Ogun Or Bowens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun Or Bowens

catapano

get out da way
Reaction score
QUESTION TO ALL.. WE ALL KNOW OGUN. IS LOOKING FOR SOMTHING LIKE 50MIL TO PLAY WITH MIAMI, IN MY OPINION HE IS OBVIOUSLY A GREAT PLAYER AT HIS POSITION AND ALSO A GREAT GUY BUT I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF WOULD HE BE AS EFFECTIVE WITHOUT JT ON THE OTHER SIDE I THINK HE WILL STILL BE A GREAT PLAYER BUT 15 SACKS? IM NOT SURE. NEXT QUESTION HOW EFFECTIVE WILL DAVID BOWENS BE IF HE REPLACES OGUN I THINK BOWENS IS ALSO A GREAT PLAYER AND WE HAVE ALL SEEN HIM MAKE GREAT PLAYS AND CAN HE BE AS EFFECTIVE AS OGUN WAS LAST YEAR I ACTUALLY THINK IT WOULD BE CLOSE AND YHE LAST PART:HAVING BOWENS AS OGUNS BACKUP HOW MUCH CAN WE REALLY AFFORED TO PAY OGUN? :confused:

no offence or anything, but seriously 1/2 of the current threads are topics that have already been discussed 10x over...why must people continue to post the same thing over and over?

I say sign CC first then worry about Ogun I think Bowens will be fine.Don't get me wrong I want Ogun back as soon as we can get him back,but at what cost?

D Bo c/b a solid #2 DE if he can stay on the field; and that is something he has rarely done

hunter5nc1 said:
I say sign CC first then worry about Ogun I think Bowens will be fine.Don't get me wrong I want Ogun back as soon as we can get him back,but at what cost?

Hey man, you stole my thoughts.

catapano said:
QUESTION TO ALL.. WE ALL KNOW OGUN. IS LOOKING FOR SOMTHING LIKE 50MIL TO PLAY WITH MIAMI, IN MY OPINION HE IS OBVIOUSLY A GREAT PLAYER AT HIS POSITION AND ALSO A GREAT GUY BUT I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF WOULD HE BE AS EFFECTIVE WITHOUT JT ON THE OTHER SIDE I THINK HE WILL STILL BE A GREAT PLAYER BUT 15 SACKS? IM NOT SURE. NEXT QUESTION HOW EFFECTIVE WILL DAVID BOWENS BE IF HE REPLACES OGUN I THINK BOWENS IS ALSO A GREAT PLAYER AND WE HAVE ALL SEEN HIM MAKE GREAT PLAYS AND CAN HE BE AS EFFECTIVE AS OGUN WAS LAST YEAR I ACTUALLY THINK IT WOULD BE CLOSE AND YHE LAST PART:HAVING BOWENS AS OGUNS BACKUP HOW MUCH CAN WE REALLY AFFORED TO PAY OGUN? :confused:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Ogun clearly played the best last season and thats why he's the 2004 mvp. The tales of JT helping Ogun out are quite crude. If that were to be true then we would still have Kenny Mixon playing for us.

We need Wayla that is simple. We need a pass rush with the style D we play. Our corners can not cover all day w/o it. Sam has lost a step and we need Ogun more this year than ever. Bowens will be in the rotation and a big factor, buy Wayla and JT are the keys!

Phinman said:
We need Wayla that is simple. We need a pass rush with the style D we play. Our corners can not cover all day w/o it. Sam has lost a step and we need Ogun more this year than ever. Bowens will be in the rotation and a big factor, buy Wayla and JT are the keys!

stop regurgitating what everyone else has said and realize in a perfect world, sure it would be nice to have Ogun, and CC, and RandyM and everyone else, but its not. you have to make sacrifices. what the hell is the point of having 2 great DE's and giving up basically 2/3rd of your passing attack?

too bad this is not a perfect world. Miami needs to cut its losses. Sign two good players, or one? easy choice.

dolfanreal69 said:
too bad this is not a perfect world. Miami needs to cut its losses. Sign two good players, or one? easy choice.

Thats the way I look at it. Chambers and McMike are both on the verge of becoming elites at their respective positions (and teaming with D-Bo to give the fins a solid talent core on offense). I'd MUCH rather keep them both than throw 7mil at ogun (which, at that price, I liken to lighting a wad of bills on fire and stomping on them).

Atila said:
no offence or anything, but seriously 1/2 of the current threads are topics that have already been discussed 10x over...why must people continue to post the same thing over and over?

Maybe he didn't read any of the threads discussing this issue genius. Get over it, no one is holding a gun to your head telling you to read this thread (I hope) :lol:

Anyways, I think Bowens will do fine. I think Ogun is a fine DE. I wonder what Drew Loserhaus is filling this man's head with, because what Ogun is doing is completely foolish.

Regardless, I don't think Bowens will come in and get 15 sacks. But I do think he will do an ok job, getting maybe half that with about 8 sacks on the year.

Back
Top Bottom