``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

Not defending White (I think he sucks), but I believe we did score 1 TD with him in the game. In came in the Wildcat formation and was a hand-off to Lex Hilliard of all folks...against Houston from about 2 yards out. Williams was out and Lex took his place coming in motion and doing the end-around like Williams normally does.

In any case, all White did was hand it off...not much too it, but technically he was on the field at the time...

Anyone out there can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't remember any other scores with him at QB though.

Hmm he comes in for one play and hands off and someone not u on this board wanna give him credit for the td lol

When you were as bad as Pat White was last year, it's pretty hard not to improve. That still doesn't mean he'd be better for this team than any of the 3 QB's we should have on this roster. Not saying that he can't end up there, but he's got a long way to go and he needs to show a heck of a lot.

Maybe he actually learned something when he was nearly killed trying to scramble for a first down in a play he needed to be passing on.

if they get rid of Thigpen to keep that turkey and it comes back to bite us in the *** i'm done with this f.o.

fin fans need to grow up

so he is a turkey because we drafted him too high and then traded for a QB with the same skill set? whatever

you don't know what its like to make the jump to the big league, neither do I but at least I can imagine and cut our young players some slack

I dare you morons to go on Moving the Chains and flat out state that you can judge a draft after one year. they will laugh their ***** off and go to the next caller

I thought it was for five footballs, a hand towel and a water bottle?????

You're right, it WAS. But WHITE has improved, so now it'll cost anyone interested a Jacuzzi Spa. Personally, and judging by RICKY's remarks, I'd also demand a truckload of cold beer (well, maybe only a mini-van full).

It seems like many of you want Pat White to fail so you can prove your point. It's great that he's improving. Maybe he can contribute more this year. Have faith.

Pat had a couple of good plays against the Patriots (vid links down below). How many passes did he throw last year 5? I say lets see how he looks in preseason before we give up on a second round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81405f22/Williams-TD-rush

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8140f380

We have to hold onto him. We cant just flush the pick down the toilet. It was an ill advised pick, and the empitome of arrogance, but we've got to keep him for a few years.

Its nothing but pre-camp speak going on.A project player like Pat White is to much of a luxury to carry on the 53 man roster. I see the office giving him lots of playing time in the early preseason games and then hoping to trade him.

White gets this preseason to prove himself like anyone else and I can only hope for him to improve. His college games are amazing to watch and he is a fenom. Comments like this from Ricky make it even sweater so I am gunna hold my judgemant for now, to say he sucks or cut him is just stupid after only one rookie season.

It seems like many of you want Pat White to fail so you can prove your point. It's great that he's improving. Maybe he can contribute more this year. Have faith.

Isn't that the case with most of these threads? Everybody is speaking highly of the kid, saying he is the most improved player . . . and instead of saying "WTG Pat White", its more of "Just talking him up for trade value" or "Pat White sucks", etc.

He wasn't ready last year . . . but knowing that, we still put him in some real tough situations. To me, that speaks volumes that this FO has that much faith in the kid. Throw in the fact that he has seemed to improve from what all reports are saying . . . I'm excited to say the least.

But he could outplay the **** out of Henne this whole TC and preseason, and people still wouldn't want him in because it would conflict with what they said earlier in the offseason.

Isn't that the case with most of these threads? Everybody is speaking highly of the kid, saying he is the most improved player . . . and instead of saying "WTG Pat White", its more of "Just talking him up for trade value" or "Pat White sucks", etc.

He wasn't ready last year . . . but knowing that, we still put him in some real tough situations. To me, that speaks volumes that this FO has that much faith in the kid. Throw in the fact that he has seemed to improve from what all reports are saying . . . I'm excited to say the least.

But he could outplay the **** out of Henne this whole TC and preseason, and people still wouldn't want him in because it would conflict with what they said earlier in the offseason.

Some things are obvious. Pat White is being talked up to be traded.

He won't outplay Henne.

He's just not an NFL QB.

I think as Dol Fans we were all disappointed with White's first season, and quite honestly I have always been in the camp of "what the **** was the FO thinking" when they drafted him. That being said, this is the best news that we can have about White. Ricky is a team leader and a straight shooter. If nothing else, I believe that Ricky believes this. Hopefully White turns into something for the Fins

Back
Top Bottom