Ogun's contract... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun's contract...

Oboy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I still do not see where Drew Rosenbutt (Ogun's agent) can get away with asking for so much $. If he was really that good and would generate that much interest as a FA, then why is NO team willing to even give a first round pick for him? I am sorry, but it makes NO sense. It is Economics 101... supply vs demand. If he was really that good, every team would want him ('demand is real high'). Obviously IF he was that good there would not be many like him (thus 'supply is low') then I could see him garnishing that kind of contract.

NEWS FLASH... no team wants him that bad Drew! Some one needs to tell Ogun to ask his agent how the career of Erick Rhett is doing. You know the RB that Drew told to hold out because he was better than the offer TB was giving him... Oh yeah, the one that is OUT of football.

All that being said I would love Ogun to stay a phin and eventually replace JT (like is 4 years), but not for the $$$ he is asking for. That would just put this team into even worst cap position. That is just my two cents.

Everyone knows that DR is a complete A-Hole. But your statements are sort of contadicting. In one breath you say Wale is not worth the money he wants, but @ the end you say you hope he stays with the Fins and eventually replaces Taylor. Obviously if you want him to replace Taylor, he must have quite a bit of talent. What is the age difference between Taylor and Wale?

To me, Ogun seems to have a really inflated view of himself. Here he is whining with his agent that he deserves JT or Kearse type money, even after every team in the league passed on a chance to acquire him. That should tell him that he definately isnt worth that type of cash. I'd like to keep him, but if hes gonna whine and hold out b/c he and Rosenbutt (lol, Oboy...nice one) are still convinced hes the best thing to ever happen to the DE position and expect to be paid that way, he can sit his *** on the bench for all I care.

Ogun is hurting himself every day he isn't in camp. Say the coaches really like what david bowens and jay williams and the young DE's bring to the table and then they decide ogun is expendable. Then what does he do. He'd be screwed. I really liked this guy last year, especially after the piece they did about him before the dallas game, but now I could care less about him, just another greedy athlete (I'll probably catch heat for that). He is out of his mind if he thinks he deserves more money than JT.

Rosenbutt...I like it...

Ogun is one of the better DEs in the league, but not in the same class as Kearse or JT or even Freeney. One reason that he doesn't deserve their money is that he is a RDE, not a LDE...Part of the reason he did not get too many offers is because he and Rosenbutt opened their mouths up real wide about wanting Kearse and Wistrom type money, without giving a thought that if a team wanted him off the RFA list, they would have to give up high round draft picks AND high salary. There is also another reason--the lack of success of previous DEs that have left the Fins in FA. (Bromell, Mixon, even Armstrong). I think many teams do see a great part of his success as a result of JT on the other side... I don't completely agree with that, but I think it is a viable reason for the lack of interest shown to Ogun.

Ogun deserves to get money in the second tier of DEs because that is where his talent is. If he played at LDE and produced as well, then he can talk about JT, Kearse, and Wistrom (although we all know that Wistrom was waaaaay overpaid) money.

Back
Top Bottom