Oh no not a John Beck / Henne thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by chumbucket, Aug 26, 2011.

1. chumbucket

chumbucket Banned Hammered

I was listening to fox radio tonight tony bruno into the night. he was raving on how well John Beck is doing? Any of you guys see anything I'm missing? Is there a difference between Henne and Beck or is it just the curse of the dolphins that when players leave here they do better elsewhere.

2. Csonka39

Csonka39 Starter

Beck

hea yea i saw his first drive tonight.
    dam that football camp, he went to with breez this summer payed off, he looked like joe Montana driveing the ball for his first TD.
    wow what a change from 3 years ago when he was a rookie on a 1 and 15 team.
    i wish him well he was a great guy we picked at the wrong time, no time for hime to learn
    cam just threw him to the wolves when green went down. was green the QB i forget mabe its the curse!!

3. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

he is 30.. its either now or never

4. Cutthroat

Cutthroat Scout Team

Beck was better than most people here ever gave him credit for. While here, he never received a fair shake with any sort of supporting cast. I have always expected him to achieve some level of success. I don't necessarily mean Pro Bowl, but I always sensed he could be a solid starter.

I could be wrong, but it seems he might finally be on his way.

5. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

saw the beck game was a great game to watch because other dolphin possibilitys were showcased..
    beck 1st drive was an interception on a deep ball beck then came back really sharp and hit receivers in stride he looks like he figuring it out finally

Former dolphin draft pick parmelle fumbled the other raven
    anthony allen 7th round pick runs with authority impressed though he dropped a sure handed game winning pass from who of all people? Tyrod taylor
    the game looked over at that point ravens d causes 3 and out ravens get a nice return and tyrod taylor leads thm on another game winning drive..
    Ray lewis thinks Tyrod was the steal of the draft..harbaugh and cam feel comfortable for the rook to be the # 2 this year..

6. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

He's losing the QB competition to Gross Rexman

7. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I got bashed by WV and his gang for saying Beck wasn't as bad as what we are seeing because of what was around him. The same crew was doing the same to Henne. Hopefully both prove them wrong. I give John Beck credit, he could have pulled a Pat White and just quit when things didn't go his way. Now he is in contention to be a starter in the NFL. Not bad for a "scrub with no talent"!

8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

John Beck still blows. Not that the Redskins mind, he's going to lead them to Andrew Luck. Which I'm guessing has been the plan all along...

9. calmrage

calmrage Calmrage A.K.A. Jay Lawrence

Hopefully some on this board will learn a lesson before we ship off another QB.

10. jlfin

jlfin old pro

What's even funnier is that some people on this site were saying he wasn't even good enough for the CFL or arena league. I never understood why some of the criticism reached such a personal level. I think some of it has to with some anti-mormon religious bigotry.

11. jlfin

jlfin old pro

As of now your post sounds childish and foolish. Based on the way he's played this preseason you have nothing to back up your insightful critique (sarcasm).

12. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't think it is that man. I think some people on here think they are NFL talent scouts. Certain people weren't drafted or signed the way they wanted, so they bash the easiest position to bash not taking in to consideration all the surrounding pieces or plans. Then they would rather be right on a web site, so they can come on here a bash and say I told you so and actually root against people on the team they are supposedly a fan of. It is funny and pathetic at the same time.

13. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I don't think so. This was a Parcells decision. In 2008 we had Pennington, Henne and Beck as the #3. There were even reports how both Henne and Beck were learning a lot from Pennington. There was absolutely zero need to draft another QB. But they just couldn't resist Pat White. They (Parcells and Henning) saw it as the next extension of the wildcat, which at that stage had way exceeded expectations) with Pat White theoretically capable of running and throwing long.
    Beck is a mormon from BYU, who had an outstanding college career, but from what I understand his passion is football and is more low key about his beliefs and was never a divisive guy in the lockerroom. Good luck to him if the Redskins give him the chance to be their starting QB. Very few head coaches would have given him the opportunity.

14. phinking

phinking A True Fan

I must confess, I gave up on him after that buffalo game when he bobbled the snap right into Nate clements hand who ran it in for the touchdown. I know he was only a rookie but that's football 101. Handle the damn snap.

15. hooserdaddy

hooserdaddy FinHeaven VIP

This is now Becks fifth year, and I did actually see all of the game. He threw one very nice pass than most of his passes were short slant passes that the WR got a lot of YAC on. I wouldn't say his performance was anything to write home about including the interception that he threw. Henne would be being bashed for the exact same performance. Beck did improve since he was with the Dolphins and he has gotten his fumbling issues under control 5 years later. that I think about it thought I don't recall him having fumbling issues until it got to the regular season so I guess we'll see soon enough.

16. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

If Beck is so good why the hell can't he firmly beat Rex Grossman for the starter's gig?

17. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Maybe it's me but I have no clue what you are saying here..... John Becks first pass was a deep ball perfectly thrown to HIS receiver (Armstrong) for a 33yd gain.

18. Shouright

Shouright Banned Hammered

Don't forget that John Beck is already 30 years old.

19. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

Beck looked fine last night. Good for him, always thought we gave up on him way too fast. Everybody knows if a QB doesn't do it his first year or 2, he will never amount to anything in this league right? =)

20. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

Nobody could have played behind that line.

21. where's th'fish

where's th'fish Scout Team Donator

The curse is judging players without giving them time to develop. Not just judging, but piling on them. With a vengeance. It happened to Beck and now to Henne. It puts enormous comercial pressure (via the owner) for the team to cut bait.

There's no guarantee players will pan out, of course, but you can't find out unless you're patient with them.

22. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

If John Beck has a good year this year and Henne continues to flounder, I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'll have a strong desire to off myself.
    That being said, I think when the Parcells regime took over they brought in their own guy and never gave Beck a chance at all.

23. satz

satz Seasoned Veteran

Most NFL qb`s are developed. even the good ones. Miami plan so far is keep drafting them and hoping with no good development that they can play.

that is just a dumb plannning. its does not matter how many qb`s are drafted , unless some plan is implemented to develop them the story will be the same.

24. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

If any of you think Chad Henne needs weapons and a running game to be succesful John Beck would need that and more...And right he is getting it..Shanny is a genius when it comes to running the ball...Most of the throws I have seen John Making are into the flat...which was wide open..Teams are going to get film on John then we are going to see how good he is....Not saying Henne is better but John Beck has proved nothing..I do agree he did not get a fair shake from this organization.

25. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

Beck was 1 of 3 for 33 yards against baltimore's first string. Those are NOT stats to be wowed by.

Grossman outperformed Beck by leaps and bounds last night.

26. Finfan0120

Finfan0120 Well-Known Member

Doubtful. I think it has to do with the fact that he sucked. I'm not seeing this anti-mormon resentment that you speak of lol, been watching too much Fox News?

27. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

That's crazy talk....they looked very close last night. Beck got one series vs the ones. To say Grossman was leaps and bounds above is inaccurate.

28. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Enough said

29. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

Gruden couldn't stop gushing praise on beck as figured it out,
    and says beck should be the starter over grossman
    At first i thought Washington would be in the luck sweepstakes
    and after watching them last night i think that's a team that will compete
    maybe not for the playoffs though they will be in a lot of games..

Washington 3rd string qb drafted by the jets in 06 is atrocious clear drop off from grossman,
    Did you know Parcels used the term Becky
    when describing john beck? Beck has grown up no longer Becky
    actually closer to beckhem..

30. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

I dont know what your interpretations of a good QB are, but Beck was not a good QB last night. He made some decent throws, but he still plays scared and made some stupid decisions. Rex Grossman is beating him out for the starting position, and that should tell you something about him as a QB. Plus he's Mormon with a capital L.

31. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

I dont recall him saying he should start over Grossman. Grossman clearly has been playing better than Beck. John Gruden praises everyone anyway. He really does a good job of selling the NFL.

32. jlfin

jlfin old pro

No, I think you don't know the difference between legitimate scouting of a player and calling a player a loser. Guys like CK, Nublar etc break down a players' game and defend their resons for liking or not liking said player. Some of the more sophomoric posters just insult the player. Which are you? In the case of Beck, I can think of no reason why anyone would personally not like the guy. He's bright, hard working and conscientious. He's doesn't beat his wife, kill dogs, get arrested for DUI or test positive for banned substances. Any reasonable person would root for the guy to succeed.
    BTW, I suspect you are the one obsessed with Fox news. In your simplistic instant analysis, you assume I watch too much Fox news simply because I'm conservative. I'm not even sure why you mentioned it.

33. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

It's laughable that they are going into the season with Beck or Grossman with the expectation to win. :lol:

34. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

Some will think the same way about the dolphins laughing we expect to win with henne..

35. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

Where's feelthepain to defend his boy?? Beck was good but Grossman was better.

---

36. dolfanmark

dolfanmark Seasoned Veteran

Beck didn't get a chance here. His chance to play came on a 1-15 team, and it came late in the year when injuries had decimated the team even further. It was a horrendous situation for a young QB. And he wasn't Parcells' guy when he took over, so they got rid of him. It was way too early to have declared him a failure.

37. Marino420TD

Marino420TD Seasoned Veteran

You can't use a 2nd round draft pick on guys that take 5 years just to reach the field.

38. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

That was not his fault. He had no shot here or in Baltimore.

39. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

Yeah I heard from that guy to. But, if you knew anything about John Beck, he is no Pat White. His DNA would not allow him to quit. Beck was destine to be a NFL starting QB, and it's not his fault he was rushed in the process. I dare anyone to go back in look at his senior year and tell me this guy didn't have Steve Young written all over him. It's no my fault the haters lack of patience make them terrible talent evaluators and poor forward thinking when it comes to judging quarterbacks. And remember how long it took Steve to finally get his shot. Long live John Beck. All the Haters will soon recognize.