Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back

What has Vernon done?....... Ill wait

This is such a social media way of commenting on this.

That is all you see . . .guy responds to a tweet that asks a question, makes a solid point and then somebody else comes from out of nowhere to question the credentials of the responder and feels like they accomplished something . . .LOL.

OV plays the same position as Quinn and was drafted in the same draft class, on the same team and was a teammate of Tannehill’s for 4 years.

He seems qualified enough to make a proper comment on the situation.

it’s very interesting and really football depressing as a dolphin fan how The flawed player fooled the so called professionals for all these years..coach after coach, GM after GM....some fans still believe....quite the story.
This is one of the stupidest comments ever on these forms. Please explain to us why we should’ve kept either the GM’s or the coaches or the offense of coaches. Do tell us why we should’ve kept any of them.

I still think the new coaching staff would rather have Bortles than tannehill. Not 1 player has stepped up to defend RT17. That says a ton.

I sent Tannehill an e-mail and told him if he needs help to reach out to me. If he gets cut/traded I can offer some advice since I watch pro-football and know how the conferences/divisions are setup.

View attachment 16901

Hey, man. Don't enjoy this so much. :lol:

There was a celebratory thread in main basically taking a dump on the guy on the way out the door, and on some of the people who didn't agree he was the Antichrist.

If for whatever reason he's the starter next year (which would be crazy, imo), those revelers might just burst into flames.

This is one of the stupidest comments ever on these forms. Please explain to us why we should’ve kept either the GM’s or the coaches or the offense of coaches. Do tell us why we should’ve kept any of them.
not sure how you interpreted that.
I’m saying tannehill fooled those coaches and Gms... I’m not suggesting keeping any of them..I’m saying all of them did a poor job evaluating tannehill from predraft to extension especially considering the other options that were there over that 7 year period.

There was a celebratory thread in main basically taking a dump on the guy on the way out the door, and on some of the people who didn't agree he was the Antichrist.

If for whatever reason he's the starter next year (which would be crazy, imo), those revelers might just burst into flames.
We can only hope

I’m saying tannehill fooled those coaches and Gms... I’m not suggesting keeping any of them..I’m saying all of them did a poor job evaluating tannehill from predraft to extension especially considering the other options that were there over that 7 year period.

He fooled people because the talent was there, dj. You could see flashes of it. He just couldn't take the next step from good to great.

We didn't fail abysmally in regards to Tanne. We failed abysmally in not drafting a QB to sit behind a will he or won't he QB that was also getting murdered and had a high risk of injury.

So what did we do instead? We called a QB out of retirement and trotted out a career back-up. Instead of getting younger, better talent at the most important position in football, instead of preparing for the future, we decided to live and die with RT.

Last edited:
I’m not advocating one where the other on keeping him, and you’re not the only one that has made similar comments. When we originally drafted the kid he was expected to sit for one or two years, unfortunately he beat the scrubs out for the spot. It’s absolutely hilarious how people blame him for the seven years of mediocrity, instead of blaming the people who it should be directed at, you know the crappy GM’s and coaches.

I’m not advocating one where the other on keeping him, and you’re not the only one that has made similar comments. When we originally drafted the kid he was expected to sit for one or two years, unfortunately he beat the scrubs out for the spot. It’s absolutely hilarious how people blame him for the seven years of mediocrity, instead of blaming the people who it should be directed at, you know the crappy GM’s and coaches.

And this is why the Tannehill debate will never, ever end. Particularly because he played for a franchise that had the best QB to never win a ring.

Football is the ultimate team sport.

While I’m of the opinion that Tannehill should be elsewhere next year, I’d be lying if I said I’m not increasingly amused every day he’s on the roster. People are working themselves into a lather over this.

I’m with you. It’s funny what stiffs folks are willing to roll with as long as it’s not Ryan Tannehill. If I were a QB I wouldn’t sign with Miami for less than 10 million.

This is such a social media way of commenting on this.

That is all you see . . .guy responds to a tweet that asks a question, makes a solid point and then somebody else comes from out of nowhere to question the credentials of the responder and feels like they accomplished something . . .LOL.

OV plays the same position as Quinn and was drafted in the same draft class, on the same team and was a teammate of Tannehill’s for 4 years.

He seems qualified enough to make a proper comment on the situation.
That's all well and good but still what has he done though.... Jack. I'm not defending Tannehill I'm questioning OV. What has he done? Oh about the same success as Tannehill. Mired in mediocrity and over paid. So much so that giants didn't think was worthy of his contract and moved his ass to Cleveland. Never questioned why posted what he did. Just what has he done that makes him so high and mighty that he could throw shade.

I’m with you. It’s funny what stiffs folks are willing to roll with as long as it’s not Ryan Tannehill. If I were a QB I wouldn’t sign with Miami for less than 10 million.

This isn't really at all what I was suggesting. in the end, it really doesn't mean **** what we're willing to roll with. It's just that at this point, I don't think things will get any better for the Fins with Tannehill, and I don't think things will get any better for Tannehill in Miami. But it's gonna be epic if all of the people who threw their "I told you so" party are all of a sudden going:

giphy.gif

All the Tannehill debates are just like when we had Henne as our starting QB. Both sides debated endlessly about whether or not he was a starting caliber QB, if he was going to be our franchise QB, if he was mediocre, good, very good, maybe one day elite. He had the arm, the experience in college, came from a top football school, was a high rated prospect, ect. Then the Henne era came a close, and now he's a career backup. While both Henne and Tannehill are two very different QBs, both have the same career trajectory: both gave us blue balls from the duration of their time here, with flashes of brilliance occasionally with a lot of terrible plays and decision making in between. That's what a backup QB is. If anything, we've spent way too much time, energy, brain power, and money hoping that these career backup QBs we've drafted turn into Marino when they were never even close to being anywhere near as good. At least we didn't waste as much time on Henne as we have with Tannehill. It's pretty inexcusable how long we've been waiting for Tannehill to finally fully develop. Hell, look at the QBs that were available recently. Foles took PHI to the Super Bowl and maybe almost got them there this year. They didnt bring him back even when Wentz keeps getting hurt. Case Keenum took Minny to the NFC championship and he was let go over signing Kirk Cousins. Bortles took JAX to AFC championship and was cut this year. All these QBs are about as average as Tannehill has been for us, yet they accomplished alot more (granted along with other factors) and their teams knew better than to keep them around for too long, knowing their limitations prevent them from being a franchise QB you build around. We gave Tannehill 7 years and we have little to show for it.

Back
Top Bottom