Our New Offensive and Defensive Coordinators | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our New Offensive and Defensive Coordinators

Pope Shula XIV

EDDSified!
Reaction score
Ever since being denied permission to interview Joe Pendry, it seems the only name being mentioned for the OC job is Scott Linehan. I hope the Vikes lose this weekend so he can get an interview. Has anyone heard any other names being mentioned for the OC?

I must admit I was surprised to hear Dave Campo was interviewed for the DC position, but he is a very experienced defensive coach who didn't have much to work with in Cleveland. I think Campo would be a very good DC, especially working with Saban.

Assistant Head Coach Marty Mornhinweg of Philadelphia has been listed as a canidate. However like you said, Linehan seems to be the favorite.

unifiedtheory said:
I'd like to see Marty Mornhinweg get the gig...Linehan kinda' scares me.
Why does Linehan scare you?? The Vikes had one of the better offenses in the league.

Why cant we interview Lineham now? Crennel was interviewed by Cleveland and the Niners wasn't he?

I have been waiting for my phone to ring - I need to verify with the FO that they have my correct number.

DonShula84 said:
Why cant we interview Lineham now? Crennel was interviewed by Cleveland and the Niners wasn't he?
Yeah, but I don't know if you can interview playoff team's coaches for non head coaching positions. Also, even if we were, having them out of the playoffs gives us all the freedom in the world to talk to them.

BigFinFan said:
I have been waiting for my phone to ring - I need to verify with the FO that they have my correct number.
Im sure even YOU couldve devised an offense that much more understandable than the one Wanny/Foerester came up with last year. :o very embarrassing.

DonShula84 said:

That whole assistant interviewing protocol seems pretty fuzzy. I think it has to do with whether the assistant would be interviewing for a job that would be a promotion or a lateral move, and in the case of Joe Pendry, it didn't matter -- the Texans denied us permission to interview Pendry even though going from interior line coach to offensive coordinator would definitely have been a promotion. I dunno...hopefully someone else knows the rules better than I do.

there's no rule...teams can deny permission all they want unless its a head coaching job...but out of courtesy to their own coach and to the other team a lot of times they dont deny...in houston's case we wanted to interview grantham and pendry and they didnt want to lose two coaches

ckparrothead said:
there's no rule...teams can deny permission all they want unless its a head coaching job...but out of courtesy to their own coach and to the other team a lot of times they dont deny...in houston's case we wanted to interview grantham and pendry and they didnt want to lose two coaches
Maybe that is why we are waiting until Minnesota gets knocked out. Linehan's contract is up.

ckparrothead said:
That is correct.
Hmm, Sunday's Vikes/Eagles game will now be a tough one to watch. I want the Eagles to win so we can get Linehan, YET I want the Vikings to win since I hate the Eagles and I live in Eagle country. I don't know what to do. :confused:

Who cares, Morninwheg is probably the better choice anyway. Very very experienced, proven, and brings the WCO to Miami.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear more talk of the Saints OC getting a look. They run a very aggressive offense there.

Back
Top Bottom