Paul Soliai interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul Soliai interview

oasis

Lost in the fog
Reaction score
For me this one went beyond the usual Finsiders interviews...A light-hearted and somewhat sentimental interview with Paul Soliai, a man we don't get to hear from too often but who's such an important part of the defense. I've really enjoyed watching this guy mature into a premiere NT/DT. He's a humble guy who has worked hard, grown up, and continued to perform at a very high level even after getting his payday. I remember when we all thought we had a huge hole at NT (we were looking to be buyers for Franklin) but how nicely he ended up working out for us!

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Paul_Soliai_In_Studio/242f9f3e-a85f-46d8-b9b0-7232e4ba56b4

Pouncey's interview yesterday was much better

no really.

I've heard many a coach say you must be strong down the middle. That goes for hockey (having good centers on your lines, just about every cup champion or great team has 3 very good centers on their 4 lines), baseball (pitching, catcher, good fielding from shortstop to 2nd baseman and a middle fielder with good range), to football (QB, center, DT's, good MLB, safety)

The Dolphins are getting good in a very important area.. Down the middle. If Reshad continues his development spurt at safety (though Clemons must be replaced), MLB with Dansby (though he doesn't make many playmaking plays as you'd like he's still a Top-5-7 MLB), Pouncey who looks like will be an ALL-PRO at center looking like the next Dwight Stephenson, our DT's Soliai and Starks forming one of the strongest DT tandems in the NFL,, and of course Tannehill

And i guess you can add Bush at RB.

Down the middle the Dolphins are getting strong. And this is a very important element to a good football team that a lot of people miss, or don't look for, don't notice, or don't talk about

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this and really good interview, I love how the dolphins players are taking the high road when asked about the Jets rivalry. The whole culture here is awesome and it starts on the Lines. Soliai does not get enough attention by the national media because he is doing the dirty work and the other guys get the sacks.

Back
Top Bottom