Our picks in Round 1 & 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our picks in Round 1 & 2

JakeMcAwful

Irish Dolphan
Reaction score
I thought I'd share some options we would have with our first three picks of the 2013 Draft that would make me a happy camper if we took.

Disclaimer
: I am in no way a draft guru, and I really have no clue where these guys are going to end up being taken. I'm just hazarding a guess at players I like in places I like them. I'm assuming we'll be picking in the 12-18 range come April.

1st Round
- I think we have to take a DE here, considering it seems to be the strength of this class. We definitely have an opportunity at some elite talent here (I'm assuming Werner and Moore will be gone by this stage).

• DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
  • DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
  • DE Sam Montgomery, LSU

2nd Round
- Skill positions is the name of the game in Round 2 IMO, and I'm banking on a couple of guys declaring early to give us even more options with our two picks here (denoted by *).

First Pick
  • CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
  • CB Logan Ryan*, Rutgers
  • WR Stedman Bailey, West Virginia

Second Pick (from Indianapolis)
  • TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
  • WR Brandon Coleman*, Rutgers
  • CB Leon McFadden, San Diego State (I can see McFadden rising up the draft board with the slight dearth of depth at that position in the draft)

I'm not well-versed enough to know or even guess at who might be available in the third round (and beyond), but position-wise ideally I'd like if we picked up an LB (we need more depth there) and possibly another WR. I would be okay with an OG too.

Thoughts?

I like what you're doing here, although I don't think Logan Ryan is what I'd be after.

He was absolutely destroyed by Cobi Hamilton on his way to setting an SEC record with 303 receiving yards with 3 TD's thrown in. Got abused last night by DeVante Parker on a simple hitch-and-go for a touchdown that propelled Louisville to the win. He don't look ready to me.

I missed the game last night, but if that's the case you might be right. Even though Hamilton is one of the higher rated WR prospects, he might feel he can push his way into the 1st round if he waits another year? He definitely has the potential, just more experience perhaps.

I agree with your ideas of positions to address... not necessarily with the names you provided..

I'm all for a pass rusher in the first. WR in the second regardless of whether we make a push for/ gain gregg jennings.. I'd still like to add one of the clemson or tennessee boys.

I have my heart set on werner, and carradine late. Im hoping they find a way to land jonthon cooper to fill your OG idea as well..

My only problem with the mocking of a DE and WR, is I can't pinpoint which CB I am happy with with our 2b or 3a/3b selections. Might be a pick your poison and put one position off for another year...

Not to be mean, but over half of the guys you mentioned would be overdrafted by at least 1 round, most likely 2.

With our team having so many free agents, it is somewhat hard to predict if we will have any new holes to fill or where we might be able to patch a hole. You have to go best player available.

1st Rd:
D. Moore - DE
D. Millner - CB
Joeckel - OT (If we let Long walk)
Werner - DE
Either LSU DE
K, Allen - WR
J. Jones - OLB/DE (I'd love to get him but doubt he'd be available when we pick)
J. Banks - CB
J. Hunter - WR

2nd:
A. Okafor - DE
T. Williams - WR
X. Rhodes - CB
J. Poyer - CB
Z.Ertz - TE (m@ther fuc%ing Agnew, what a waste of a 3rd rounder)
C. Patterson - WR
C. Thomas - OLB (He is my man crush of the year. Watch his film and you will see why. He can pass rush and cover in space)
C. Byndum - CB

My dream scenario:
K. Allen - 1st
X. Rhodes - 2a
C. Thomas - 2b
B. Jenkins - 3a
C. Byndom- 3b
R. Swopes - 4

WTF, every post has to be reviewed by a Mod?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

With our team having so many free agents, it is somewhat hard to predict if we will have any new holes to fill or where we might be able to patch a hole. You have to go best player available.

1st Rd:
D. Moore - DE
D. Millner - CB
Joeckel - OT (If we let Long walk)
Werner - DE
Either LSU DE
K, Allen - WR
J. Jones - OLB/DE (I'd love to get him but doubt he'd be available when we pick)
J. Banks - CB
J. Hunter - WR

2nd:
A. Okafor - DE
T. Williams - WR
X. Rhodes - CB
J. Poyer - CB
Z.Ertz - TE
C. Patterson - WR
C. Thomas - OLB (He is my man crush of the year. Watch his film and you will see why. He can pass rush and cover in space)
C. Byndum - CB

My dream scenario:
K. Allen - 1st
X. Rhodes - 2a
C. Thomas - 2b
B. Jenkins - 3a
C. Byndom- 3b
R. Swopes - 4

i would be absolutely happy with your top 3 pics

Back
Top Bottom