Ogunleye still holding out hope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye still holding out hope

85053361472-1.jpg

What a coincidence. This is exactly what I look like when I run. Only without the nice form and chiseled body.

Good article. I want him in there ASAP. He deserves to get paid.

He sounds like a fine guy and all, but we need him! I don't care what has to be done, we need him to practice in training camp and help our team. Something, anything has to be done.

SmokeyPhinz said:
He sounds like a fine guy and all, but we need him! I don't care what has to be done, we need him to practice in training camp and help our team. Something, anything has to be done.

Relax, he'll be here. I would be shocked if he's not in uniform week 1.

phunwin said:
Here's another one on the contracts they're discussing:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9221776.htm
this is the key comparison

*DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Green Bay: 7 years, $37.3 million. Includes $11 million signing bonus and more than $13 million guaranteed in the first three years.

*-Signed as a restricted free agent.

KGB is a perfect comparison to OGun and a RFA. If OGun is asking for any more than that he is out of line and needs to wait for UFA; and if the Phins are offering substantively less than that they might as well start trying to get a 1 year deal done

39, that contract looks expensive for the fins...

Having 2 elite DE's may be a luxury we cannot afford. One thing is certain, Wale plays the run and pass very well. If he can be accommodated I'm sure he will.

Question about the packers DE, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, anyone know if he threatened holdout? Is he the premier DE on the team or the 2nd guy? RS probably has to take that into consideration.

Maybe Pat Surtain will re-structure to give us some more wiggle space. Maybe Chris Chambers has to wait for his pay day at the risk to us of it being higher if he has a pro-bowl year (you have to say with the question marks we have about O-line and QB position it might be worth taking that risk).

Just checked pac depth chart...

seems to me Kabeer's the premier DE and also a RDE rather than LDE which might indicate that he plays the more glamourous position. I'd expect Wale to be offered less but I guess it's all about where the line is drawn for the win-win that everyone's looking for..

GazPhin said:
seems to me Kabeer's the premier DE and also a RDE rather than LDE which might indicate that he plays the more glamourous position. I'd expect Wale to be offered less but I guess it's all about where the line is drawn for the win-win that everyone's looking for..
Yes, he is there JT with less impressive stats than OGun

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187542

I agree the price the Pack paid KGB is out of our range this year, but it is close to what OGun is worth. I hope he signs a 1 year deal soon

Did I hear right that the problem for the deal not getting done was for guaranteed money and signing bonus?

jesusfreak26 said:
Did I hear right that the problem for the deal not getting done was for guaranteed money and signing bonus?
yup, Wale doesnt even care tht much about his yearly salery. He jus wants a big bonus. Somewhere around 10-12 million i believe.

I'm still not convinced that signing this guy is what's best for the team. I don't know what JT is being paid right now, but does Ogun want more than JT? If he does then he's crazy. Having said that, I think we should sign this guy, but not at the expense of Chris Chambers. I would rather have Chambers on this team for 5 more years than Ogun if that's what it comes down to. The fact that Rick and the front office haven't caved to his demands yet tell me that he's probably going to be the one to change his demands, not us. It still pisses me off that Rosenhaus is probabaly the one whispering in his ear and the one who started this whole situation.

Ogunleye needs to get his head on straight. I agree he deserves a substantial pay raise in accordance with the marketplace, but what he wants and the realistic what he will get are 2 different things. In my mind the money he will get could have been better served being used on the offense, and for all his stats, the defense won't be much different without him.

Back
Top Bottom