***Pains Mock*** Post Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Pains Mock*** Post Senior Bowl

Pretty good draft, my Dolphin mock (posted over at Celtkin or whatever its called) I had Chris Williams at the second, Shawn Crable at 2b, Paul Hubbard at 3, Ahtyba Rubin at 4, Brad Cottam at 6 and Louis Holmes at 7 (He’s from Arizona, 6-6 269 DE, local Dillard High grad)
This was before the Senior Bowl, where Cottam maybe did enough to move up (I think he was a sleeper before that) and Rubin- same thing. I don’t think Williams was projected to go that high like your mock before the Senior Bowl, either. I tried to be very realistic with who would really be available at the pick based on looking at a lot of other mocks, and not be a dreamer. Now it looks like my picks all moved up since then!

i know. thats my whole point.

for a week. you might want to put a lot of weight into it. but i certainly do not. Woodson remains a top my QB ranking. as he did when the season started. i put more weight into 44 games in 4 years and 3 years of starting in the best conference in NCAA rather then 1 week.

didnt know about that. he should still be drafted though

True but they like to see how a QB handles a new offense. He had some accuracy issues and his release is slow. Thats a knock on him. No doubt he did great vs compeition just saying alot of scouts dropped him because of his poor practice week and in game.

No doubt he will be drafted I was just hoping just incase if no one took a chance on him.

Pretty good draft, my Dolphin mock (posted over at Celtkin or whatever its called) I had Chris Williams at the second, Shawn Crable at 2b, Paul Hubbard at 3, Ahtyba Rubin at 4, Brad Cottam at 6 and Louis Holmes at 7 (He’s from Arizona, 6-6 269 DE, local Dillard High grad)
This was before the Senior Bowl, where Cottam maybe did enough to move up (I think he was a sleeper before that) and Rubin- same thing. I don’t think Williams was projected to go that high like your mock before the Senior Bowl, either. I tried to be very realistic with who would really be available at the pick based on looking at a lot of other mocks, and not be a dreamer. Now it looks like my picks all moved up since then!

I think Crable can be there at 2B. I know Parcells would take him in a heart beat. I like that mock. I know Cottam moved up but I like all those picks.

I look at alot of mocks just to get an idea of where they might end up. Its a helpful guideline. Then I look at team needs and do it based off that.

Its going to be fun when the Combine hits.

I saved all my mocks so when the draft is over and done with I can see how good I did :D

Well, I also had us taking Mike Jenkins number one, so take what I write with a grain of alcohol… I really think he’s going to be the fastest guy at the combine, and my thinking was we could maybe get the fastest CB in the NFL and address the NT, DE or big fat guys later, or free agent, etc. At least after the misery of last season we get all this draft fun with the first pick. I haven’t been this into an off season- ever!

Well, I also had us taking Mike Jenkins number one, so take what I write with a grain of alcohol… I really think he’s going to be the fastest guy at the combine, and my thinking was we could maybe get the fastest CB in the NFL and address the NT, DE or big fat guys later, or free agent, etc. At least after the misery of last season we get all this draft fun with the first pick. I haven’t been this into an off season- ever!

That is quite the stretch :p

I really like Kellen Davis, and I hope we get him. I've watched every MSU game this year and I think he's very talented. But it's great mock dude, good job bro.

I would be shocked to the point of spitting up everything I have eaten to think that Sam Baker would go before Jeff Otah. Baker might have to be a G w/ those 32 in ch arms of his.

Chris Williams as good as he is will not go before Otah either IMO. He has short arms too. He is very good, but the 1st round always has those height, weight, speed guys. I don't think they have the measurables, although Williams is by far the better player. he will be gone by the first 10 picks of the 2nd round unless he kill somebody. (And even then he's had a bad fall)

Jenks is fast, but hes not that fast. i played against him in high school. and my own team mate in high school that played CB to was faster then him then and faster now. of course i always believed Jenkins was better all around CB and much more physical. which is why i think he will be the better NFL CB of the to.

Actually he is a 6 or 7th round projection as of now.

People back off him because of the injuries.

While he has been injured this past season, I can also say that the Arkansas offense that they ran funneled most of the action through DMC and Felix Jones because they had -horrible- QB play. I think Monk has the size, speed, and hands to be quite a sleeper in this draft.

I really like Kellen Davis, and I hope we get him. I've watched every MSU game this year and I think he's very talented. But it's great mock dude, good job bro.

I like Kellen Davis too. Guy reminds me of Kellen Winslow. Id be happy with any TE this draft. Though Cottam and Davis are at the top for me.

I would be shocked to the point of spitting up everything I have eaten to think that Sam Baker would go before Jeff Otah. Baker might have to be a G w/ those 32 in ch arms of his.

Chris Williams as good as he is will not go before Otah either IMO. He has short arms too. He is very good, but the 1st round always has those height, weight, speed guys. I don't think they have the measurables, although Williams is by far the better player. he will be gone by the first 10 picks of the 2nd round unless he kill somebody. (And even then he's had a bad fall)

Your are probably right. Thought Id shake up the OT for this mock.

While he has been injured this past season, I can also say that the Arkansas offense that they ran funneled most of the action through DMC and Felix Jones because they had -horrible- QB play. I think Monk has the size, speed, and hands to be quite a sleeper in this draft.

I agree with you. I just hope people over look him so we can grab him.

Jenks is fast, but hes not that fast. i played against him in high school. and my own team mate in high school that played CB to was faster then him then and faster now. of course i always believed Jenkins was better all around CB and much more physical. which is why i think he will be the better NFL CB of the to.

Awesome. What position did you play?

Don't you think Jenkins put on some speed since he went to USF?

Crable really looked at the Senior Bowl apparently. Sporting News even has him as a late rounder now. If he's that stiff, I'd have a hard time taking him with our second second rounder.

If things fell this way, it would be hard to pass on Brohm, but taking Gosder would be awesome. I think he moved into the first round with his week at the Senior Bowl though.

It's all fun to speculate, but as I'm sure you know, things will change quite a bit after the combine, personal workouts etc. I trust Ireland and BP to make some moves to make us better, hopefully involving trading down at some point.

Round1-Chris Long DE Virgina--- agree
Round2-Gosder Cherlius OT Boston College--- agree
Round2-Shawn Crable LB Michigan--- disagree, admittedly I haven't seen enough of him yet, but what I have seen I didn't like. He's stiff and seems to play too high. At his height, I'd like him to show more leverage at the point of attack. Seems to be too much of a project for a second rounder IMO. I like his measurables though, how can you not? lol
Round3-Brad Cottam TE Tennessee--- I like Cottam, just not at this pick. If we had to get him early, I'd expect it to come in the 4th round.
Round4-Marcus Griffin S Texas--- Nice pick, has some coverage skills, not just a "safety"...
Round6-Benard Morris QB Marshall--- don't know enough about him, but if he's not accurate, I don't want him.
Round7-Marcus Monk WR Arkansas--- agree

Crable really looked at the Senior Bowl apparently. Sporting News even has him as a late rounder now. If he's that stiff, I'd have a hard time taking him with our second second rounder.

If things fell this way, it would be hard to pass on Brohm, but taking Gosder would be awesome. I think he moved into the first round with his week at the Senior Bowl though.

It's all fun to speculate, but as I'm sure you know, things will change quite a bit after the combine, personal workouts etc. I trust Ireland and BP to make some moves to make us better, hopefully involving trading down at some point.

Crable got hurt so opted not to play. IK don't think it hurts his stock. This years class of LB isnt deep so I don't think he will fall too far.

I know I'll make a new mock after the combine.

I don't think Crable is a project though. Great size for OLB.

I think Cottam bought himself into the 3rd round along with Ainge. If Cottam fell in the 4th that would be awesome.

Awesome. What position did you play?

Don't you think Jenkins put on some speed since he went to USF?

lb/de sometimes dt...not a starter though.

and im sure he did put on speed, but so did my team mate. my team mate owns the combine record for 40 time. so i know for a fact hes still not as fast.

I do like this Draft...alot..

Not sure Crable will still be there though..

Also, I would take Matt Flynn instead of Morris..but still very nice mock Maj

Back
Top Bottom