omar jacobs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

omar jacobs

miamiMVP

Rookie
Reaction score
i've heard a lot about this kid from his weird throwing motion to his good accuracy and what not. but i've never actually seen him play. if anyone has do you think this guy can play at the next level. his stats are nice.

yes he can. he has a great arm and accuracy, but his mechanics and feet need work, plus he has no experience in a pro-style offense.

UF Fin Kat said:
yes he can. he has a great arm and accuracy, but his mechanics and feet need work, plus he has no experience in a pro-style offense.

Pretty much sums it up.

miamiMVP said:
i've heard a lot about this kid from his weird throwing motion to his good accuracy and what not. but i've never actually seen him play. if anyone has do you think this guy can play at the next level. his stats are nice.

His stats are nice because he played in a wide open offense. He's more a WCO QB. He doesn't fit in our system.

Phins28 said:
His stats are nice because he played in a wide open offense. He's more a WCO QB. He doesn't fit in our system.
he's a perfect fit for our offense...

Phins28 said:
The system a player played in college has nothing or very little to do with what type of system he can play in the pros. Not many college QBs play in a pro style offense. To say that he cannot throw the ball downfield is not true. I'm not sure if you watched the 49ers style of WCO but they threw the ball downfield quite often. Also his delivery may not be ideal but that didn't stop Bernie Kosar from becoming an all pro or Philip Rivers from being a 1st round pick. I'm not saying Jacobs will be a Pro Bowler but he has the ability to be a solid QB for years to come.

Phins28 said:

What makes you say that? I think he'd fit in pretty well in a vertical passing attack offense, more so than a dink and dunk WCO.

Motion said:
What makes you say that? I think he'd fit in pretty well in a vertical passing attack offense, more so than a dink and dunk WCO.

He rarely threw the ball deep downfield. He's either a WCO QB or a good Tight end.

they threw downfield when the underneath plays were working. so there were games where he chucked it downfield a ton.

Back
Top Bottom