Patroling 'the zoo' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patroling 'the zoo'

mor911 said:
This is actually a great idea... The Player/coach/team sucks forum... It'll keep all of that trash out of the main board.

It could work. I don't think it would keep the 'trash' out of the main forum, but it WILL give the mods a place to move the posts when they see them.

I like the idea of mods and possibly premium members being able to movethreads to a "B" forum or a venting forum. A name that doesn't give a negative conotation to have your thread removed from the main forum like sending it to the Depths which IMO, could hold a great many of these threads.....That way we wouldn't be censoring anyone, they would be free to give their opinions but, it would also let them know that their posting standards must rise if they want their threads read by the majority and not just fellow idiots.

The only problem I see with that, is that it kinda elimintaes the need for the VIP membership....

While we are throwing out ideas:

I still think you guys should make a Detention forum!

Make people who abuse the rules go straight to Detention. That way, when they log in, the only forum they see or can post in is Detention. Have one or two mods specifically for that forum to explain to the violator why they are here (citing lines directly from the TOS) and what they can do (apologize) to be released back into the community. 3 or more detention vists equals a perma-ban.

If the violator is sorry for his actions then he gets released back into the community, if not.. he gets banned.

I think that this way, mods won't be accused of being "ban" happy but instead, giving people a second chance and it also gives the violator the option to share "his side" of the story. :)

Think about it AJ & co.!

inFINSible said:
I like the idea of mods and possibly premium members being able to movethreads to a "B" forum or a venting forum. A name that doesn't give a negative conotation to have your thread removed from the main forum like sending it to the Depths which IMO, could hold a great many of these threads.....That way we wouldn't be censoring anyone, they would be free to give their opinions but, it would also let them know that their posting standards must rise if they want their threads read by the majority and not just fellow idiots.

The only problem I see with that, is that it kinda elimintaes the need for the VIP membership....

Yeah.. It does sound like a great idea except for the VIP part.. :hmmm:

It would make the main forum sooo much cleaner..

Hmmmm, Anyone Think About putting X's For Badges ..............everyone Will See It ......................and When You Get Three Strikes By A Mod It Is Out For The Season.......

GRT8 said:
Hmmmm, Anyone Think About putting X's For Badges ..............everyone Will See It ......................and When You Get Three Strikes By A Mod It Is Out For The Season.......

We don't need no stinkin badges.

Back
Top Bottom