Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

This just feels like a smoke screen to me. I am guessing they have their player already and are trying to create a way for the player to fall to them.

Also, I can't wait until the middle of the year when Kiko and Maxwell are both Ballin out. There will be about 95% of this board eating crow.

no there won't be...not if the ones currently complaining are doing so with regards to the player values at the time the trade was made

but hey if he trades a high 3 to go back up to 8 you will have taken it in the tail pipe 2 times

Cowboys can pick him at 4 and shut all of this down so lets just wait and see. Doesn't make sense to trade back to 8 unless he is their #1 guy on the board since day 1. In that case you go get your guy who fills a huge need and is #1 on your board

no there won't be...not if the ones currently complaining are doing so with regards to the player values at the time the trade was made

but hey if he trades a high 3 to go back up to 8 you will have taken it in the tail pipe 2 times

I still would do the trade again. Picking up a starting corner and Middle linebacker while only dropping 5 spots certainly makes up for the drop in draft prospect value.

I still think they want Jack to fall to them.

Dolphins shoud play circus music at draft party

Last edited by a moderator:
if I'm Cleveland I just acquired a kings ransom of picks trading out to 8 from philly why would I trade out again when I could just take the bpa or take a chance on jack even given all those picks I have in the future

unless someones blowing me away with an offer I can't refuse

(walks in mike tannenbaum)

Because this is their attempt at a "MoneyBall" approach in the NFL.
Picks are the commodity. especially if you are approaching it from the standpoint that the entire roster is basically a "need".
A team over-valuing any singular individual player then becomes the market inefficiency that you look to capitalize on.
Scouting is an imperfect science and they are looking to bring in as many guys as possible to mitigate that bust factor. At least at this point when you're starting from the ground up and trying to establish a core of your roster.

At least that would be my assumption. And while I'm not sure I'd take that approach, as my argument is usually to take the elite talent, that is how I would justify what they seem to be doing.

Please do not trade up. We need to trade back, get more picks ... not trade up for a RB. That would be a bad move.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I do not believe rumors the week leading up to the draft.

Back
Top Bottom