lest anyone miss it... and plan to get as much mileage out of it as I did when posting the Westhoff... "he never drove the bus" article. :up: Go listen to the actual interview ... Kay is incredulous that he doesn't have the same autonomous power to pull a failing QB that every major league BB manager has to yank a failing pitcher.

Gary Myers:
"I swear, it's time for NY Jets coach Rex Ryan to bench Geno Smith
It’s one thing for Smith to continually attribute his bad mistakes to inexperience,but now it’s a learning experience to not say “F--- you” to a fan? The Jets are enabling him on the field just like they enabled Mark Sanchez."

Guess Myers didn't catch the Michael Kaye ESPN interview where Rex confirmed it was a joint decision, not his unilaterally :idk:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...h-rex-ryan-bench-geno-smith-article-1.1956257
excerpted:
Ryan, a veteran at cursing out Jets fans, was walking toward a stadium exit wearing sunglasses and a blank look with his wife by his side about 40 minutes after Smith heard something he didn’t like from the stands, looked up, and shouted “F--- you,” to a fan giving him a hard time following the Jets’ third straight loss.

Smith played miserably in the clutch again – two fourth-quarter turnovers in the 24-17 loss to the Lions — but the ultra-loyal and stubborn Ryan said Smith will start Sunday in San Diego. The big news after the game was Smith cursing, caught on CBS 2 video.

Taking on the fans is a fight an athlete can never win, especially in New York. Word of Smith’s tirade had not spread when Ryan held his postgame news conference, so he was not asked about it. After I viewed the video a few minutes later, I saw Ryan coming out of the locker room. Clearly his reaction was essential, except Ryan, who likes to say he avoids no issue, was not such a stand-up guy. Maybe the pressure of fighting for his job for the second straight season with a flawed roster, thanks to GM John Idzik, is getting to him, too. The 1-3 record is the Jets’ worst through four games since Ryan arrived in 2009.

As Ryan began the long walk down a hallway to the exit near where his car was parked, I attempted to ask him what he thought of Smith’s mini-tirade. He had Bruce Speight of the Jets’ PR staff running interference and Speight decided Ryan would not speak to the media again until Monday. Finally, as he was about to open the glass doors to leave MetLife after he emerged from behind a dark curtain, I said, “Rex, how do you feel about your quarterback cursing out the fans?”

Total silence.

He continued to look straight ahead. He didn’t flinch. No response. That’s the first time that’s happened in six years.

Thanks, Rex.

His quarterback, a long way from becoming the face of the franchise, is destroying the season. He has seven turnovers in four games and unless Ryan has been assured by Woody Johnson he will be back in 2015 even if he makes it four straight years without the playoffs, then Smith is in the process of getting him fired.

Smith said he “kind of let my temper get the best of me in that situation.” Then he said, “It’s part of my learning process.”

Oh, please.

It’s one thing for Smith to continually attribute his bad mistakes to inexperience – Jets fans are so sick of this after hearing it from Mark Sanchez for four years – but now it’s a learning experience to not say “F--- you” to a fan? The Jets are enabling him on the field just like they enabled Sanchez, but at least Sanchez had the good sense not to curse out the fans, even if Ryan set the standard for him. At halftime of a tough loss to the Patriots in 2011, and just after the Jets had mangled a timeout, Ryan walked up the tunnel to the locker room. He was in a bad mood.

“Hey Rex, Belichick is better than you,” one fan shouted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex has been fulfilling a lot of people's prophecies about him; He's become a real scumbag.

Rex's whole act works great when things are going well, but when things go south it's hard to pull people out of the gutter with the bravado act.

The other issue (and I don't know how much say Rex has in personnel) is that the team consistently got worse at the skills positions on offense, and even if they have drafted some good defensive players, they consistently ignored offense in the draft early.

so as another partisan jets fan, do you also dismiss the interview where Rex, out of his own mouth (and certainly counter to his own self image) declared that he's not allowed to yank Smith without it being a group consensus decision as being unbelievable because "they always says stuff like that which isn't true" (or something to that effect) and that Rex has the unilateral power to bench Smith during the game or as the starter?

One thing you can count on is if the Jets get blown out sunday, it's gonna be a dumpster fire in NY...the LOL thread will explode!:hi5:

not that this needs to be said but some people need it in print to believe it:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN · 14m14 minutes ago
Rex Ryan says he makes all in-game decisions re: who plays or gets benched

not that this needs to be said but some people need it in print to believe it:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN · 14m14 minutes ago
Rex Ryan says he makes all in-game decisions re: who plays or gets benched

Aren't you the one who was asking whether I believe everything I read? The answer is no..and neither should you! Even if it's a core belief you desperately want to cling to although it defies logic. But I do believe what I hear with my own ears from the horse's mouth, so where's the audio? Let's hear his version of "I did not have sex with that woman."

Kaye gave him at least 3 or 4 opportunities to clarify what he said live , actually mocked him that he didn't have even the authority of a major league manager going out to yank his pitcher and in real time, Rex actually told him he's not going there so don't waste his breath and move on. Sure, after ESPN and the media blew this up, someone went to Rex, maybe even Itzdick or Michelle (or whomever she's ****ing) and told him he should have lied in the first place because he comes off as even more impotently pathetic....and to go find a reporter to whom he can lie like he should have stayed in buffoonish character and done originally...after taking time to figure out just what to say.

bridgeforsale-1.png

Back
Top Bottom