Payton creating a small stir by asking for buyout... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Payton creating a small stir by asking for buyout...

TerryTate said:
If the SHAQ deal goes down he wants a buyout so he can leave the Lakers....it doesnt end in Los Angeles.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1838214

As a Laker fan, I say good. I haven't like the guy on the team at all. I was willing to live with him this season because he was supposedly upset with Phil moreso than anyone else. However, if he wants out, trade him and trade him quickly. I would be much happier with Fisher manning the point and the rookie we just drafted getting minutes behind him. Like I said in another thread, trade Payton, Fox and George to G.S. for Dampier in a sign and trade. Damp gets out of G.S. and gets good money (since contracts have to match up), L.A. bust up the logjam at the 2/3 spot by ridding themselves of Fox and George ( leaving Butler, Rush, Kobe, and Walton for the majority of the work there) and G.S. gets cap relief, a veteran PG who can score and feed the ball to Richardson, Dunleavy and Murphy, plus a shooter who cna hit the three in George. To me, it sounds like a win-win situation. The Warriors weren't going to get anything for Damp, so if they do this, at least they get some players back.

Unless, of course, you guys want to gie us Wade for Payton.... :goof: :evil:

Samphin said:
Unless, of course, you guys want to give us Wade for Payton.... :goof: :evil:

Sorry...but Todd Wade signed with the Texans. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom