Ogun contract not imminent/Reason why that can change today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun contract not imminent/Reason why that can change today

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ogunleye absent

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said unsigned defensive end Adewale Ogunleye won't be at camp today and a deal is not imminent.

"All I can tell you is I'm optimistic because of the confidence I have in the Dolphins' organization," Rosenhaus said. "But really, we haven't had any real extensive negotiations over a period of time. We've had conversations but not negotiations."

Now, here is the reason why I believe today negotiations will really heat up and make the deal done in the next couple days:

Ricky's money freed

Tailback Ricky Williams, who has told coach Dave Wannstedt that he is retiring, was placed on the reserve/did not report list. The move frees $3.74 million in Williams' salary that was going to count against this year's salary cap.

Now we officially have the money to sign Ogun.

If Ogun is resigned then wont his contract take away from what we can offer a FA RB like Edge at the end of the year?

spydertl79 said:
If Ogun is resigned then wont his contract take away from what we can offer a FA RB like Edge at the end of the year?

no, because we'll be over as usual and after redoing contracts and cutting players who didnt work out, we'll have the cap space if we want the player, plus the cap will be higher next year which automatically gives a little more space.

Yes, BUT lets remember our situation before this season. We were about $17 million over the cap(I think, not sure, but I know it was pretty high) and right now we are about $9 million under(well, not it is like $6 million with all the rookies that signed today). Things can get done after the season so we can sign Edge and keep Ogun.

It will be patrick surtains turn next time around (redo contract)and also will timbo be here next year? seau?

I don't see Spielman setting plans now to sign Edgerrin James. First he's gotta do something about O-Gun. Then he HAS to do something with Chambers. Then, assuming McMichael has a good-great year he'll have to move on McMichael. I think the guys we see through training camp at RB will be the guys we see through the year at RB. I don't expect any drastic changes (I'd like to see Robert Edwards get a try, but I wouldn't anticipate Edwards exciting anyone). We go through the year with what we got and evaluate RB/QB/O-line/WR at years end (IF Spielman is even here at the end of this year).

What if Minor Goes Off And Runs For 13-1500 Yards???? It seems as though EVERYONE is ruling out this possibility, but Minor is VERY Quick/Fast And the Same Frame As Say...... Clinton Portis. Well lets just see what Minor can Do before we think about next season....... Maybe MIAMI won't be looking for another RB next year after Minor Tears It Up This Year!!!!

I agree no one knows what will happen with edge this year. Although he wants to play in Miami I think it will all come down to how the RBs produce this year. If our RBs produce this year than we will probably use the extra money somewhere else. I also agree that this could be Timbo and Seaus last year and that should free up more money.

finfan54 said:
It will be patrick surtains turn next time around (redo contract)and also will timbo be here next year? seau?
Havent we been over this well over 100 times:shakeno: ?

Anyways, while im here.. TimBo will most likey retire, and i say its about 50/50 with Seau. Hes said he wants to play again, but it will most likley come down to if he stays relativley injury free, and if his production doesnt drop. Soon well have to start thinking about giving Moore a chance to take over. Theres a coupple more to add to your list of people POSSIBLY not here next year which would be Madison and Fiedler. If Feeley and Poole/Howard show they can b full time solid replacementss for there respective veterans i would expect to see them gone without a big paycut considering Fideler especially has a big check every year.

Man like I said before until he is on the field in a Fins uniform against the Titans, I will be skeptical. What if another team loses a DE to an injury in camp for the year? They may be willing to do a lot for OGUN. Things happen.

Back
Top Bottom