Ohio State LB Laurinitis wins Nagurski Trophy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ohio State LB Laurinitis wins Nagurski Trophy

finswin56 said:
Which would one question how he could be the nation's best defender.

Maybe the same reason Troy Smith had the Heisman wrapped up after 6 games. Because he is the leader of that side of the ball for the #1 ranked team in the country.

Stitches said:
Well he wasn't a finalist for best LB either I don't think. Though I would take him over Laurenaitis.

Willis is a finalist for the Butkus award. Was also a semi-finalist for the Nagurski.

Motion said:
Doh, that's what I get for not taking the time to check it for myself.
I do feel that Laurinitis won in a similar fashio to Heisman winners being on the top team. He is a very good LB, but being on OSU has afforded him a ton of press, press that Reggie Nelson and Patrick Willis have deserved but not received. IDK why Nelson hasn't received it, his play has been pivotal for UF. Willis' problem is playing on such a poor team. That guy's an absolute beast.

Grand theft, may have been a bit much, but I'm not convinced he deserved it.

it'd be grand theft if he hadn't been playing at a high level. but he's been pretty good all year long.

UF Fin Kat said:
it'd be grand theft if he hadn't been playing at a high level. but he's been pretty good all year long.

He's an Animal. :sidelol:

Stitches said:
He's an Animal. :sidelol:

LOD118JPG-1.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Ohio State LB AJ Hawk was passed over for Paul Pos...whatever....last season..so nice to return the favor.

DBoston80 said:
Ohio State LB AJ Hawk was passed over for Paul Pos...whatever....last season..so nice to return the favor.

thing is you could argue Poz was better than Hawk last year.

If this was a best LB award fine, but you can not tell me Laurinitis was the best defensive player in the nation.

Back
Top Bottom