OG Brandon Thomas - Clemson, Tears ACL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG Brandon Thomas - Clemson, Tears ACL

MRojas4

The Cheese Connoisseur
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/clemson-draft-prospect-brandon-thomas-tears-acl/

Tough break for the kid.

I know many expected Fins to give him a look in the 2nd/3rd round.

Wonder how far he drops now, or if someone will take a "Willis McGahee" type risk with him.

Does anyone know if insurance applies to this?

I've always wondered what happens if someone comes in for a work out and gets injured during the workout. Do teams have insurance policies covering this? Or is it on the player?

Similar to Beanie Wells, tore his ACL during a workout with the Ravens.

depending on how far he falls grab him late, and ir him for the year. Horrible news for a young man this close to achieving his dream

Damn it, could play along the line like Martin. Wanted him in the 2nd.

Damn, I wanted him in the the 3rd round.... Change of plans.

da beards gonna cry alligator tears...at least i no longer have to worry about us drafting him to play a starting right tackle

sucks for the kid

Last edited by a moderator:
a guy that big? Not worth the risk, you can pick up him as a FA.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/clemson-draft-prospect-brandon-thomas-tears-acl/

Tough break for the kid.

I know many expected Fins to give him a look in the 2nd/3rd round.

Wonder how far he drops now, or if someone will take a "Willis McGahee" type risk with him.

Does anyone know if insurance applies to this?

I've always wondered what happens if someone comes in for a work out and gets injured during the workout. Do teams have insurance policies covering this? Or is it on the player?

Similar to Beanie Wells, tore his ACL during a workout with the Ravens.

I say draft Thomas, sit him for a year on IR and then go sign yourself a 32-year guard who only has a year or so left in the tank (like Evan Mathis), but has starting experience and can handle the job this year if needed.

still would be a grat pick.... but sadly not for the phins. need immediate impact and he will need the year to heal. My bet he goes to a team with no imminent issues on the OL and will be a starter next season.

What a bummer and a shame. I'd be for drafting him late and stashing him for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good example of why clowney decided to take the year off

I think we have enough bad luck with the drafting and signing of players with major injuries. Fit, he would have been strongly considered in our 2nd round, but not now. I don't think we can afford to pick an injured player....

I don't know if draft prospects have insurance (I would guess yes since many are able to get unsecured loans based on the their projected pay of an NFL contract - if you can get a loan you can get insurance), but I do know for sure that NFL teams and NFL players have insurance on contracts. Both parties have injury insurance on contracts.

Back
Top Bottom