Pete Caroll is the guy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Caroll is the guy

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
He has made USC great again and has past experience, this is the guy

He will never leave SC. He's got it too good right now there. I'd focus on Saban. He might leave.

Are you kidding me? He was pathetic in NE. He is a great college coach but cannot handle the NFL.

PhinzPhanatic said:
Are you kidding me? He was pathetic in NE. He is a great college coach but cannot handle the NFL.
He was 26-21 in NE in 3 years. Not exactly pathetic.

In the Mort report, Chris Mortensen stated that the list of candidates that "he has heard" for the Dolphins are Brad Childress, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Charlie Weis, and Jeff Tedford. I dont have a problem with any of the guys but I just hope that if they bring in Brad Childress they don't waste another year with Feeley.

Bonedoc7777 said:
He has made USC great again and has past experience, this is the guy
With all due respect, he isn't the guy to save your franchise. Maybe, if he becomes your defensive coordinator, he's going to be of a great - really great - help. But for head coach? Take my word for it. He ain't worth a dime for HC.

His record with Jets and Pats as HC has been but mediocre. Maybe too naive - for instance, I think the Dan Marino fake spike play was against Caroll-led Jets. (You know how that killed the momentum for them, eventually losing out of playoffs) His work as the defensive coordinator in SF got them a super bowl ring though. (Or that's what my memory tells me.) It's proven already. You don't need to waste a few more years in agony.

*I had to tell you this, even though I'm a dolphin-hating Jetfan. :)*

c'mon,, how short our memories are, Carrol has turned out to be a great College Coach, but his tenure as an NFL coach was mediocre at best, from my standpoint he would just be another clone of Wanny.

no carrol , no spurrier ..please ..no more loosers of the nfl .... I like SABAN ..... I beleive he is the guy , he will learn things along with a new breed of players and solid veterans and I beleive that in about 3 years we can be a powerful team ...hopefully for many years to come .

Zach said:
..... I think the Dan Marino fake spike play was against Caroll-led Jets.

Actually, that was Parcells. I remember the network gurus ragging on him because that was the last time Miami beat the Jets in NY (or something like that).

Anyway, I remember Pete Carroll most because of the choking gesture he gave Pete Stoyanovich (sp?). I think that was 92' wasn't it?

Carroll is a college coach, and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom