OSU #1, Texas #2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OSU #1, Texas #2

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
I think OhioState has a very good Offense returning this year. They lost alot on D but seem to be solid in that area every year. ND and WVU are probably returning the most starters from last year for top 10 teams and it shows with the rankings.

I will admit I don't know much about the Texas team this year but comming off a NC they did earn the respect to be ranked high but would like to know what folks think of this years team. Same with USC, top program but did lose alot this year. Should be able to tell early if Texas is really a top 5 team playing OhioState week 2, USC I don't think really gets challenged till november.

Personally I have no problem with OhioState at #1
WVU is also deserving of a top 10 ranking. They have the majority of the team returning that beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Just because they play in the BigEast isn't a reason not to rank them in the top 10. No matter what your opinions of the BigEast in general are, WVU is a top program in the country this year.

ohio states offense really wasn't that good last year. That team was carried by its defense all season. They lost thier best reciever from what had been the 26th scoring offense in the country last year, and that isn't going to cut it this year with the total lack of experience they have on defense. I just don't understand why people give ohio state the benefit of the doubt just because their defense "seems to be solid in that area every year."

DD28 Im curious, Booty's arm (that was funny) is stronger than Leinart's but is he a better QB, arm strentgh isnt everything

On another note, I feel srry for Booty during Elementary school, imagine the jokes, poor child

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
WVU at #5 would be nice.
Finished 2005 ranked #5 or #6 depending on what poll you look at. AP had us at #5. We lost basically 2 DBs, and both OT. Offense should be even better this year with the experience the players have gained. Defensive secondary is a question mark right now, if we get better play there we will a very good team overall.

I am ok with #7 though really. I know that WVU will not get alot of respect and we have to earn that. I am really happy with the good character guys we have on the team now, few idiots in the locker room killed our 2004 season.

I am really pumped for this season and watching our Offense run all over opposing teams. The show starts Sep 2nd, get yer popcorn ready.
:goof:

Strength of Schedule has to count for something.

I don't see why they have OSU #1, they lost 3 of the top LBs in the nation and a pretty good WR. I understand people think Troy Smith is a major Heisman candidate and that they also have Ted Ginn Jr. but I'd rather have ND's combo of Brady Quinn and Jeff Samardzija. I think ND will win the title, their D is very underrated I think

Motion said:
Strength of Schedule has to count for something.
hate to say it but like my team (Miami Hurricanes) Florida has too many holes to win a title. plus I don't like Leak at QB, I see Tebow taking his job at one point this season. maybe after UCF beats you guys. yes I said it! thats my school!

BTW Leak is way overrated on NCAA 07, they made him one of the best QBs on the game

UF Fin Kat said:
ohio state has a tough schedule. if they win out they definitely deserve to be #1.

Yes they do, I was referring to WVU.

nick1 said:
hate to say it but like my team (Miami Hurricanes) Florida has too many holes to win a title. plus I don't like Leak at QB, I see Tebow taking his job at one point this season. maybe after UCF beats you guys. yes I said it! thats my school!

BTW Leak is way overrated on NCAA 07, they made him one of the best QBs on the game
Holes? Florida doesn't have many holes, they have thin depth but not many holes at all. The resaon their NC hopes are slim is because they have one of the hardest schedules in the nation this year, one of the hardest in school history. Leak is one of the most experienced QBs in the nation and has been decent. I'm looking forward to seeing Tebow as much as anyone.

UCF :lol:

nick1 said:

Dude, come on. You just lost all credibility on that comment.

I am not so sure there are that many "holes" on UF. However, they have to have one of (if not the) hardest schedules in the nation. SEVEN teams that are likely to be ranked this year! The odds of them winning all those games (which is needed to be a National Champ contender) is slim. Some pro teams would have a tough time with that schedule.

Motion said:
Holes? Florida doesn't have many holes, they have thin depth but not many holes at all. The resaon their NC hopes are slim is because they have one of the hardest schedules in the nation this year, one of the hardest in school history. Leak is one of the most experienced QBs in the nation and has been decent. I'm looking forward to seeing Tebow as much as anyone.

UCF :lol:
did any of you see UCF last year? they were good and now their QB is a Sr., they have one of the best RBs in the nation (top 20 or so) and have a monster at WR. and no I'm not referring to Marshall, he is gone. just wait until week 2, I am willing to bet alot that UCF wins

Oboy said:
Dude, come on. You just lost all credibility on that comment.

I am not so sure there are that many "holes" on UF. However, they have to have one of (if not the) hardest schedules in the nation. SEVEN teams that are likely to be ranked this year! The odds of them winning all those games (which is needed to be a National Champ contender) is slim. Some pro teams would have a tough time with that schedule.
the holes I was referring to are depth concerns, man I can't wait until 08 when my Hurricanes will kill your little Gators

nick1 said:
did any of you see UCF last year? they were good and now their QB is a Sr., they have one of the best RBs in the nation (top 20 or so) and have a monster at WR. and no I'm not referring to Marshall, he is gone. just wait until week 2, I am willing to bet alot that UCF wins

Yes I saw UCF last year. Did you see Florida? Top 10 defense in the nation that has only gotten better, one of the top WR corps in the SEC, and a year under their belt in Meyer's system. Double digit Florida win easy. Keep dreaming.

nick1 said:
the holes I was referring to are depth concerns, man I can't wait until 08 when my Hurricanes will kill your little Gators
:rolleyes: Nice retreat.

I wanna know how Tennessee stays in the top 25 after such a pitiful year last year.

23Ronnie23 said:
I wanna know how Tennessee stays in the top 25 after such a pitiful year last year.

Good call

Back
Top Bottom