OG R. Brown : On The Bubble.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG R. Brown : On The Bubble....

HOWEVER,

he's probably better than the two guys we've got inthat spot right now. Apparently we've got a big hole at RG. Jerman and Whitley are underperforming.

We should have gone hard after Pete Kendall and signed him, but we didn't. Grrrr.

We have to get someone in there who's competant. All the talk about the loss of Boston and Williams is moot anyway if our OLine sucks.

Get a good player in there and our line has a chance to be good. Put a stiff there and we're in trouble. And moving Carey inside insn't the answer either. The kid needs to work exclusively at the tackle spot.

I hope a good guard or two will be released in the cut downs soon. Also, we should look hard at the big guys - Nails and Brown. Of course there is a reason why neither have been picked up so far, but at least we know they've done it before. How does it hurt to bring in both guys and let them compete?

as a bills fan I couldn't agree more with the above poster........WAY overrated!!!!

He has been extremely over-rated. If we bring him in, it better be cheap. Even then he has to EARN the starting spot. Do NOT just give it to him. If it is open competition, then go for it and let the best man win. We could always cut him after that.

miamirw said:
HOWEVER,

he's probably better than the two guys we've got inthat spot right now. Apparently we've got a big hole at RG. Jerman and Whitley are underperforming.

We should have gone hard after Pete Kendall and signed him, but we didn't. Grrrr.

We have to get someone in there who's competant. All the talk about the loss of Boston and Williams is moot anyway if our OLine sucks.

Get a good player in there and our line has a chance to be good. Put a stiff there and we're in trouble. And moving Carey inside insn't the answer either. The kid needs to work exclusively at the tackle spot.

I hope a good guard or two will be released in the cut downs soon. Also, we should look hard at the big guys - Nails and Brown. Of course there is a reason why neither have been picked up so far, but at least we know they've done it before. How does it hurt to bring in both guys and let them compete?
Why wouldn't Carey be good at RG?

Dolphan7 said:
Why wouldn't Carey be good at RG?

He would be a very good RG. IMO, the veteran player he compares the most to is Larry Allen who came into the league as a ORT and moved to guard after a year or so and has been the best guard over the past 8 years or so all in all.
I think Carey would be a solid RT, but could be a Pro Bowl RG in a couple of years. Dave Wannstedt has said that John St. Clair has been one of the pleasant surprises of camp so far, at RT, and the top two RGs have been disappointing, so in a week or so, Carey could get moved to RG, so that the five best OL are the starting unit.

As for Ruben Brown, many people just figured he'd be a starter in Chicago, but they already have two incumbent guards in Rex Tucker and Mike Gandy that are very good and much younger. It would have been a shock for him to beat out either of those guys if all are healthy. He could provide solid veteran depth if he wants to work hard and dedicate himself, but that is a big IF.

Ruben Brown is very overrated. He did not deserve to go to the Pro Bowl the past few years. I wouldn't want him in Miami.

i would take him, isn´t he a natural RG ? i think he played LG the last couple of years with the bills, but he has to get cut first, to have a conversation about him, but i would bring him in at least for a workout, if he indeed gets cut, if he can´t beat out whitley and german then he should retire

no expert knowledge here. I was just basing that comment on Carey as a Junior (when he played tackle) and Carey as a Senior (when he played Guard). Seemed like a dominant tackle and a very good guard.

Could be wrong though. I didn't follow the Canes that close.

Can any Cane fane clarify?

Please sign him!!! His 5 holding penalties will be a bonus to running through his turnstile all game.

In Buffalo, whenever we busted out a big run and there was a flag, you could speak right along with the ref: "Holding, number 79, offense, 10 yds and repeat the down"

He is overated but he isn't fat. Last year he was down to 295 pounds which IMO hurt him.

Back
Top Bottom