Pat Devlin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Devlin

Soon we'll have a real franchise quarterback, and the last shalll be first. Then shall be glory days again.

Patty's daddy arrived here 2 weeks after sonnyboy signed as an UFA...and has been rooting for RT17's failure or injury ever since. Coincidence?

Hopefully someone's starter gets hurt and we are able to trade matt moore before then. It's nice knowing we have a capable backup in Devlin.

Soon we'll have a real franchise quarterback, and the last shalll be first. Then shall be glory days again.

Sorry Mrs Devlin, but the best chance for your son to see any action is in preseason or regular season garbage time against the Jests.

Go ahead and knock Devlin all you like. Among those who are more positive about him, the expectations are all pretty realistic and modest. We want him to become #2 worthy. There is nothing wrong with pushing Devlin to be a Matt Cassel or Matt Flynn type of player--someone raised in an offensive system who won't hurt your chances of winning too much if he has to finish out the season for you.

Maybe one or two people on this board are harboring weird Devlin fetishes with grandiose dreams that he is the next Brady or Rodgers, but, c'mon, cut Pat some slack. As low risk investments go, the man is making good on it.

FishTank;1064728091 Maybe one or two people on this board are harboring weird Devlin fetishes with grandiose dreams that he is the next Brady or Rodgers said:
And look how many people on this board have desperate Tannehill fetishes with grandiose dreams that he is the next Marino.

Eveyone can have their own opinions, and we'll see how it plays out in the end...and some may be having crow for dinner for a long time.

And look how many people on this board have desperate Tannehill fetishes with grandiose dreams that he is the next Marino.

Eveyone can have their own opinions, and we'll see how it plays out in the end...and some may be having crow for dinner for a long time.

I see no problem with optimism for either player. With Ryan Tannehill, I would hope we all have desperate Tannehill fetishes because his potential is much more apparent, and his arm is hard to rival. Pat Devlin probably will never rival that physical potential. I don't expect Devlin to have that kind of arm, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that his arm is better than what we've seen. In fact, I do know his arm strength improved, but it's not the same as Ryan Tannehill's.

Now, I like Devlin. I liked him in college. I saw plenty of his potential in the playoffs and in his championship game against my Eastern Eagles. I like that he is getting a huge window of opportunity with this team, and I believe he has tremendous promise. I've stated before that I believe he could be a young Chad Pennington, but I don't make that my projection for Devlin. Pennington was rather special, ya know? More acceptable optimism would be like predicting Devlin to be like Matt Flynn--is there anything wrong with that? I would hope every Fin fan would hope to have a backup so familiar with the system that he steps in and has a 300+ yard game.

Do be optimistic about Devlin, but do you have to resent Ryan Tannehill? He's pretty important and has shown promise in all the same ways Devlin has except that his physical gifting and ceiling appear much greater.

You want Pat Devlin to step up and challenge Moore, because it invites some tasty trade value for Moore when some team gets desperate.

Devlin sure looked pretty smooth to me last year running the no-huddle. I just imagine he is much smoother knowing the system and having more talent around him. He will get most of next week. Looking forward to it.

I see no problem with optimism for either player. With Ryan Tannehill, I would hope we all have desperate Tannehill fetishes because his potential is much more apparent, and his arm is hard to rival. Pat Devlin probably will never rival that physical potential. I don't expect Devlin to have that kind of arm, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that his arm is better than what we've seen. In fact, I do know his arm strength improved, but it's not the same as Ryan Tannehill's.

Now, I like Devlin. I liked him in college. I saw plenty of his potential in the playoffs and in his championship game against my Eastern Eagles. I like that he is getting a huge window of opportunity with this team, and I believe he has tremendous promise. I've stated before that I believe he could be a young Chad Pennington, but I don't make that my projection for Devlin. Pennington was rather special, ya know? More acceptable optimism would be like predicting Devlin to be like Matt Flynn--is there anything wrong with that? I would hope every Fin fan would hope to have a backup so familiar with the system that he steps in and has a 300+ yard game.

Do be optimistic about Devlin, but do you have to resent Ryan Tannehill? He's pretty important and has shown promise in all the same ways Devlin has except that his physical gifting and ceiling appear much greater.

Nice post & you did an especially good job of pointing out that it's in our best interest to be both pro-Tannehill and pro-Devlin. If Devlin is good enough he will get his chance.

Back
Top Bottom