Peyton Manning as GM? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning as GM?

Here is why I don't want Manning.

He has zero management experience. Being a great footballer won't make him a great GM or whatever position you want him in. You want people who can identify talent an get rid of deadwood. The way Miami is, you need an experienced GM.

Tannebaum needs too go, no doubt about that, and go now. Start looking for a replacement who knows the football front office. Who knows how too draft and trade.

Manning has no experience in that.

I'd take a zero experience Manning over a tenured Tannenbaum every day of the week. Manning would learn on the job and be just fine. In 2 years he would be more proficient in his duties than Tannenbaum would in 2 lifetimes.

I don't know who will be available when Ross finally throws his arms up and says 'enough!', but I doubt I would trust any of them over Manning.

I'm 110% down with the idea of getting Peyton in the front office. I have no doubt in my mind that he will out work anyone, and would bring a glowing energy to Dolphins management that has been severely lacking for decades.

That argument could be used in defense of hiring a toddler as GM. Yes, yes, "a toddler would be better than Ireland or Tbum."
I don't even think a toddler would've had as bad an offseason as Ireland did in 2013

That argument could be used in defense of hiring a toddler as GM. Yes, yes, "a toddler would be better than Ireland or Tbum."

At this point I would be prepared to give it a shot.

Forget manning. being a good player doesnt make you a good gm. Let him earn a GM job if he wants one - which I suspect he doesnt

I'd love to see him as offensive coordinator. One thing about Manning is he won't be outworked.

As far as GM goes, does anyone really believe Miami would make a change?

Rarely does a HOF player make a great coach or executive. Lenny Wilkins I'd the only guy I can think of right now. Remember chiklets? John Elway and his hand picked coach? His hand picked QB can't beat out an incredibly bad Trevose Simons. I am going to pass on hiring a name without a resume.

Marino has been 'stinky jock deep' learning the position... it's his 'house'... he's next.
I don't think Marino will ever end up in the GM or VP seat. He's constantly been around for years but clearly not making an impact.

Peyton please come and save this pathetic joke of a franchise!

Payton Manning is not a product of this franchise. you don't bypass the heart/soul/face of this storied team in Dan Marino for an interloper. that's how we ended up with Tannenbaum. Ross has always been a man who 'elevates from within' at Related... he's never done that once with this football team and it's ball-kicking him every single year that goes by. at 75, you'd think he'd learned that by now. MAKE MARINO THE VP. get a Dolphin to run the Dolphins!

Rarely does a HOF player make a great coach or executive. Lenny Wilkins I'd the only guy I can think of right now. Remember chiklets? John Elway and his hand picked coach? His hand picked QB can't beat out an incredibly bad Trevose Simons. I am going to pass on hiring a name without a resume.

John Elway just won a Super Bowl as an executive. When is the last time a Dolphins executive did that? P. Manning is a winner and a professional. We don’t have one in our damn building!

If we are going to ask a former player to do the GM job I would rather ask Zach Thomas. This guy is a "John Lynch" type player who understands the importance of building a very good defense as your foundation. Zach or Jason Taylor would be my pick.

Do any of the 'players' we're advocating for have any GM experience, or at the very least, training? Doesn't seem like it.

Larry Bird and Pat Riley are two others in the NBA. Curly Lambeau was a player, coach and GM...at the same time.

John Elway has sucked but he took all the credit for the previous GMs hard work when they won the super bowl.

Back
Top Bottom