Pat's fans beating up old lady? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat's fans beating up old lady?

azfinfanmang said:
You have a link to this, or is the cold just affecting your brain again? Oh and by the way, dont you have a sandbox of your own to play in?
clear.gif

do you have a link to say it actually happend? thought not.....

It was all a lie. I did see Fiedler take a yellow snowball to the head in that game though :D.

Justasportsfan said:
It was all a lie.

Wait.....what's this?
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4154/is_200312/ai_n12377223

In her fifth grade class at Malden's Salemwood Elementary school, teacher Phyllis Weldon preaches constantly about tolerance, diversity and accepting others' cultures and points of view.

She grew up a Miami Dolphins fan, lucky enough to see lots of games and meet some of the greats, including quarterback Dan Marino. And when she finally made it to Gillette Stadium on Sunday - not until the third quarter of the traffic-snarled snow bowl - she said she saw "at least 300" fans wearing exactly what she wore: a green and black Miami Dolphins jacket.

For all those reasons "it just never dawned on me," Weldon, 42, said yesterday in a pained and sometimes gasping voice, "that wearing that jacket was taking my life in my hands."

Dbergan said:
OMG..OMG...Justa... just got OWNED!!!!! :roflmao:

I knew it wasnt a lie because I recall seeing it in several Boston newspapers.

Justasportsfan said:
You wish. Don't be stupid. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=28446&highlight=Phyllis+Weldon

I did blast the incident. However, there were reports refuting her "claims". (can't find it) In the end, there were no arrests or law suits. It supposedly happened in front of a crowd and yet there were no witnesses? Not a single finfan or either came to her aid?

LOL....fair enough.

Still funny as **** though that the article was posted by ih8Brady right after you said that. I was laughing for an hour regardless...murphys law, ya know?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah it was definitely true, I was at the game when it happened.

It was all over the news around here for a couple of days. The beat her because she was sporting some Dolphins gear.

Not that this is right, but in defense of Patriot fans it wasn't completely clear that she was a woman, I needed to look twice to realize it, so I can imagine it being even harder with all the snow gear she was wearing. Also, she was talking s*it as well. I mean, if people think you are a guy talking s*it sporting Dolphins gear up here, you are just asking for it..

Again, not that ANY of this is right, but it when all the evidence is lined up, this situation doesn't make Patriot fans look as bad as one might think it would. And this is coming from someone who thinks a majority of Patriot fans are scumbags...

Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've read this week. I'm sorry, but most fans don't beat up fans of other teams unless they as individuals are *******S. I've been to many UM games with fans from the other team, we'd jaw back and forth but would never beat them up. That's just asinine.

You guys sound like Philly fans, makes sense I guess you're above Philly and near NY.

I was at the aformentioned "Snow Bowl" and even though I am a Phin fan, it was an awesome game. We definely had our chnces, Ricky ran pretty well, our defense played awesome (as usual), and we certainly gave them the game, fumbling inside our 20 off the kickoff for 3 points and then our buddy Fiedler throwing the pick to Bruschi for 6. The snow going up in the air looked a lot better on tv than live maybe because what goes up, comes down the back of your neck and like someone said, it was very cold. I have been to many Pats/Phins games in NE because I am from Maine and I always wear as much orange and teal as I can find. Whenver someone gives me crap and just bark back at them that at least we didn't draft Tony Eason. They usually laugh, tell me I am right, and then offer me a beer!

bigmiamifan said:
Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've read this week. I'm sorry, but most fans don't beat up fans of other teams unless they as individuals are *******S. I've been to many UM games with fans from the other team, we'd jaw back and forth but would never beat them up. That's just asinine.

You guys sound like Philly fans, makes sense I guess you're above Philly and near NY.

What the ****. Do you think I'm a Patriot fan too?? :shakeno:

Go back an re-read my original post, I mention in it several times that it is not right and how I am not making excuses for Patriot fans. But it isn't like they just found a girl who was minding her own business wearing Dolphins gear and decided to pound on her. I'm just offering my opinion as to why it happened. If you don't believe it then that's fine, but don't attack someone else for their own opinion.

Generalize much? Way to lump all Northeast football fans together, that was real intelligent.

FaninPatsyLand said:
What the ****. Do you think I'm a Patriot fan too?? :shakeno:

Go back an re-read my original post, I mention in it several times that it is not right and how I am not making excuses for Patriot fans. But it isn't like they just found a girl who was minding her own business wearing Dolphins gear and decided to pound on her. I'm just offering my opinion as to why it happened. If you don't believe it then that's fine, but don't attack someone else for their own opinion.

Generalize much? Way to lump all Northeast football fans together, that was real intelligent.

:roflmao: You need like a disclaimer in your sig saying you're a Dolphins fan.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:lol:

Yeah really, this is getting ridiculous..

Here is your solution... you should change your name to "FinFanInPatsyLand"

Dirtywater said:
Here is your solution... you should change your name to "FinFanInPatsyLand"

That's a great idea, but I really would hate to bother the Mods with a PM. And would that go over the specified amount of characters for a screen name??

azfinfanmang said:
Pats fan doesnt need any excuses to look bad. Dudes probably knew it was a woman, just finally found somebody besides little brothers they could take. Good think there was two of them, story might have read:
"Pats fan beaten to within inches of his life by retired female school teacher."

that sounds about right :lol:

Back
Top Bottom