Peter King says we take Dalton at 15 or trade down. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King says we take Dalton at 15 or trade down.

OrangeShorts

Rookie
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...4/20/2011-nfl-mock-draft/index.html?eref=sihp
Will Pick: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Should Pick: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

Of the 19 teams that worked out Dalton individually or hosted him for a visit, none was as exhaustive as the Dolphins, and I hear they liked what they saw. I could see them trading down -- they're desperate to recoup the second-round pick they lost in the Brandon Marshall deal -- and taking either Dalton or Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett later.

I think the exhaustive workout with Dalton speaks less about Dalton and more about the overall interest level Miami has in drafting a QB this year. They have met with several QBs repeatedly and put them through the ringer.

Earliest Miami picks Dalton is late first round, and even that is a stretch.

God I hope not . . . the only thing worse than wasting 5 second round picks in 7 years on QB draft picks/trades . . . is wasting a first round pick on a guy who shouldn't even be talked about as a 2nd rounder.

If things get that drastic Jeff . . . just call Cincy up and trade them the 15th for Carson. I'd much prefer that over drafting Dalton

Dalton is a 4th to 5th rounder at best, but why are people projecting him so high now?

Will Pick: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Should Pick: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

It was nice of King to agree with himself there. It's one thing for him to say he thinks we're going to take Dalton there, and but it's completely another for him to say it's the best move we could make at #15.

if Peter King says Dalton is the pick at 15th overall, I fully expect him to be taken in the middle of the 3rd round

Adam Schefter just tweeted that Ponder and Dalton will go in the first round.

its interesting to read here and other sites i like, and then go to the pro sites where the roomers are. and if you read some real draft talk from the coachs and writers who who just read and post like we do rolf, the risers and sliders in the drafts. it happens every year
there are sites that say there are just 2 qb's that can come in and start this year the one your blowing up is 1 of them. who knows really. Drafts are like shooting craps naked with your sister blind folded of coarse.

its interesting to read here and other sites i like, and then go to the pro sites where the roomers are. and if you read some real draft talk from the coachs and writers who who just read and post like we do rolf, the risers and sliders in the drafts. it happens every year
there are sites that say there are just 2 qb's that can come in and start this year the one your blowing up is 1 of them. who knows really. Drafts are like shooting craps naked with your sister blind folded of coarse.

Exercising incestual guilt on finheaven = win.

Neither of these guys deserve to go in the first but it's obviously a supply and demand issue here. Dalton was just ok at TCU and I feel the same way about Ponder last year.

Back
Top Bottom