Personnel, salary-cap decisions looming for Dolphins in offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personnel, salary-cap decisions looming for Dolphins in offseason

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Personnel, salary-cap decisions looming for Dolphins in offseason
Clearing cap space: The Dolphins will rid themselves of almost $6 million by releasing Brian Griese before he is slated to collect a $5.94 million roster bonus. Other players who probably won't be collecting scheduled roster bonuses include free safety Brock Marion ($500,000), center Tim Ruddy ($500,000), wide receiver Derrius Thompson ($400,000) and right guard Todd Perry ($250,000).

Veteran players who risk being released because of their high base salaries include wide receiver James McKnight ($1.8 million) and strong safety Sammy Knight ($1.25 million plus a $300,000 roster bonus). Cornerback Jamar Fletcher ($855,000) and tackle Mark Dixon ($600,000 plus a $100,000 bonus) also could be gone after failing to make significant contributions in 2003.

decent overview...

i would hope Sammy Knight restructures. he was a big part of the teams run D. if used right, he could be as devestating as Roy Williams, Brian Dawkins, and Ed Reed.

I doubt we cut Sammy. He played solid for us this year and made plays which is something we have not had at SS in a while. He will return IMO. The guy who I think is in danger of leaving, BUT I want him back is FS Brock Marion. Lets hope he decides to restructure his contract/

Originally posted by Prime Time
I doubt we cut Sammy. He played solid for us this year and made plays which is something we have not had at SS in a while. He will return IMO. The guy who I think is in danger of leaving, BUT I want him back is FS Brock Marion. Lets hope he decides to restructure his contract/

Marion isn't very good. i would rather see him go.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Marion isn't very good. i would rather see him go.
I was thinking that too, but review all the FS' out there - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players?league=nfc&position=s - there are not too many good ones. I mean Jerry Wilson started for SD :eek: :lol:

seriously, I think we need to cut on D and starting Freeman over Brock w/make sense if Freeman was not a UFA. FS c/b a major weak spot for us next year if they do cut Brock to save 500K

We can draft one.......The guy I like is Eric Oliver of Ole Miss, but I think he is a junior.

Marion may have made the Pro Bowl but he blows assignments non-stop. Example Eagles game Marion was supposed to be there to help cover Pinkston, instead he bit on the play fake.

Originally posted by Jaj
Marion may have made the Pro Bowl but he blows assignments non-stop. Example Eagles game Marion was supposed to be there to help cover Pinkston, instead he bit on the play fake.
if you watch enough games, you will see that all FS' blow coverage, there are just about none of them that can cover a decent WR 1 on 1. OC's job is to get that matchup of a #1 or #2 WR on a FS. Brock is typically as frustrating as it is to watch.

Back
Top Bottom