Pennington to get a lot of playing time Thursday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington to get a lot of playing time Thursday

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins fans watching Thursday night's exhibition game against Tampa Bay can expect a heavy dose of playing time for starting quarterback Chad Pennington, with a side of Chad Henne.

The game plan for the regular season's dress rehearsal is to play Pennington for the entire first half, and carry the 10-year veteran over into the first series of the third quarter.

From there, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said he plans to play Henne for a quarter and a half.

There was no mention of rookie quarterback Pat White, the team's second-round pick, but that doesn't mean the former West Virginia standout won't play against the Buccaneers.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-chad-tampa-bay-082509,0,2620453.story

This is typically expected for the third preseason game. I do think this is the last time we will see Pennington this preseason. I think there is a good chance they will sit Pennington and most of the starters for the last game against the Saints. At MOST, I think Pennington would get one series in that game.

i would find it real interesting if they threw pat white into the wildcat somewhere even with pennington in the game just to get other teams thinking. im not so sure if we will even see him this year but it would be worth it in the preseason just to get people wondering.

I really dont mind Pat White sitting out this one. We really need Henne to be ready in case something happens. White will get plenty of time in the fourth game, and as of now, he really needs to master a couple of plays in order to fullfill his role for this season. Henne needs to master the whole picture. Dont fool yourself, We might see more of White this year because of his unusual skillsets, but Henne's role is much more important to this team backing up an injury prone CP.

Am I the only one who thinks that Ronnie is still going to run around 80% of the wildcat?

If this team is nearly as good as I think they are....this thing shouldnt even be close come half-time. Tampa has looked HORRIBLE!

Am I the only one who thinks that Ronnie is still going to run around 80% of the wildcat?

i agree...im not really sure how much we will see white this year. i dont buy the hype really. thats why i thought atleast let him line up at WR in the wildcat just to get teams another thing to think about.

I hope we don’t need the wildcat at all. I’d like to man up and beat teams by playing better fundamental football and executing the plays. I’d like receivers that catch, quarterbacks who can throw and runners who can run. I don’t think White plays at all in this next game, but I expect him to play a lot of the last exhibition. I still think we might end up with another quarterback on the final roster this season, as in pretty soon.

If this team is nearly as good as I think they are....this thing shouldnt even be close come half-time. Tampa has looked HORRIBLE!

We beat Jacksonville by 3

Tampa beat Jacksonville too and they scored more points on Jacksonville in the first half than we did the entire game.

I hope we don’t need the wildcat at all. I’d like to man up and beat teams by playing better fundamental football and executing the plays. I’d like receivers that catch, quarterbacks who can throw and runners who can run. I don’t think White plays at all in this next game, but I expect him to play a lot of the last exhibition. I still think we might end up with another quarterback on the final roster this season, as in pretty soon.

it would be great to just like up and play little league football and win every time, but thats not realistic. the nfl is all about scheme, mismatches, and out smarting your opponent. as long as the wildcat is working we would be fools not to use it. execution is a must on all plays, wether its a dive up the middle or a reverse pass out of the wildcat.

I'm more interested in seeing the defense play, specifically the secondary. I already know what Chad P brings to the table.

I don't really care what kind of offense we run or how we win, just as long as we WIN. If the wildcat creates match up issues for the opposing teams defense, then so be it. If we can just line up and run it down thier throats, then that's great too. Whatever it takes to win is fine with me.

Nope, I completely agree with you, although I think he will be running it close to 100% of the time

Back
Top Bottom