Perfect scenario for Phins come draft day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perfect scenario for Phins come draft day

CubanCulebra

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
-Dolphins exchange first-rounders with the Patriots and get a 3,4,& 6 in return. Pats take Santonio Holmes at 16.

-Phins exchange first-rounders, yet again, with Colts and get a 2, & 5 in return. Colts select Laurence Maroney at 21.

-Phins now have: 1 (30), 2 (62), 3 (82), 3 (86), 4 (114), 4 (118), 5 (162), 6 (206), 7 (212), 7 (226), 7 (233) picks in the draft and can select from Ashton Youboty(my pick)/Bobby Carpenter/Nick Mangold at # 30.

-Phins exchange second-rounders with Jets and give up a 3 and 4. They the can select from DeMeco Ryans (my pick)/Gabe Watson/Max Jean-Gilles/Ko Simpson

- 1 (30)Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State / 2 (35)DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama / 3 (82)Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon / 4 (114) Mike Degory, C, Florida / 5 (162) Anthony Montgomery, DT, Minnesota / 6 (206) Dwayne Slay, S, Texas Tech / 7 (212) Leon Williams, ILB, Miami(Fl) / 7 (226) Will Allen, OG, Texas/ 7 (233) Jarrad Page, S, UCLA

Thats a sweet draft.

dude THERE IS NO WAY that the pats would give up 3 picks just to move up a measly 5 spots.... and i dont think the colts would give up a 2nd and 5th rounder for moving up 9 spots. Not saying that i wouldnt want that to happen, but lets be realistic. Sweet draft though, i like your picks. you just forgot manny lawson man!

COMEBACKRICKY said:
dude THERE IS NO WAY that the pats would give up 3 picks just to move up a measly 5 spots.... and i dont think the colts would give up a 2nd and 5th rounder for moving up 9 spots. Not saying that i wouldnt want that to happen, but lets be realistic. Sweet draft though, i like your picks. you just forgot manny lawson man!
yeh, its more of a dream scenario but you never know what a team is willing to give up based on how much in love they fall with a player. rememebr Pats have a lot of picks to play with. also, i think Colts would love to move up for a measly 2,5 and Saban still comes up with a big time DB- win, win. I'm not a Lawson fan

CubanCulebra said:
-Dolphins exchange first-rounders with the Patriots and get a 3,4,& 6 in return. Pats take Santonio Holmes at 16.

-Phins exchange first-rounders, yet again, with Colts and get a 2, & 5 in return. Colts select Laurence Maroney at 21.

-Phins now have: 1 (30), 2 (62), 3 (82), 3 (86), 4 (114), 4 (118), 5 (162), 6 (206), 7 (212), 7 (226), 7 (233) picks in the draft and can select from Ashton Youboty(my pick)/Bobby Carpenter/Nick Mangold at # 30.

-Phins exchange second-rounders with Jets and give up a 3 and 4. They the can select from DeMeco Ryans (my pick)/Gabe Watson/Max Jean-Gilles/Ko Simpson

- 1 (30):Ashton Youboty,CB / 2 (35):DeMeco Ryans,OLB / 3 (82):Demetrius Williams,WR / 4 (114) Mike Degory, C / 5 (162) Anthony Montgomery, DT / 6 (206) Dwayne Slay, S / 7 (212) Leon Williams, ILB / 7 (226) Will Allen, OG / 7 (233) Jarrad Page, S

Thats a sweet draft.

I'm a die hard Ohio State fun and I watched Youboty play every game of his career. I would not draft him in the 1st round maybe like the 2nd. Mangold would be my pick here.

Yep....why would the Pats give us three picks like that...very rarely do teams in the same division exchange picks let alone make trades.

I do believe we might make a deal with the Colts and get thier first and second pick. There may be a back they are in love with. I doubt hte Patriots would deal with us.

dlockz said:
I do believe we might make a deal with the Colts and get thier first and second pick. There may be a back they are in love with. I doubt hte Patriots would deal with us.

I'm afraid the market is going to be more like 1st, 3rd, and 5th than 1st and 2nd for that type of trade. I do think it's possible that the Colts will be looking to move up if the Maroney talk is smokescreen for their desire to get Williams.

Jimmy James said:
I'm afraid the market is going to be more like 1st, 3rd, and 5th than 1st and 2nd for that type of trade. I do think it's possible that the Colts will be looking to move up if the Maroney talk is smokescreen for their desire to get Williams.

Well according to value chart that is a pretty close trade but I would take the second trade also. Or we could swap third rounders along with the firsts and get thier second.

dlockz said:
Well according to value chart that is a pretty close trade but I would take the second trade also. Or we could swap third rounders along with the firsts and get thier second.

Remember that the chart we have is really just a rule of thumb, not any sort of binding statement of any team's view of the value of draft picks in this or any other draft. That goes double for this year given what Denver gave up to move from 29 to 15.

One thing that may help Miami move down if Nick wants to move down is that 16 is the last pick that gets to sign the rookie to the longer contract. That makes Miami's pick worth more than the 17 and could be enough to get Miami some additional value.

Back
Top Bottom