Omar Kelly thinks Parcells will stay through the end of the 2011 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly thinks Parcells will stay through the end of the 2011 season

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
RT @briathom: Is Bill Parcells leaving?When are his terms with the Dolphins up» In 2 years. I'm starting to think he'll finish out his deal
http://twitter.com/omarkelly

Obviously just his opinion, but for some reason my gut agrees with Omar. I think Parcells will buck the trend and actually finish out his contract.

Yeah he's not exactly in the hot seat right now, even if we have another mediocre season I don't see him taking off with one year left to go. I just think its gonna take at least a season for our defense to gel, new coordintator, new players, new scheme, blah blah blah, but assuming we show improvement over last year I don't see why he would want to leave. From what I understand Stephen Ross is letting him do his job and not pulling a Dan Snyder, so why not sit back for the last year of your contract and see what this team you built is capable of?

Parcells has everything. Golf, horse racing, full 6 figure salary on a part time basis.. oh yea.. and football.. when ever he chooses.

I could see him singing an extension. He loves Florida.

Why move.

If he left early it would set a poor example for players about fulfilling their obligations to honoring their contract. Parcells reminds me more of a Peyton Manning type player. When Peyton was asked what he planned on doing with all the money he was going to make on his new contract his response was "Earn it!" I think Parcells plans on earning it.

If he left early it would set a poor example for players about fulfilling their obligations to honoring their contract. Parcells reminds me more of a Peyton Manning type player. When Peyton was asked what he planned on doing with all the money he was going to make on his new contract his response was "Earn it!" I think Parcells plans on earning it.

I don't think so. Everyone in the NFL knows it's a business. Parcells has earned the right to call his own shots. after all the dolphins didn't have to sign him to an open ended contract if they wanted guarantees. Parcells has what he's always wanted. To be a part of the game without having to talk to the media. Oh yea.. and horse racing... golf.... etc...

would love him to stay but i'll believe it when i see it. some higher up will eventually piss him off - then we'll see how much he really loves it in south beach.

Long as he leaves Ireland behind, I don't care all that much. I like BP in Miami, but I'm not dreading the day he leaves.

Back
Top Bottom