Ok, I have seen the light | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok, I have seen the light

RunTravisRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was one guy saying trade Ogun and a 1st rounder and get a top notch RB asap right as i heard of rickys departure....I was wrong. The dust has settled, and now I think I know exactly what needs to be done. We now have cap room because of ricky's departure. We need to lock Ogun and Chambers up in long-term deals. Chambers is still one of the brightest young wr's in the league, and without Ogun it would mean double teams for JT and our team sack # would decrease 50%. Once that is done, sign one of Stewart/Levens/Canidate.

We can run a rb by commitee this year, the right combonation of those guys can do better than ricky's 3.5 per. Our O line will be better, and Minor has a lot he can prove.

We throw the ball, get 3.9 per out of our rb....win 11 games,and make the playoffs. The time for bitching and complaining was nice, but now it is over. We now have a season to start, games to win, playoffs to make, and a SB to contend for. I dont know about everyone else, but I am so excted about this season, and I still think we can do these things. I honestly believe we are in better shape....as far as Wannys mindset (throw the ball more).....our teams mindset (something to prove/ unified) than It was with ricky.

The bottom line is we can get a top flight rb next offseason. But, we can contend this year also. Now lets do it.

RunTravisRun said:
I was one guy saying trade Ogun and a 1st rounder and get a top notch RB asap right as i heard of rickys departure....I was wrong. The dust has settled, and now I think I know exactly what needs to be done. We now have cap room because of ricky's departure. We need to lock Ogun and Chambers up in long-term deals. Chambers is still one of the brightest young wr's in the league, and without Ogun it would mean double teams for JT and our team sack # would decrease 50%. Once that is done, sign one of Stewart/Levens/Canidate.

We can run a rb by commitee this year, the right combonation of those guys can do better than ricky's 3.5 per. Our O line will be better, and Minor has a lot he can prove.

We throw the ball, get 3.9 per out of our rb....win 11 games,and make the playoffs. The time for bitching and complaining was nice, but now it is over. We now have a season to start, games to win, playoffs to make, and a SB to contend for. I dont know about everyone else, but I am so excted about this season, and I still think we can do these things. I honestly believe we are in better shape....as far as Wannys mindset (throw the ball more).....our teams mindset (something to prove/ unified) than It was with ricky.

The bottom line is we can get a top flight rb next offseason. But, we can contend this year also. Now lets do it.
Good Post! Agree with evrthing except for FA possibilites, take off Canidate and put on Edwards and Mack.

I totally agree!! We practically have the same team as before without Ricky (except for the addition of Seau). We won't be considered a freaking predictable team that runs on first down 90% of the time. That really annoyed me last year!

I've always liked Minor and I believe his career percentage is 4.5 yds per carry, which is pretty darn impressive!

Back
Top Bottom