Packers to Replace Philbin from Within | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packers to Replace Philbin from Within

Nope. Don't believe it, or I choose not to believe it.

The one advantage to coming to Miami for Clements is the calling of plays which could be the big attraction over staying in GB.

Tom Clements has a decision to make...does he go to Miami and call plays and have a chance to be a HC somewhere or does he stay behind the scenes in Green Bay as their OC?

McCarthy might let Clements go and replace him with some of the other talent in the Packers coaching ranks.

Tom Clements has a decision to make...does he go to Miami and call plays and have a chance to be a HC somewhere or does he stay behind the scenes in Green Bay as their OC?

McCarthy might let Clements go and replace him with some of the other talent in the Packers coaching ranks.

It worked for Philbin.lol

Clements is already 58 and wouldn't get a true shot for at least two years, I'd think. Does he want to take that on at 60? I think he'd be content with an OC position and nothing more.

Clements is already 58 and wouldn't get a true shot for at least two years, I'd think. Does he want to take that on at 60? I think he'd be content with an OC position and nothing more.

Maybe. Should be interesting. They stopped him Clements from leaving before. However, maybe Miami being in the other conference helps his cause.

In sampling the Packer message boards, as much as everyone liked Philbin and wished him well, they didn't think it would be a big deal to replace him

Clements seem to be the obvious favorite to take over but Ben McAdoo has been with McCarthy the longest.

No Packers coach has spent as many seasons with McCarthy as tight ends coach Ben McAdoo. He was with McCarthy in New Orleans and San Francisco. When McCarthy joined the Packers, McAdoo followed.

In sampling the Packer message boards, as much as everyone liked Philbin and wished him well, they didn't think it would be a big deal to replace him

Uhm, of course. They have Aaron "Discount Double Check" Rodgers. But let's not forget the fact that Philbin was practically there from the beginning with the development of Rodgers. He played to his strengths.

Back
Top Bottom