Patriotsssss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriotsssss

Natedogg1335

WIN-NOW
Reaction score
So whats up with the pats defense?? i understand its preseason but im in the northeast and while watching games the faces on the sidelines of both the coaching staff and players look pretty encouraging to a dolfan like myself. whats everyone think?

Natedogg1335 said:
So whats up with the pats defense?? i understand its preseason but im in the northeast and while watching games the faces on the sidelines of both the coaching staff and players look pretty encouraging to a dolfan like myself. whats everyone think?
Belichick will weild his dark powers and they'll be fine.

First string defense will be fine. They shutdown the Eagles, laid an egg against Cincy, and then handled the Panthers. Not one starter on either side of the ball stepped on the field against Jacksonville.

exactly, they didnt play a single starter last night

what the pats NEED to be worried about is a backup QB. They are doomed if Brady gets hurt, even for 1 game. Davey looked horrible and is probably the WORST backup in the NFL, maybe only Cory Sauter from Indy has him beat....

They have a questionable Oline but they would be better off with Jim Abbott as their backup QB.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That is weird, Davey looked so freaking good in NFLE.
that he did, I got to see 2 pats preseason games cause they were nationally televised and Davey looked like crap. Any non-homer pats fan will tell you they are worried about their backup QB and their Oline, not their defense.

Pats 2nd and 3rd stringers played the Jags starters to a standstill. Fourth quarter turnovers made the score lopsided.

And I agree, backup QB is the one major concern. The latest rumor is that Doug Flutie could be cut and will wind up in NE. I'm sure BB isn't too comfortable with Davey as #2 at this point.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That is weird, Davey looked so freaking good in NFLE.

keyword their is "NFL EUROPE"... This is the NFL... I love wathing the pats fail.... I love it

Boriqua said:
keyword their is "NFL EUROPE"... This is the NFL... I love wathing the pats fail.... I love it

To bad the games don't count huh. :D

Ya Davey is a hole. Maybe Dan Marino would like to come back and be a 2nd stringer for us. He could finally win a ring that way.

Boriqua said:

generally good quarterbacks in NFLE are good back ups in the NFL. If you have been paying ANY attention to NFLE at all, you would know that.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
generally good quarterbacks in NFLE are good back ups in the NFL. If you have been paying ANY attention to NFLE at all, you would know that.

your right but its also not uncommon for an NFLE qb who is good to come to the NFL and stink it up...

Boriqua said:
your right but its also not uncommon for an NFLE qb who is good to come to the NFL and stink it up...

Yea that is true, it is just Davey looked REALLY good. He had all those fun intangibles and made great decisions and great throws. One would think those would carry over into the NFL. At least good enough to look like a decent back up. I thought he looked better then Delhomme when he was in NFLE. I guess Davey will be another kerwin Bell

Natedogg1335 said:
It's preseason, thats the problem...I know BB won't take it when the season starts..Probably just making the other teams think they suck by playing poorly..However, in case this is the true Patsies we can all get a good laugh at them this season .....
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As usual, Belichick is one step ahead of everyone else. Some think he tanked the Bengals game to get Cincy to feel good about themselves since they play in December. And this from a Boston Globe writer:

However, as Nick Cafardo points out in The Boston Globe, "nobody hobbled out of Gillette Stadium and if Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy wanted to glean anything from the Patriots in preparation for Thursday's season opener here, forget it. Bill Belichick showed him nothing."

I know Belichick believes you want to win preseason games because you want your team to get use to winning, but he seemed to take a different approach this preseason. I suspect he knows this team already knows how to win, so he's not worried about that aspect. Just hoping to soften up expectations while showing his own team that they are not invulnerable.

Maybe it will backfire, but I bet he's looking for a formula to repeat as champions which recent history has not been kind to.

And then there's this:

Also in the Globe, Ron Borges asserts, "it could have been worse, believe it or not. You could have been a Jaguars fan. Or worse, a Jaguars coach. If you were one of the latter, like offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, how do you explain your first-team offense being held scoreless in the first half by a defense anchored by Randall Gay and Christian Morton at the corners and Dexter Reid at safety?"

Back
Top Bottom