Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James

I really, really believe there is a power struggle going on right now within the organization.

First we don't even approach the guy with an offer. Then we are shopping him for trade. Now we are scurrying around trying to get him extended before FA starts.

If one person is making all of these choices then it is scattershot and very difficult to believe.

If it is two people making choices, it not only makes more sense... but seems to indicate infighting.

I wouldn't be surprised if TB is forced out after the draft.

Something just tells me this offseason's story lines are not indicative of a unified organization. Something just seems off. It's too weird, even for us.

Do any of us really know who's calling the shots? In most organizations its the GM. Im pretty sure in ours Greer is just a figure head and Tannenbaum is making the moves. That could be the struggle right there...... Gase only has control of the 53.

Do any of us really know who's calling the shots? In most organizations its the GM. Im pretty sure in ours Greer is just a figure head and Tannenbaum is making the moves. That could be the struggle right there...... Gase only has control of the 53.

Well, I don't think anyone is confused about Grier's role. He has no real role.

And as I recall, Gase has final authority on the roster. In such a way that TB makes the final call on acquiring talent (finances, etc). And I'm sure Gase has had input up until now. But once they are on the roster, I'm sure it's Gase's call.

Which brings me to the Suh situation. Gase may want a player cut, but I firmly believe there are a few guys that he needs owner approval to cut: Suh and RT.

Suh is (to be) cut and we are looking to move up to draft a QB.

It just seems to me that if there is an underlying trend its that Gase is GAINING power. Implying TB is losing it.

And I remember how proud the hiring committee was when they chose Gase. Gushing over him in the press conference as "the next BB".

If I had to guess, Gase is about to become HC/GM. And if he has had any footing to gain this power it is that he is playing without HIS QB and HIS players.

I said in another post that RT's mishandling of his injury has seemingly opened a door for Gase. I think the Cutler experiment was to save this roster last year.

It failed. And it failed with mostly TB signings and players. If I had to speculate, it seems believable to me that Gase has parlayed his misfortune and the circumstances around it as a play for more control/power.

I might be wrong, but we may have also just witnessed 2 years of grooming to reach this point. The point where the press conference hiring of Gase was prophecy to a longer term vision.

Yea, I'm probably wrong.

It’s the right thing to do. Pay a guy the year before his contract is over. Get him more reasonable then him being the top tackle. Should of been done with Landry and Vernon. About time. Atleast we are trying:. First smart move the Dolphins made since Quinn trade

I really, really believe there is a power struggle going on right now within the organization.

First we don't even approach the guy with an offer. Then we are shopping him for trade. Now we are scurrying around trying to get him extended before FA starts.

If one person is making all of these choices then it is scattershot and very difficult to believe.

If it is two people making choices, it not only makes more sense... but seems to indicate infighting.

Something just tells me this offseason's story lines are not indicative of a unified organization. Something just seems off. It's too weird, even for us.

If Tbaum is forced out....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do it before the draft!

Eh, i just think we're all ****ed up with no real vision. Gase hasn't done squat yet, certainly not anything close to making him a gm or whatever...heck, he might be looking for a coord job in a year or two if we don't crack a 8 win season.

Last edited:

Or maybe they got something worked out with Denver if they can get him on a contract they would accept rather then trading for a guy who isn’t locked up

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a sham contract offer as part of a PR move by Tannenbaum to redeem himself.

Ja'Wuan James is likely being offered a contract that is less than what he would get in free agency, and its a very weak free agency class for tackles. Why would he accept this offer from Tannenbaum when he knows he will likely be released if he rejects it, and in turn will get that bigger free agent contract? Tannenbaum gets to say he offered James a fair contract, and James gets to walk away and look like the bad guy. The other slimy thing is that Tannenbaum told the press that he made a contract offer to James. He wants the public to know that he offered James something. I guess we'll see.

I'm OK with this move if it's in the range of 6M or so, but 7M and above I'd rather not. Personally, I still do not really like the player ... he cannot run block, he cannot stay healthy, he cannot play LT in a pinch, he's an average guy. I'm OK with paying him an average wage, and frankly 6M seems high for what we get, I just would rather not create more holes along an OL that needs help and a salary reduction. We already need to replace 2 G's and possibly a C, which is 3 OL ... more than teams realistically add in one offseason. Assuming Jesse Davis plays RG, we keep Pouncey and he can stay healthy, that leaves only 1 spot to fill, and I'm curious to see how Asiata does after a year of seasoning.

But I'd rather have some OL who can consistently run block. It opens up our offense so much more, and it allows us to compete once we reach playoff competition. IMHO, James really doesn't.

Absolutely, Flipper is calling the shots ... all those other clowns are just decoys set up by the Ace Ventura Protection Agency.

I'm cool with anything that prevents us from taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds.

He’d be arguably the free agent right tackle on the market, he’s got zero incentive to take a hometown discount deal.
I'm hoping that's the case and he walks. Marginally better than Jonathon Martin.

good move if they can get it done. have to be smart and not pull and kiko or branch

Doesnt make sense! Anything less than 8m with good guarantees then James should reject it.

The offer will probably be less than 8....so James rejects it.

Surley the Dolphins will then take a trade.....rather than just release him!

Back
Top Bottom