ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV

afishfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
something on first take on espn right now about the reason why matt ryan deserves his nickname

MATTY ICE

u would think these idiots might have paid a LITTLE bit of attention to a guy that earned that nickname in college dont you???

i mean isnt that kinda what defines what u want in ur quarterback???? isnt his ability to lead a team kinda the number one thing to evaluate???? i guess for everybody but these dumasses....they love cornfed lineman.

so i guess this week when we need a field goal and there is a minute left on the clock we can watch henne guide our team down the field 2 yards at a time!

While I still think Henne has all the Tools to be a very Successful QB in the NFL..........And Jake Long is one of the Elite LTs in the game.........

You NEVER NEVER NEVER pass on a Franchise QB.

Now on the Flip Side..... Does Matty Ice develop like he has with the coaching staff in MIA.... Or would you be ready to run him out the Door like many are with Henne?????

While I still think Henne has all the Tools to be a very Successful QB in the NFL..........And Jake Long is one of the Elite LTs in the game.........

You NEVER NEVER NEVER pass on a Franchise QB.

Now on the Flip Side..... Does Matty Ice develop like he has with the coaching staff in MIA.... Or would you be ready to run him out the Door like many are with Henne?????

Bills passed on Clausen 2 times this past year...Will they pass on another next year?

The Matty Ice **** has to stop. He is not a Dolphin, we passed on him. People can critisize the FO all they want, but it was not like he was the consensus #1 pick when he came out. It is really easy to play Monday Morning QB, but if you actually read the reports on him coming out of school, he was far from a sure thing. Here are a couple of articles from 2008 on "Matty Ice" :

Ryan is touted as having all of the “intangibles” that analysts talk about in a quarterback. “Matty Ice” is an accurate passer with decent arm strength who carried his team last season.
He’s a traditional quarterback who is good at avoiding the rush. Some scouts feel that Ryan takes too many chances with the ball, as he is prone to throwing interceptions
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19821-nfl-draft-matt-ryan-brian-brohm-chad-henne-or-joe-flacco

It seems the jury is split somewhat when it comes to Matt Ryan. Some view him as a high first-round pick while others think he could slide down into the later part of the round. Based on his senior season at Boston College, however, I think I fall somewhere between the two. Ryan has the size, arm strength, intelligence, poise, and leadership skills needed to develop into a solid NFL starter, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a franchise-type QB.

http://football.about.com/od/nflplayerprofiles/p/Matt_Ryan.htm

Even Ryan has some warts. By most accounts, his pro day was ordinary, lacking the "wow" element scouts hoped to see. While he completed 388 of 654 throws (59.3%) and amassed 4,507 yards and 31 touchdowns last season in leading Boston College to an 11-3 record that marked its winningest season since 1940, one statistic reared its ugly head: 19 interceptions

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-04-17-sw-matt-ryan_N.htm

So stop trying to change history and acting like this guy was the sure fire #1 pick and our stupid FO passed on him. We picked the best Left Tackle in the game, and the FO should not have to continually apologize to it's fan base for potentially drafting the most sure pick #1. Matt Ryan has proven a godd QB, after starting for 3 years. He had a sophmore slump like most QB's do. But none of that matters - HE IS NOT A ****ING MIAMI DOLPHIN!

do you know why he took those chances with the ball? he had dog turd all around him and was trying to win games with it. all I heard for 6 months on another site was people who hadnt even seen the kid play but just kept harping on his int total. anyone can read a statline. if you watched the games you would understand how those stats came about. he led a mediocre BC team to places it had no business going. isnt that what a qb is supposed to do, at least a good one? elevate everyone around him through his play.

The Matty Ice **** has to stop. He is not a Dolphin, we passed on him. People can critisize the FO all they want, but it was not like he was the consensus #1 pick when he came out. It is really easy to play Monday Morning QB, but if you actually read the reports on him coming out of school, he was far from a sure thing. Here are a couple of articles from 2008 on "Matty Ice" :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19821-nfl-draft-matt-ryan-brian-brohm-chad-henne-or-joe-flacco

So stop trying to change history and acting like this guy was the sure fire #1 pick and our stupid FO passed on him. We picked the best Left Tackle in the game, and the FO should not have to continually apologize to it's fan base for potentially drafting the most sure pick #1. Matt Ryan has proven a godd QB, after starting for 3 years. He had a sophmore slump like most QB's do. But none of that matters - HE IS NOT A ****ING MIAMI DOLPHIN!

FAIL FAIL FAIL

so please tell me whats easier to do? coach up a quarterbacks INTANGIBLES???????????? or coach him to limit his interceptions??????

hmmmmmmm

u dont pass on a franchise quarterback in the first round when u need one. PERIOD.

what a ****ing joke

Clausen doesn't suck, though. He's throwing to high school talent.

Bills passed on Clausen 2 times this past year...Will they pass on another next year?

If Luck is there they take him...

If no yes they will pass on Newton and Mallett (as I dont see them as Franchise QBs).

Clausen is not a Franchise guy either. Bradford was (they did not have a chance on Him)......

there is a Big tell that the Bills only see ONE Franchise QB in this draft too and that is Luck (the only QB Buddy Nix said he personally going to watch)

Just like the ONLY QB he went to watch was Bradford and Teblow Last year.

If no yes they will pass on Newton and Mallett (as I dont see them as Franchise QBs).

Clausen is not a Franchise guy either. Bradford was (they did not have a chance on Him)......

there is a Big tell that the Bills only see ONE Franchise QB in this draft too and that is Luck (the only QB Buddy Nix said he personally going to watch)

Most said Clausen was a franchise qb and is going to be that guy.

If Panthers believe that maybe Bills trade up.

You have to stop reading this garbage... seriously. Listen to his OWN HEAD COACH talk, and listen to the interviews where coach Jags specifically says that he INSTRUCTED Matt Ryan to take chances and force the ball, he wasn't stupid... He knew Matt Ryan was going to make the throw and thread the needle into that double coverage a lot more often than he was going to miss...

Which was BC's only shot at winning... he was playing with complete scrubs and walk-on's all around him at the skill positions...

19 INT's in 654 f*cking attempts isn't interception prone... most QB's are only attempting HALF that many throws... which puts his INT ratio right there with any top QB prospect that's ever come out...

Since you're at it, post all the knocks on Jake Long too... where he was "best suited at right tackle"... etc...

These morons misevaluated Matt Ryan... and that's the bottom line. You're going to suffer the consequences of it as a fan... THEY'RE going to suffer the consequences of it as a front office... and Jake Long is going to suffer the consequences because he's stuck with Chad Henne again...

Most said Clausen was a franchise qb and is going to be that guy.

If Panthers believe that maybe Bills trade up.

Or they sit there at 5 and take him there (Unless the Begals cut slingload on Palmer)

If Wisenhunt stays in AZ (will be on the hot seat - I see him going with a Vet Like a McNabb)
If Bengals stay with Palmer he will not go there.

So really if the Panthers (which they wont) Pass on Luck I bet he would be the Bills Selection

Panters will Pick Luck and trade Clausen to the Seahags

Ive heard a few Bills fans' say that they would be happy passing on Luck, as they believe Fitzpatrick is the guy.

You agree?

This Matt Ryan stuff is pointless and misguided. With all the (ridiculous) Monday morning QB stuff aside...

he would have: No left tackle, no Michael Turner (1700yds?), no Roddy White, no Tony Gonzales. He would have Henning and a tougher division (where 2nd place--and wildcards even--are MUCH harder).

These threads/posts need to stop.

Back
Top Bottom