Pennington to get a lot of playing time Thursday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nublar7, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-chad-tampa-bay-082509,0,2620453.story

This is typically expected for the third preseason game. I do think this is the last time we will see Pennington this preseason. I think there is a good chance they will sit Pennington and most of the starters for the last game against the Saints. At MOST, I think Pennington would get one series in that game.

2. cljh19

cljh19 Starter

i would find it real interesting if they threw pat white into the wildcat somewhere even with pennington in the game just to get other teams thinking. im not so sure if we will even see him this year but it would be worth it in the preseason just to get people wondering.

3. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

we'll see him this year in the wildcat come regular season..

4. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

I really dont mind Pat White sitting out this one. We really need Henne to be ready in case something happens. White will get plenty of time in the fourth game, and as of now, he really needs to master a couple of plays in order to fullfill his role for this season. Henne needs to master the whole picture. Dont fool yourself, We might see more of White this year because of his unusual skillsets, but Henne's role is much more important to this team backing up an injury prone CP.

5. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

Am I the only one who thinks that Ronnie is still going to run around 80% of the wildcat?

6. ArmyFin7

ArmyFin7 U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

If this team is nearly as good as I think they are....this thing shouldnt even be close come half-time. Tampa has looked HORRIBLE!

7. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin A True Fan

hmmm, we are 2.5 pt dogs. hmmmmmmm wager time?

8. ArmyFin7

ArmyFin7 U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

I would bet that one in a heartbeat!!

9. cljh19

cljh19 Starter

i agree...im not really sure how much we will see white this year. i dont buy the hype really. thats why i thought atleast let him line up at WR in the wildcat just to get teams another thing to think about.

10. FINOMINAL

FINOMINAL Scout Team

I hope we don’t need the wildcat at all. I’d like to man up and beat teams by playing better fundamental football and executing the plays. I’d like receivers that catch, quarterbacks who can throw and runners who can run. I don’t think White plays at all in this next game, but I expect him to play a lot of the last exhibition. I still think we might end up with another quarterback on the final roster this season, as in pretty soon.

11. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

We beat Jacksonville by 3

Tampa beat Jacksonville too and they scored more points on Jacksonville in the first half than we did the entire game.

12. cljh19

cljh19 Starter

it would be great to just like up and play little league football and win every time, but thats not realistic. the nfl is all about scheme, mismatches, and out smarting your opponent. as long as the wildcat is working we would be fools not to use it. execution is a must on all plays, wether its a dive up the middle or a reverse pass out of the wildcat.

13. phinphan4life

phinphan4life Monkey Milk Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm more interested in seeing the defense play, specifically the secondary. I already know what Chad P brings to the table.

14. Fin #10

Fin #10 Starter

I don't really care what kind of offense we run or how we win, just as long as we WIN. If the wildcat creates match up issues for the opposing teams defense, then so be it. If we can just line up and run it down thier throats, then that's great too. Whatever it takes to win is fine with me.

15. rlurie

rlurie Well-Known Member

Nope, I completely agree with you, although I think he will be running it close to 100% of the time

16. FinKage34

FinKage34 Starter

A VERY big difference between the 1st and second pre-season games.

We opened with the Jags and were just getting our footing. I think this is a massacre against the Bucs. Henne will slice up the Bucs D in the second half as well...considering he will be facing the scrubs. :woot:

17. FinSolari

FinSolari Scout Team

More than pennington, I would like to see: better tackling, see if the secondary bounces back from a pretty bad performance, someone secure the PR/KR duties, and see Lex Hilliard be put there against the 1st string defense.

18. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Exactly, I expect the new Wildcat wrinkles will not be exposed till the regular season