Pasquarelli...a good view on our situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pasquarelli...a good view on our situation

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
Here's a good outlook on our current situation.

"But the fact he bypassed the pair probably says more about the importance Wannstedt has placed on the quarterback and wide receiver positions than it does the readiness of Foerster to oversee the offense. The feeling is that, while Foerster will have the coordinator title and perhaps even call plays, the offensive planning will be more of a collaborative effort."

Len Pasquarelli article

midwest_phinfan said:
Here's a good outlook on our current situation.

"But the fact he bypassed the pair probably says more about the importance Wannstedt has placed on the quarterback and wide receiver positions than it does the readiness of Foerster to oversee the offense. The feeling is that, while Foerster will have the coordinator title and perhaps even call plays, the offensive planning will be more of a collaborative effort."

Len Pasquarelli article

A logical perspective there. Thanks for the link bro. :cool:

Very logical perspective indeed.

I think this could turn out to be a great thing. Perhaps something revolutionary. Assistant coaches are already a big part of the game planning stage anyway. But this could really make for a diverse and unpredictable gameplan. But it could also lead to indecision and disagreement. This is where Wanny comes in with the iron fist. His word is final. And he will establish the borders and boundaries of the offense. What I wonder is just who will be calling the plays on offense and how much autonomy Foerster will be given.

Personally I think everyone involved fully understands what we're trying to accomplish. They're all professionals. So they will all work towards a common goal within the limits set by Wanny (i.e. not straying from the foundation of our offense).

Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :tongue:

What is the foundation of our new offense? 60% run, 40% pass? I would like to see more screens to Konrad and McMike down the middle of the field on a fly. It works wonders for the Canes. Also, I'm a big fan of the sit down and squat pass routes, 5 yards from the LOS. Pick up little chunks at a time. Anyone care to say what they would like our offense to look like come opening day?

I would love to see more play action passing with Boston and CC on some sort of streak or stop and go route, with the running game we have it wont have to be very good to be effective. This will also free up time for the QB if he can sell it, then you use Randy on a 5-7 yard comeback route and Konrad in the flats.Giving the QB an easy check down, look deep then to randy and if all else fails dump it to Rob. Obviously you cant run the same routes all the time, but this would definately give us a shot at some home runs down the field.

Back
Top Bottom